• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Win Today & Festival

Myretown was one of my very early 'Under The Radar' horses, back in October.

I'm not sure I'd want to be backing him for the NHC, I see one of the shorter handicaps being an option, whether the Ultima, or even the Plate, however, he would require one more run after today to qualify for them, plus a hike in the weights to get in.

I'm expecting this trip, off this weight, to be a big help and, although a competitive enough field, do think 9/2 about him for today is a cracking price.

Fancy a Lucinda each way double in the opening 2 races myself!
 
  • Like
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
Would have to agree this is a decent cover bet for those who don't have him. I hesitate to say good as I expect Jonbon to beat him on Saturday and I'm not sure if a bet I expect to be a loser can be a good bet? Can it be a good cover bet in that situation? :indecisiveness:

Aye, this was my problem with the bet. I wouldn't back the first leg at 2/1, so can it really be good value :biggrin-new: I think mathematically it works though and I've convinced myself I'm happy with that...

If he beats the 2/1 fav for the champion chase then he likely goes that sort of price himself.

Istabraq I don't like to guess the weather but there has been plenty of 'soft' ground champion chases recently. I agree he'd prefer it that way. But so would Gaelic Warrior. And I'm not sure there's much else for the race (if he's already put Jonbon away). Although I'd be trying to find something else on the day :emmersed:


​​​​​​
 
I agree that's a price you can play, I'm just worried that he needs bottomless ground to be seen at his best and unless anyone has a reliable 8 week forecast it's a total guess up.
It it were to be good to soft on champion chase Wednesday I couldn't have a bean on him...

Agree Ista. Will need it deep and if it is then Gaelic beats him anyway.

Can't see him beating Jonbon on that ground tomorrow so more than happy to leave him alone. IMO he'd be the best of Willies to step up to the Ryanair but connections appear to have other ideas. Maybe if he gets hammered tomorrow then they'll have a rethink.
 
….PP;

Jonbon & CC 11/4
Kargese & MH 9/2
Lulamba & TH 5-1
Energumene & CC 9-1
Mondo & TH 40-1
YWIW & MC 66-1
Caldwell & Ark 66-1
Derryhassen Paddy & AB 100-1

Note; Derryhassen Paddy 100-1 365 AB.
 
Last edited:
….PP;

Jonbon & CC 11/4
Kargese & MH 9/2
Lulamba & TH 5-1
Energumene & CC 9-1
Mondo & TH 40-1
YWIW & MC 66-1
Caldwell & Ark 66-1
Derryhassen Paddy & AB 100-1

Note; Derryhassen Paddy 100-1 365 AB.

Thanks for the DP prompt Eggs :eagerness:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Fancy a Lucinda each way double in the opening 2 races myself!

That was painful.

Still feel like he had every chance until he decided to run through the fence rather than jump it!

Hope both are OK though. Derek was still down, last time I saw.
 
That was painful.

Still feel like he had every chance until he decided to run through the fence rather than jump it!

Hope both are OK though. Derek was still down, last time I saw.

Indeed! He was going some pace into it!

thought Derek could have taken a pull a little.
 
….Hills Saturday;

Lulamba & TH + Kargese & MH 33-1
Lulamba & TH + Jonbon & CC 20-1
Lulamba & TH + Energ & CC 66-1
Kargese & MH + Jonbon & CC 20-1
Kargese & MH + Energ & CC 66-1

Lulamba & TH 11/2
Mondo & TH 40-1
Kargese & MH 11/2
Royal Infantry & Sup 40-1
Jonbon & CC 3-1
Energ & CC 12-1
Edward & CC 150-1
Boothill & CC 250-1

Ante-post rules apply.


….update;

Mondo & TH 33-1 (from 40-1)

Note; still 40-1 PP.
 
Last edited:
…..Hills added;

Ballygunner & Sup 50-1; Turn 40-1
Casheldale & Sup 100-1
Take no Chance & MNH 100-1
Royal Pag & GC 80-1
Eachtotheirown & CB 40-1
Sine Qua Non & CB 50-1
 
…PP;

Jonbon & CC 11/4
Kargese & MH 9/2
Lulamba & TH 6-1
Energ & CC 9=1
Mondo & TH 33-1 (from 40-1)
Sine Qua & CB 50-1
 
…Hills Sunday;

Jingko & JR Nov Ch 20-1
Johnnywho & Ult 33-1
Jubilee Alpha & MNH 16-1
Khrisma & MNH 20-1
Only by Night & MC 14-1
Spindleberry & MC 28-1
Nara & MC 80-1
Blood Destiny & Ry 80-1
Dejo & Ry 40-1
Protektorat & Ry 40-1
JWM & Ry 150-1
Ahoy & Ry 150-1
 
….Hills update;

Mondo & TH 22-1 (from 33-1)
 
…PP;

Lulamba TH/Ark 20-1 (from 66-1): TH/CH 33-1
 
Donnellys could have their own Arkle next year. Interesting to see how they all do this season and how they get spread out.
 
….PP;

Jubilee Alpha & MNH 14-1
 
…Hills Sunday;

Jingko & JR Nov Ch 20-1
Johnnywho & Ult 33-1
Jubilee Alpha & MNH 16-1
Khrisma & MNH 20-1
Only by Night & MC 14-1
Spindleberry & MC 28-1
Nara & MC 80-1
Blood Destiny & Ry 80-1
Dejo & Ry 40-1
Protektorat & Ry 40-1
JWM & Ry 150-1
Ahoy & Ry 150-1


…update;

Inn at the Park & AB 40-1
Spindleberry & MC 33-1 (from 28-1)
Protektorat & Ry 33-1 (from 40-1)
 
I had a bet on the spindleberry wtaf before only by night was a NR will there be a deduction?