• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

General Chat

Lulamba at 50s for the Gold Cup after he plods on into second in the Arkle.

I’ve taken this

Shame PP will only allow £25 max :-(

Trying to hedge my Arkle bet on Lulamba, so backed him for KG and GC 27, just in case he’s beaten in the arkle - I can’t see Henderson keeping him over 2 miles if he does win the arkle, l I have a strong feeling they’ll step him up in trip either anyway
 
Just asking on a thought I have had, it may be utter tosh, in which case feel free to voice opinions.

I have zero evidence to support the fact, but does anyone think certain trainers maybe team up, and as an example I mean by one telling the other what they are running in order to get the other trainers horse in at a lower weight etc...?

I can only imagine some are pretty good friends, they must share plenty of thoughts about their own horses, right?
 
If we don’t think it’s ’utter tosh’ can we still offer an opinion? 😂

Gotta be happening I’d say, as whilst it may be a grey area for competition law etc, then it’s a sensible thing to do isn’t it?

Whilst ‘team up’ may not be the right word, what stops a secretary in one stables ringing another to ask what the bosses plans are for certain entries etc and why wouldn’t they be honest as it could be the other way around the following week……
 
  • Like
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
If we don’t think it’s ’utter tosh’ can we still offer an opinion? 😂

Gotta be happening I’d say, as whilst it may be a grey area for competition law etc, then it’s a sensible thing to do isn’t it?

Whilst ‘team up’ may not be the right word, what stops a secretary in one stables ringing another to ask what the bosses plans are for certain entries etc and why wouldn’t they be honest as it could be the other way around the following week……

Haha, of course!

Glad it's not just me that has these thoughts though!
 
The majority talk to each other about their stock, they'll all feel each other out while keeping cards close to their chest, everyone wants to know who they should avoid, do they cut up races/meetings...no, too easy for plans to go wrong for that level of collaboration, even if you know they have one well ahead of their mark, if you're of the same thinking about yours and conditions suit, you go in on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
Anyone been able to work how to fix the 365 odds sorting bug yet ?! JOKE!
Best of luck with their technical dept. I have had a problem for months navigating their site, cashing out problems etc, their technical dept has escalated it and I’m in limbo. Last month at Cheltenham on course I had to give up trying to get with them due to the app freezing constantly. Shame as like the set up otherwise.
 
Best of luck with their technical dept. I have had a problem for months navigating their site, cashing out problems etc, their technical dept has escalated it and I’m in limbo. Last month at Cheltenham on course I had to give up trying to get with them due to the app freezing constantly. Shame as like the set up otherwise.
I get this at home, select horse racing, tells me there are no markets available, then freezes up, usually takes 5 or 10 minutes & 2 or 3 log ins to get a bet on, the app is fine though for me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Killiney
Thanks qvega. I could listen to jane talk about horses all day. She's a joy!
So random one about tomorrow. I basically think crazierthandaisy hacks up at Ascot, pretty sure with a better ride it would have won the last two or 3 races. Strong pace also will help. But I don't think hendo has ever mentioned about a Cheltenham target. Presume no cheltenham target.?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
Josh Stacey is turning into a very polished presenter. Just watched Road to Cheltenham and he did 15-20 minutes at the start of the episode and I thought he was really good.

They should be giving him more oppunities on RTV.
 
Josh Stacey is turning into a very polished presenter. Just watched Road to Cheltenham and he did 15-20 minutes at the start of the episode and I thought he was really good.

They should be giving him more oppunities on RTV.

He's too young in an old man's game...

See above :LOL:
 
Josh Stacey is turning into a very polished presenter. Just watched Road to Cheltenham and he did 15-20 minutes at the start of the episode and I thought he was really good.

They should be giving him more oppunities on RTV.
I think he is good, he is learning on the job, blair-white is a very good analyst also
 
Wonder which Harry Skelton horse will get smashed up..if not aleaady because he is rerouting to ascot maybe?
 
My 365 won't cashout anything in the last 15 mins... This happened to anyone? It just keeps loading when I press cash out
 
My 365 won't cashout anything in the last 15 mins... This happened to anyone? It just keeps loading when I press cash out
B365 been a bit glitchy for me over last few months. I don't use the app, but desktop seems to work better than accessing through mobile site.