Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'm probably a little blinded by my own bets (despite having Yorkhill 20/1 gfor the CH) ./... but my God, they should be running Yorkhill in this race!

Balko Des Flos isn't a better horse than Yorkhill. Cue Card is Cue Card, fair enough... then next best is Cloudy Dream!

They've got to have more than one dart? Djakadam would interest me too.

I'm quite tempted to back all of the other Mullins runners tonight NRNB!
    They're all over priced. Particularly douvan nrnb. And yorkhill 8/1 ew 1/4

It's alright them saying douvan min both go qmcc and yorkhill CH. But they wouldn't have thought in there wildest dreams that the Ryanair would cut up to this. There's atleast 7 to come out no doubt. 7 max field. .
    2 places on the day.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 9 March 2018, 10:04 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

It's alright them saying douvan min both go qmcc and yorkhill CH. But they wouldn't have thought in there wildest dreams that the Ryanair would cut up to this. There's atleast 7 to come out no doubt. 7 max field. .
      2 places on the day.
      Totally agree.

There has to be e/w calue in this.

I wish there was a without UDS market too

WIll hav e aproper look at this in an hour or so.

Comment

2 places on the day.
        If that's the case Scooby I think Sub Lieutenant is a cracking NRNB price, currently 16/1 and 1/4 odds for a place with Bet365. Will love the softer going, and the price discrepancy between himself and Balko Des Flos makes no sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          If that's the case Scooby I think Sub Lieutenant is a cracking NRNB price, currently 16/1 and 1/4 odds for a place with Bet365. Will love the softer going, and the price discrepancy between himself and Balko Des Flos makes no sense to me.
          He wouldn't be one that interests me but I see your case. There's deffinately 7 to come out.

Iv no interest in cloudy dream, balko des flos or sub lieutenant what so ever. They've all no chance of winning.

I can't see how none of yorkhill, djakadam, min, douvan really don't. 1 has to go here. The problems are very likable as is in de sceaux but I can't be having them not take him on.
          Douvan would be immediate fav. He wont be for the qmcc.
          Last edited by Scooby91; 9 March 2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

He would be one that interests me but I see your case. There's deffinately 7 to come out.
            Just had 2pts e/way for place money really. Genuinely can see it being a 5 horse race, LOL!

Being by Brian Boru the softer the better for him, and just didn't quite reach UDS last season, but his form is as solid as Balko Des Flos yet is almost 4 times the price, you could even argue that BDF's chase form on anything worse than 'Good' is actually below that of SL.
            Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 9 March 2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Definitely a bombshell coming over the weekend... Yorkhill really is the obvious one to send here, Douvan will only run at Cheltenham if in top form, and if in top form he’ll surely be taking on Altior, I don’t think they reckon Min can beat him. So where does Min go? Champion Chase probable, Champion Hurdle would really mix things up

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Just had 2pts e/way for place money really. Genuinely can see it being a 5 horse race, LOL!

Being by Brian Boru the softer the better for him, and just didn't quite reach UDS last season, but his form is as solid as Balko Des Flos yet is almost 4 times the price, you could even argue that BDF's chase form on anything worse than 'Good' is actually below that of SL.
                I mis typed that. He WOULDNT be one that interests me. But i see your place angle. I'd want to be backing something ew than can win though.

Comment

I mis typed that. He WOULDNT be one that interests me. But i see your place angle. I'd want to be backing something ew than can win though.
                  That's OK, I got what you meant to put haha.

The thing is I think UDS wins on soft ground and the only one I can see him causing him a problem is SL, who only has 1 1/2 lengths to make up from last season on ground he'll surely enjoy a lot more. The place angle is purely a minimum with the potential for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                    Definitely a bombshell coming over the weekend... Yorkhill really is the obvious one to send here, Douvan will only run at Cheltenham if in top form, and if in top form he’ll surely be taking on Altior, I don’t think they reckon Min can beat him. So where does Min go? Champion Chase probable, Champion Hurdle would really mix things up
                    I cant see min here. Altior is too good to send douvan to the qmcc. . They'd want to keep the hype train rolling. Use the gold cup next year as an excuse maybe. one has to come here. I'm not sure which one. But luckily there all over priced. And only 1 will join uds.

Comment

I cant see min here. Altior is too good to send douvan to the qmcc. . They'd want to keep the hype train rolling. Use the gold cup next year as an excuse maybe. one has to come here. I'm not sure which one. But luckily there all over priced. And only 1 will join uds.
                      Un De Sceaux, Cue Card and whichever 1 they send this way would be my three to fill the places here. Sunday decs the first clue with champion hurdle

Comment

Yorkhill
                        Douvan
                        Djakadam
                        Min

In that order of liklihood

Yorkhill they did already say would be a good back-upo to UDS in the Ryanair?
                        Douvan goes off fav. I made that case for him mooooooooonths ago.
                        Djakadam I think goes Gold Cup however I also made the case for him at this trip....
                        Min - Least likely...and I've got him in a NRNB double with Douvan CC which is the only way he'd run here?

Comment

Un De Sceaux, Cue Card and whichever 1 they send this way would be my three to fill the places here. Sunday decs the first clue with champion hurdle

Or L’ami Serge as my wildcard

Comment

Or L’ami Serge as my wildcard

If you can't get ahead of Wakanda in a handicap chase, you can't win a Ryanair

Comment

Yorkhill
                              Douvan
                              Djakadam
                              Min

In that order of liklihood

Yorkhill they did already say would be a good back-upo to UDS in the Ryanair?
                              Douvan goes off fav. I made that case for him mooooooooonths ago.
                              Djakadam I think goes Gold Cup however I also made the case for him at this trip....
                              Min - Least likely...and I've got him in a NRNB double with Douvan CC which is the only way he'd run here?
                              Tbh I can't see for sure which is the one. But there's no way I can believe one of them dosent go. Joe chambers or ricci must be looking at that race now. And wylie seems to be impartial and trust Willie to do whats best. I couldn't see him pushing for it.

Comment

https://www.racingpost.com/results/1...8-01-27/691728

If you can't get ahead of Wakanda in a handicap chase, you can't win a Ryanair
                                He travelled great in that race.. just given too much to do. Have always really rated him, doesn’t win as much as he should but no way is he a 40/1 shot

Comment

Working...
                                X