• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

this week's entries

5 declared (from 5 trainers) in the 2M chase at Naas. Looks like Mullins/Elliot one each. 8 in the Lawlors. Got to be looking dodgy with the forecast for the next few days..
 
5 declared (from 5 trainers) in the 2M chase at Naas. Looks like Mullins/Elliot one each. 8 in the Lawlors. Got to be looking dodgy with the forecast for the next few days..


….weather forecast in UK looks very bad as far as this weekends racing is concerned.
 
Banter At The Bar is declared to run at Naas on Sunday in the 2m maiden. He was also entered in the 3m maiden at Cork which was the option I thought he would have taken up. I've got him down as a stayer so: 2m + Silks + Mouse = unlikely winner on Sunday.

I'll keep an eye on the future though as he put in a decent performance in his point and there has been some form from the horses in behind. He's got a nice page too but likely a slow burner with Mouse.
 
Great name for a horse. Can see everyone punting him just because of that.
 
I think 25/1 about Supersundae for the Lawlors is a big price. Like Salvator, one Willie deliberately threw into a Grade One FTO before waiting for the new season to lose his maiden tag. Willie said he wanted further. He looks like a stayer with a touch of class. I’d say the Lawlors suits a stayer more than say the Ballymore.

Patrick is on board which might not be a positive, but does indicate that he’s the yards second choice. I’ve played ew.
 
I think 25/1 about Supersundae for the Lawlors is a big price. Like Salvator, one Willie deliberately threw into a Grade One FTO before waiting for the new season to lose his maiden tag. Willie said he wanted further. He looks like a stayer with a touch of class. I’d say the Lawlors suits a stayer more than say the Ballymore.

Patrick is on board which might not be a positive, but does indicate that he’s the yards second choice. I’ve played ew.

Yeah, I can see there being a shock result.
 
I think 25/1 about Supersundae for the Lawlors is a big price. Like Salvator, one Willie deliberately threw into a Grade One FTO before waiting for the new season to lose his maiden tag. Willie said he wanted further. He looks like a stayer with a touch of class. I’d say the Lawlors suits a stayer more than say the Ballymore.

Patrick is on board which might not be a positive, but does indicate that he’s the yards second choice. I’ve played ew.

Five.Knuckle.Shuffle.

If they go a decent clip then he'll relish the finish at Naas again and I'd be hopeful he's contesting the finish. You could argue Butch Cassidy should beat him again but The Shuffler was tenderly ridden that day. Very competitive race though and any of the front four could take this and wouldn't surprise me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
….weather forecast in UK looks very bad as far as this weekends racing is concerned.

Looking like no jump racing for 2-3 days. Cork looks a better prospect on Saturday than Naas on Sunday if the forecast snow arrives, but the freezing temperatures may put an end to Cork's hopes too. UK looking similar
.

​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Five.Knuckle.Shuffle.

If they go a decent clip then he'll relish the finish at Naas again and I'd be hopeful he's contesting the finish. You could argue Butch Cassidy should beat him again but The Shuffler was tenderly ridden that day. Very competitive race though and any of the front four could take this and wouldn't surprise me.

Ground could be very testing if it's on. Could turn into a proper slog.
 
Doubt Naas will be on.

Supersundae I expect to be ridden conservatively and they'll go to a handicap with him.

JDV will take all the beating if he's improved his jumping even a small bit. If it's on I might lay The Yellow Clay for a place.
 
Five.Knuckle.Shuffle.

If they go a decent clip then he'll relish the finish at Naas again and I'd be hopeful he's contesting the finish. You could argue Butch Cassidy should beat him again but The Shuffler was tenderly ridden that day. Very competitive race though and any of the front four could take this and wouldn't surprise me.

That form is puzzling me. Butch Cassidy looked very good, but can’t help but feel Shuffle was given the classic JP educational ride as you say. And Sermandzarak did nothing for the form LTO, although he clearly didn’t run his race.

Whilst I like JDV’s form to an extent, at 6/4 he’s one I’m definitely keen to take on.
 
