• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2020

He’s going to go a decent price in running isn’t he? Then absolutely power up the hill
 
Hes going to be closing all the way to the line but will def8 and CPS have flown by then? My feelings are Min would have probably beaten that lot easier than what Altior just did?

I'm not sure Defi will be there before Altior?

Barry will have got the ride wrong if that happens?
 
Nice to see the head very low to the ground again, shows there's still a lot of hunger in him.
 
I'm not sure Defi will be there before Altior?

Barry will have got the ride wrong if that happens?

I think he will hit the flat spot and defi wont then be tracking Altior hes going to have to chase CPS..
 
Typical/Classic Altior performance, looked like he was struggling 2 out, scruffy final jump at the last and hits the millennium falcon turbo and accelerates in the last 100 yards. If he replicates that run on March 11th I think he wins.....just!! His acceleration is incredible
 
Best prices 8th Feb

2/1 - Defi Du Seuil
9/4 - Altior
3/1 - Chacun Pour Soi


Interesting to see what day of race prices are :)

I hope they all line up.... I am so excited.



**Altior best price 9/4, oddschecker showing 11/4 but it's not there.
 
Last edited:
Altior of old there - jumps the last level or slightly behind and just powers away.

He’s my favourite for the race - I would be moving Defi up if I wanted the best chance of a win personally.
 
I think he will hit the flat spot and defi wont then be tracking Altior hes going to have to chase CPS..

If Altior hits a flat spot, Defi could end up ahead of him.



I think they'll both want to use each other as the target!



Both stalking CPS up towards the last.



Oh my God I'm getting palpitations just thinking about it.
 
Decent comeback run winning in a style he always does. I just think he’ll be taken off his feet this year. Defi and Chacan are in a completely different league to Sceau Royal and Politilogue
 
I just think that if Altior hits a flat spot it'll be over by the time he's out of it
 
This would be a class renewal if Defi, Altior and Chacun lined up.

Looking at some poor past renewals, plus some one-sided odds on dominations, this could be a true Champion Chase for the ages.

2017 1-2-3) Special Tiara - Fox Norton - Sire Valentino
2014 1-2-3) Sire De Grugy - Somersby - Module
 
I just think that if Altior hits a flat spot it'll be over by the time he's out of it

Will depend on how close he is. If Altior is within striking distance then based on the DRF I can’t see CPS jumping the last and then out battling Altior up the hill. Cheltenham will be much harder for CPS than the DRF and I’m pretty sure Min was coming back at him
 
Will depend on how close he is. If Altior is within striking distance then based on the DRF I can’t see CPS jumping the last and then out battling Altior up the hill. Cheltenham will be much harder for CPS than the DRF and I’m pretty sure Min was coming back at him

I thought the same until I watched that video posted yesterday talking about BDD. After that Ruby broke down the CPS/Min race, which was very interesting. Think he said that PT thought CPS was idling on the run in, and then about CPS didn't look like a very tired horse.


10m 20 on.
 
Hes going to be closing all the way to the line but will defi and CPS have flown by then? My feelings are Min would have probably beaten that lot easier than what Altior just did?

If min has ever come close to beating altior id agree with you, but hed of got put to bed there by altior if he was in this race today, defi and chacun need to be a good way from altior coming home or hell smash them to bits coming up the hill
 
If min has ever come close to beating altior id agree with you, but hed of got put to bed there by altior if he was in this race today, defi and chacun need to be a good way from altior coming home or hell smash them to bits coming up the hill

The issue I have with altior is the riding tactics.
His best two furlongs are the last one, and the furlong after the finishing line. :devilish:

If Nico waits too long again he's eventually gonna come a cropper. They're wasting a pretty strong finishing burst that he can sustain for longer than he is being allowed. He will need to go as they come down the hill and keep going.

The stronger pace that is likely in the champion may help him.
 
If min has ever come close to beating altior id agree with you, but hed of got put to bed there by altior if he was in this race today, defi and chacun need to be a good way from altior coming home or hell smash them to bits coming up the hill

I never said he would have beaten Altior there..
 
The issue I have with altior is the riding tactics.
His best two furlongs are the last one, and the furlong after the finishing line. :devilish:

If Nico waits too long again he's eventually gonna come a cropper. They're wasting a pretty strong finishing burst that he can sustain for longer than he is being allowed. He will need to go as they come down the hill and keep going.

The stronger pace that is likely in the champion may help him.

Should just boot him on a furlong earlier, like you say. Once the animal gets going it flies, and it's not like they're trying to Phoenix Way him into a handicap.