Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm quite interested in Slate House again this year.

After he beat Summerville Boy at Cheltenham in Nov last year this is what was reported:

Tizzard said: "He's by Presenting so we were concerned about the going, but he handled it fine.

"It looked like he'd stay further. The favourite (Dame De Compagnie) obviously didn't run its race, but this is a nice, young horse. He's learning his way and is not a world-beater yet, but he's done nothing wrong.

"We now know he's not ground dependent and it looks like he stayed on well, so a fast-run two miles might be ideal. He's a gorgeous-looking horse and has done nothing wrong. We'll have to mind him."

"I thought, 'This lad's a three-mile point-to-pointer', so rather than wrestle him I let him bowl on and do it himself, which wasn't really what I had had in my head, but he bowled away lovely, winged the last and we turned in and there were flags and whistles as we bypassed the [dolled off] hurdles.

"For a horse only having his second run on a proper racetrack, it was a little bit for him to think about it, and he idled a bit in front. He's quite a sensitive horse and it wasn't ideal when I was trying to get him going forward. But when one came to him he picked up nicely. He's a nice horse.

"I'd say he's a very smart horse. I don't know how far he's going to go, but he's won a Grade Two and I'd say he's won it comfortably. He'll probably end up wanting three miles and fences one day, but he's a lovely prospect."

He is only quoted at 50/1 at the moment in the Arkle market, nothing in the RSA and not in the JLT. One I am going to keep my eye on.

Comment

• One horse I would be interested in is Champ by Henderson although I backed Vindication the same day I was so impressed by the way this horse travelled and didn't expect him to win after a long lay off, that race was in mid Jan and Nicky held onto his novice status for the season.

He hasn't looked a superstar in both runs this season but I think he will improve for running against better horses, I'd imagine Ballymore would probably be the race for him if he is good enough, but I could also see him popping up in the Betfair Hurdle ala Tent and going down the Supreme route, what do ye think?

Comment

• Also I believe other than Samcro that Getabird was probably the best novice around last season. I'd love to know what Willie's plan for him is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
          Also I believe other than Samcro that Getabird was probably the best novice around last season. I'd love to know what Willie's plan for him is.
          The fact that he underperformed at Cheltenham and Punchestown is enough to put me off him until I see him again, preferably going left handed.

Comment

• See Hills have taken a strong position on Samcro staying over Hurdles, 4/1 the CH and pushed out in all novice chases including 7/1 for the JLT...interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              See Hills have taken a strong position on Samcro staying over Hurdles, 4/1 the CH and pushed out in all novice chases including 7/1 for the JLT...interesting
              The 8/1 for Samcro Champion Hurdle with Boylesports is gone, 5/1 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                See Hills have taken a strong position on Samcro staying over Hurdles, 4/1 the CH and pushed out in all novice chases including 7/1 for the JLT...interesting
                On the face of it yes, but they also have him 4/1 for the Arkle (industry shortest) but are best priced about the horse for JLT and RSA.
                They appear to have taken a strong view that he won't be tried over further than 2m...

Comment

• Still showing as 8/1 with Boyles on oddschecker at the moment but the price is changing every 10-15 mins

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Still showing as 8/1 with Boyles on oddschecker at the moment but the price is changing every 10-15 mins
                    Just double checked it on Boylesports FM, definitely showing 5/1.

Comment

• Oddschecker is garbage, and often shows incorrect prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                        Oddschecker is garbage, and often shows incorrect prices.
                        Welcome back Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Welcome back Tim
                          Hi mate, hope you're keeping well

Can't wait for the books to arrive, so I can get stuck into some reading!

Is it me, or has this been the longest summer, ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            On the face of it yes, but they also have him 4/1 for the Arkle (industry shortest) but are best priced about the horse for JLT and RSA.
                            They appear to have taken a strong view that he won't be tried over further than 2m...
                            Appears to be showing as 9s for the Arkle on their website. Must admit don't see 7s as particularly great value for the CH so just done a smallish double with Black Op (Any race) with Coral at 71/1

Comment

• Kalashnikov is 8/1 best price for the Arkle - target not confirmed. Even if it was, he's not going novice chasing with standout form.

Penhill 9/1 for the stayers.

Mental.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                                Hi mate, hope you're keeping well

Can't wait for the books to arrive, so I can get stuck into some reading!

Is it me, or has this been the longest summer, ever
                                I'm good ta.

Agreed, it has been a long summer for me too but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I love this time of year though. All the chat about the jumps horses, plus all of my favourite flat races ( Cesarewitch, Cambridgeshire, Arc, Ayr Gold cup, Champions Day).

Comment

Working...
                                X