• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

That depends on whether you agree 100% with the Betfair prices!

Took the 4/5 with Skybet on an Irish 1-2-3 in 3+ races this morning.
Cut to 4/6 but still great value at that.
Mares Novice and Bumper could very likely mean you only need one more and plenty of candidates for that!

Forced them into 1/2 now. Got 'em worried :welcoming:
Still a small bit value mind!
 
Specials, request a bet, cheltenham 22 request a bet, trainer specials

Its within here

Best all in prices with the books make him an 8/13 chance to win the Mares Nov Hrdle (assuming 4 lowest priced runners) and just over 11/8 to win the Mares Chase (Concertista and Elimay). This gives a 3/1 double.

On the Exchanges he is an even money chance to win the Mares Nov Hurdle and just under 7/4 to win the Mares Chase which gives a 4.3/1 double (if you could do it).

Its possible that he could run more than 4 and 2 respectively which would increase his chances (or less conversely) but 3/1 looks ok if you want to do the double.
 
Just as an aside here for anyone looking at the Sky requestabets ‘Ireland to have a 1,2,3’ in 3 races, 4 races and more etc - it’s very much worth noting that even with Ireland’s absolute dominance at the festival last year, they still only managed the “1,2,3” in just 4 races. Yes, and I was very surprised too.

The reason I bring it up is I made the initial enquiry, and the opening offer was 6/4, which I believed (before I actually looked at the evidence from last year….) was exceptional value, and put my money on accordingly.

So though that 6/4 is now 1/2, still be very aware that although the proliferation of very good Irish horses that look likely to place looks attractive, a UK horse still placed in 24 races last year.
 
Now seems as good a time as any to make my first post (long time lurker). Under trainer specials they have Mullins or Henderson to win the supreme at 4/6. Seems to be very good value to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Benjy23 and Kevloaf
Now seems as good a time as any to make my first post (long time lurker). Under trainer specials they have Mullins or Henderson to win the supreme at 4/6. Seems to be very good value to me.

I guess Mighty Potter is the only real danger to this losing.
 
Now seems as good a time as any to make my first post (long time lurker). Under trainer specials they have Mullins or Henderson to win the supreme at 4/6. Seems to be very good value to me.

Where are the trainer specials on skybet?
 
Now seems as good a time as any to make my first post (long time lurker). Under trainer specials they have Mullins or Henderson to win the supreme at 4/6. Seems to be very good value to me.

If both Henderson horses do turn up, along with SG or DD, that has to be a superb bet.

A bit risky of course, as they need to get there or it's not great value... but even then, it's still 'live'!
 
Aye, it's a great price isn't it. Even when Mullins takes one out it'll be replaced in the top 4 in the betting by one of his others won't it. I'm in.
 
If both Henderson horses do turn up, along with SG or DD, that has to be a superb bet.

A bit risky of course, as they need to get there or it's not great value... but even then, it's still 'live'!

Agreed. I mean I think even with an unfortunate injury or 2 it still probably wouldn’t be bad value either, just maybe not as great as it looks currently. Looking at the exchange now you can back any non-Mullins/hendo horse at 70s+ apart from pied piper (be amazed if he goes there) and mighty potter. So it would take a fair turn of events for that 4/6 not to represent value on the day.
 
Agreed. I mean I think even with an unfortunate injury or 2 it still probably wouldn’t be bad value either, just maybe not as great as it looks currently. Looking at the exchange now you can back any non-Mullins/hendo horse at 70s+ apart from pied piper (be amazed if he goes there) and mighty potter. So it would take a fair turn of events for that 4/6 not to represent value on the day.

Yeah, I agree. I've gone in again already :loyal:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cooky
4/6 to cover JonBon,Constitutional Hill, and at least 2 of Sir G,Kilcruit, Dysart D, State Man looks exceptional value.

To have a price of 4/6 to cover potentially the top 4 in a grade 1 race, even more so with the historic trends of the two trainers - looks to be the ‘4/6 value of the festival’.

Surely?
 
Think it's been taken down now. Bugger. Could pile in then cover the 3 or 4 minor chances on the exchange for an outlay of pennies.
 
Been changed to 2/5 now, congrats to anyone that got on at 4/6 great spot.
 
Shame these never last :glee:
 
I think with that 4/6 (now 2/5) on the ‘Mullins/Henderson Supreme win’, the key thing was to compare it with the 4/6 Dysart Dynamo or Sir Gerhard only to win Ballymore.

The former bet allowed full coverage of any/every Mullins/Henderson runner on the day (likely to be minimum 4 horses, and 4 horses at the top of the market too). Coupled with the fact the two trainers have a plethora of Supreme wins behind them, the price offered was totally wrong…….in favour of the punter.

The 4/6 lasted for 2 hours only. I hope the trader who put that up ends up in the naughty boy room.

I feel come 1.35 on the Tuesday, he might well be.