• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

Not one for me, but...

HDB to train winner of Gold Cup, Willie to train winners of Arkle and Mares Chase at 9/1 doesn't seem that bad a price tbh

It's in the National Hunt RequestABets section for anyone interested.
 
….Sky have put up their ‘Road to Cheltenham’ offers based on this weekends winners:

Honey & Jonbon win a/r 6-1
Jonbon win (a/r) & Fil Dor (TH) place 6-1
Fil Dor win, Honey & Jonbon place a/r 11-1
Elle est Belle & Honey win a/r 12-1
Honey (CH) & Fil Dor (TH) win & Ahoy Senor a/r place 25-1
Fil Dor, Honey, Jonbon win a/r 40-1
Ahoy Senor (a/r), Honey (CH), Fil Dor (TH) to win 80-1
Ahoy Senor, Beacon Edge & Honey win a/r 125-1
 
Last edited:
….Sky have put up their ‘Road to Cheltenham’ offers based on this weekends winners:

Honey & Jonbon win a/r 6-1
Jonbon (a/r) & Fil Dor (TH) both place 6-1
Fil Dor win, Honey & Jonbon place 11-1
Elle est Belle & Honey win a/r 12-1
Honey & Fil Dor win & Ahoy Senor place 25-1
Fil Dor, Honey, Jonbon win a/r 40-1
Ahoy Senor (a/r), Honey (CH), Fil Dor (TH) to win 80-1
Ahoy Senor, Beacon Edge & Honey win a/r 125-1

The 2nd one is Jonbon to win! Sounded to good to be true ha!
 
Is it me being really stupid or are the Cheltenham RAB’s not up on Sky at the moment???
 
Is it me being really stupid or are the Cheltenham RAB’s not up on Sky at the moment???


….they’re not there at the mo. They often take them down just before racing starts & results might impact some offers or to refresh the pages with new odds. I expect it’ll be up again soon.
 
Makes sense. I’m in no rush, just thought I was being blind!
 
I’ve done the 80/1 Honeysuckle, Shishkin & Saint Felicien (County).

Makes Saint Felicien a 17/1 shot according to my rudimentary maths, and he’ll probably be half that or less on the day if he comes here.

Just need to hope that neither of the other two let me down on the way!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
….Facile Vega to win the CB & then a/r at the following Festival is 66-1 with Sky.

One that will either look very good or very bad after we see him run.
 
….Facile Vega to win the CB & then a/r at the following Festival is 66-1 with Sky.

One that will either look very good or very bad after we see him run.


….50-1 now.
 
20/1 to win the Champion Bumper now. So that'd make him under 6/4 to win any race after that... Sounds quite short to me. Think I'd rather just have the bumper bet. But any idea what sort of price Sir Gerhard any race was, between Champion bumper and Punchestown at least?
 
20/1 to win the Champion Bumper now. So that'd make him under 6/4 to win any race after that... Sounds quite short to me. Think I'd rather just have the bumper bet. But any idea what sort of price Sir Gerhard any race was, between Champion bumper and Punchestown at least?


….just checked my book, I have a ‘SG to win CB & a/r at following festival’ @ 33-1, placed with Sky in January of this year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
20/1 to win the Champion Bumper now. So that'd make him under 6/4 to win any race after that... Sounds quite short to me. Think I'd rather just have the bumper bet. But any idea what sort of price Sir Gerhard any race was, between Champion bumper and Punchestown at least?

Yep.

Take the 20/1 now and if he wins then you'll get much more than 6/4 for Any Race.
 
Backers most likely already invested in bumper single. I wouldn't see it as '6/4' any race next year, more like 66/1 / 50/1 any race.

I suppose its how you perceive it. I'd like to see a entry though! Haha
 
….just checked my book, I have a ‘SG to win CB & a/r at following festival’ @ 33-1, placed with Sky in January of this year.

I'm on the same Eggs. Have it at 33s and 28s. I have seen someone with SG to win the Bumper and Supreme and also SG Bumper and Ballymore at 100/1. Must have got that on very early last season!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
As a comparison, American Mike is 16/1 to win Champion Bumper 2022 and any race 2023. That's a much fairer price based on their current Bumper prices... Making the any race 2023 part nearer 3/1 for AM than the c. 6/4 about FV.

Neither bet is for me at this stage to be honest. But an interesting comparison for the value of the double imo.


​​​​​​Don't recall what price SG was in just the bumper (in Jan 2021)
​​​but those above bets from last year would potentially seem much better value at the time? Guessing he was around 5s or lower, having already won a listed bumper.
 
Last edited:
As a comparison, American Mike is 16/1 to win Champion Bumper 2022 and any race 2023. That's a much fairer price based on their current Bumper prices... Making the any race 2023 part nearer 3/1 for AM than the c. 6/4 about FV.

Neither bet is for me at this stage to be honest. But an interesting comparison for the value of the double imo.


​​​​​​Don't recall what price SG was in just the bumper (in Jan 2021)
​​​but those above bets from last year would potentially seem much better value at the time? Guessing he was around 5s or lower, having already won a listed bumper.


….as highlighted on here, that American Mike bet was 33-1 last month so it’s had a severe haircut in the last few weeks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Benjy23
That makes the FV bet look even worse value! But would have maybe been a way to get American Mike on side somewhat. As his bumper price is currently untouchable imo. Shame I wasn't around for that one!
 
I'm on the same Eggs. Have it at 33s and 28s. I have seen someone with SG to win the Bumper and Supreme and also SG Bumper and Ballymore at 100/1. Must have got that on very early last season!

I’ve got a ?5 slip for SG to run the Champ Bumper and AR at the festival which I placed on the 31st October, just after his debut under rules. (I only mention the stake as its small stuff and didn’t want to seem aftertimey)
I’ve never seen American Mike anything like those kind of prices.