• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Mares Novice Hurdle 2020

Her price is a joke. You cant forget the opp. Her only opposition was a NR, the rest of the field were awful.

Yeah of course the opposition matters.... but just on face value, the speed she picks up is to me quite striking
Someone mentioned it the other week on here so have a small amount at the 33s but yes 12s is beyond a joke
 
It’s still a fairly new race but the British mares have a poor record in this race since it inauguration and after backing a number of short priced mares from powerful British yards for the past 3 years I’m only backing Irish mares this year.
 
I thought that would be the case last Festival with Epatante and Posh Trish along with a number of other backed British Mares and they didn’t even place so given the horses leading the current market I don’t expect any records being broken this festival
 
....Henderson has an Irish import called My Whirlwind that features in the market for this but it hasn’t had an entry as yet.
 
She’s in my tracker as I saw her at the sales and she looked beautiful.

However, also in the market for the bumper
 
Lamarckise fairly big on the exchanges anyone heard anything?
 
Think it was discussed at length a few days ago that some think shes had a bit of an injury. Scooby contacted someone connected with the horse who said she is grand.
 
2m 2 Mares Maiden hurdle on the fairyhouse card on friday and one on the monday at punchestown where Willie sent Elfie last year then straight onto cheltenham. Hopefully Lamarckise makes an appearance.
 
Dolcita form given big boost in first race at Clonmel today.
 
Lamarckise fairly big on the exchanges anyone heard anything?

Not heard anything , but like you I am starting to get that uneasy feeling.

With that in mind Marias Rock ive lumped on 8/1 , her speed is breathtaking to the eye , goes on soft going which for one of Hendersons is rare.
 
Lol !! Huge drift !!

I deffinately wouldnt cash her.


But in all reality I'm surprised shes not a lot bigger than the price she is, with the books and the exchange. No entries, mullins mentioned her positively just the once, all the way back at the start of the season. not a mention or entry since. Stable mates have all come out and won. Yet lamarckise priced so short.
 
I deffinately wouldnt cash her.


But in all reality I'm surprised shes not a lot bigger than the price she is, with the books and the exchange. No entries, mullins mentioned her positively just the once, all the way back at the start of the season. not a mention or entry since. Stable mates have all come out and won. Yet lamarckise priced so short.

I can't cash her so hoping she is ok. We'll need to see her in the next 3/4 weeks though.
 
Not heard anything , but like you I am starting to get that uneasy feeling.

With that in mind Marias Rock ive lumped on 8/1 , her speed is breathtaking to the eye , goes on soft going which for one of Hendersons is rare.

We’ve been here before , if anyone knows it’ll be Scooby and he’s not commented

Apologies Scooby , missed your post
 
Last edited:
We’ve been here before , if anyone knows it’ll be Scooby and he’s not commented

Apologies Scooby , missed your post

I wouldnt mind people saying shes likey out tbh, and her price going through the roof on the exchange. So all rumours are welcome.

But in the real world , expect to see her name in entries in 2 weeks.
 
I deffinately wouldnt cash her.


But in all reality I'm surprised shes not a lot bigger than the price she is, with the books and the exchange. No entries, mullins mentioned her positively just the once, all the way back at the start of the season. not a mention or entry since. Stable mates have all come out and won. Yet lamarckise priced so short.

Plenty on twitter have talked about her too, so i guess she's one of those hyped ones that's price won't be much bigger especially with GI out now.

Hope you're right re the entries.

On a side for this, interesting listed mares event tomorrow. Wouldn't expect any of them to be mares novice types. Elliot's needs further surely.