D
Deleted member 4957
Guest
Personally, I can’t understand why anyone would want a 5 day festival as I think the quality of the racing has already been diluted too much.i would prefer to see fewer races - 4 days of 6 races would be better.
I don't disagree but the festival is a beast these days and marketing value for a fifth day would be huge, and of course this wouldn't dilute the festival further as they'd simply reduce each day to six races, add the mares chase and the long overdue Veterans chase.
My first full festival (3 days) was 1990, the Gold Cup crowd that day was around 30,000, compare that to where we are now.
And consider the impact an extra day would have on the local economy, but as it doesn't seem to be on the agenda we can ignore this for the time being...