Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'd be crushed haha
    Me Too, I would be weeping that I didn't have another 5 pts e/w on Min @ 8s in October lol

Comment

• Is the Min Arkle Altior Champion chase double a suitable hedge for those with 5/1 Altior slips ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
        Is the Min Arkle Altior Champion chase double a suitable hedge for those with 5/1 Altior slips ?
        If you're worried about him (Altior) going CC then that's a great bet for the nerves.

I really cannot see Altior going anywhere bar the Arkle myself. He'll hopefully hack up in the Game Spirit for his final prep but I don't see that having any bearing or adding any persuasion for Nicky to send him to take on Douvan. He could beat older horses by 20+ lengths but that wouldn't really tell us anything about his Champion Chase chances. It comes down to a match bet of whether Henderson would want to / thinks he could beat Douvan.

Injury to Douvan aside it'll be the Arkle for Altior i'm 100% sure

p.s I would be crushed if Altior doesn't go Arkle though
        Last edited by jono; 11 January 2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• If Douvan fails to turn up in the Champion Chase, then Min would probably be rerouted and you would end up with Altior v Min again. Unless VV Mag is used as the super sub.

Comment

• It probably is OV but having listened to Hendo I'm not worried unless douvan came out and I'm not planning for such an event....

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanilla View Post
              If Douvan fails to turn up in the Champion Chase, then Min would probably be rerouted and you would end up with Altior v Min again. Unless VV Mag is used as the super sub.
              VVM, Black Hercules, Champagne Fever, Yorkhill ahead of Min in the pecking order for me .... hope we don't need to find out!

Comment

• PP 20/1 God's Own NRNB ... can't refuse that now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  PP 20/1 God's Own NRNB ... can't refuse that now.
                  What price is he without Douvan? He was 9s last I looked

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                    What price is he without Douvan? He was 9s last I looked
                    God's Own 7's w/o Douvan

Comment

• Very nice price

Comment

• Pricewise has appar taken Tell us More for this in tomorrows paper at 66/1. The man has lost his marbles

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                          Pricewise has appar taken Tell us More for this in tomorrows paper at 66/1. The man has lost his marbles
                          Wow that'll be an interesting read (never read them, actually might to see what the angle is?)

Comment

• Baffled to be honest. Will give it a read tomorrow but i cant be having this one

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                              Pricewise has appar taken Tell us More for this in tomorrows paper at 66/1. The man has lost his marbles
                              Don't forget this horse was highly thought of in the winter leading up to the 2015 Supreme with quotes like "he is built to be a chaser". You could see the real TUM now in different hands and with more tlc. Who knows, only time will tell.
                              Last edited by loveracing; 17 January 2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• UDS is 8s NRNB with 365. Ill take on pricewise with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X