Maiden Hurdle 2m 1f
Kiss Will (Paul) is having his first run for us and it is also his hurdling debut. He was second in a flat AQPS race in France and we have been happy with his jumping at home. He works very well and we are looking forward to getting him out on the track.

Maiden Hurdle 3 Miles

Jump Allen (Paul) was fifth in a maiden hurdle over 2m 3f at Clonmel last month. He jumps well and he has always looked like he needs three miles. We are expecting that the trip will bring about the required improvement and we are hopeful that he will get off the mark over hurdles today.

Mares Bumper 2 Miles

Introversio (Patrick) makes her racecourse debut. She is going well enough at home to be very competitive in a mares race like this.
 
The lanzarote hurdle at kempton has some very intriguing entries.
minella missile could return from over a year off the track after looking a potentially smart novice last season.
But the one who really takes my eye is west balboa.
Back down to a mark of 138 over hurdles, she was starting the grade 1 long walk hurdle 3/1 favourite a little over a year ago.
she wasn't quite up to that grade over 3miles and the 3 mile handicap at the aintree festival which she had previously won was targeted with her next 2 runs being well below form without Harry Skelton on board, she went off 11/4 fav at Aintree finished 3rd to a stable mate off 141.

They tried chasing with her this season, with Harry Skelton on board for her 2 chase starts, it didn't go to plan, she wasn't great.

So I believe a plan was to target another race which she has won before, the lanzarote. Cue 2 quick, below form runs without her regular partner Harry.

I couldn't believe bet365 opened at 25/1, as short as 10/1 with hills.
of course she might not run but I think that is a price that's well worth the risk.
 
Last edited:
The lanzarote hurdle at kempton has some very intriguing entries.
minella missile could return from over a year off the track after looking a potentially smart novice last season.
But the one who really takes my eye is west balboa.
Back down to a mark of 138 over hurdles, she was starting the grade 1 long walk hurdle 3/1 favourite a little over a year ago.
she wasn't quite up to that grade over 3miles and the 3 mile handicap at the aintree festival which she had previously won was targeted with her next 2 runs being well below form without Harry Skelton on board, she went off 11/4 fav at Aintree finished 3rd to a stable mate off 141.

They tried chasing with her this season, with Harry Skelton on board for her 2 chase starts, it didn't go to plan, she wasn't great.

So I believe a plan was to target another race which she has won before, the lanzarote. Cue 2 quick, below form runs without her regular partner Harry.

I couldn't believe bet365 opened at 25/1, as short as 10/1 with hills.
of course she might not run but I think that is a price that's well worth the risk.

I was on Red Risk
 
I see Clonmel (Munster Hurdle) is off on Thursday. Might boost numbers in the Moscow Flyer..
 
I see Clonmel (Munster Hurdle) is off on Thursday. Might boost numbers in the Moscow Flyer..

Will they run the Munster elsewhere??
 
Clonmel and Cork rescheduled for next Wednesday and Friday respectively

Both too close to DRF for any new novices to show their hand I'd guess?
 
The lanzarote hurdle at kempton has some very intriguing entries.
minella missile could return from over a year off the track after looking a potentially smart novice last season.
But the one who really takes my eye is west balboa.
Back down to a mark of 138 over hurdles, she was starting the grade 1 long walk hurdle 3/1 favourite a little over a year ago.
she wasn't quite up to that grade over 3miles and the 3 mile handicap at the aintree festival which she had previously won was targeted with her next 2 runs being well below form without Harry Skelton on board, she went off 11/4 fav at Aintree finished 3rd to a stable mate off 141.

They tried chasing with her this season, with Harry Skelton on board for her 2 chase starts, it didn't go to plan, she wasn't great.

So I believe a plan was to target another race which she has won before, the lanzarote. Cue 2 quick, below form runs without her regular partner Harry.

I couldn't believe bet365 opened at 25/1, as short as 10/1 with hills.
of course she might not run but I think that is a price that's well worth the risk.

The gamble appears to be on :barbershop_quartet_member: