• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Day 3 Chat

What was Heskin doing on Magical Zoe!?

She was definitely beaten by a good horse, but he didn't give that horse a chance coming from the back like that.

Just keep hitting the bar on the big antepost punts, frustrating.

Thursday has been a tale of poor rides in my opinion.

I feel your frustration, Halka Du Tabert does nothing but stay, won impressively by going hard from the front with Jack onboard at Naas, what has davy done on her twice now? Gone no gallop in the solerina and got done for toe and now just hunted around and then tried to make her go by horses coming to the last. Did he not establish at Fairyhouse that you need to go from the front and turn it into a test of stamina?

Don't think I've ever been so frustrated with a days racing tbh. Thank god Adrian Heskin is on Three Card Brag tomorrow :watermelon::boxing:
 
  • Like
Reactions: JamieSensible
Having a wild swing on Defi Bleu and Couer Serein to finish off the day.
 
I feel for Jack Kennedy. Not sure Davy coming back was the best decision. Plenty of very good young jockeys in Ireland.
 
Something very odd going on with the jockey’s rides today. It’s as if they’re afraid of the new whip rules. And some, normally top jockeys, really getting the pace wrong with the conditions.
 
I feel your frustration, Halka Du Tabert does nothing but stay, won impressively by going hard from the front with Jack onboard at Naas, what has davy done on her twice now? Gone no gallop in the solerina and got done for toe and now just hunted around and then tried to make her go by horses coming to the last. Did he not establish at Fairyhouse that you need to go from the front and turn it into a test of stamina?

Don't think I've ever been so frustrated with a days racing tbh. Thank god Adrian Heskin is on Three Card Brag tomorrow :watermelon::boxing:

Yeah I couldn’t believe what Davy was doing holding onto a stayer all the way to the last
 
You'd have to wonder would Jordan Gainford have ridden them any worse.
 
Lord Accord to repay me for not going in the Ultima please
 
Stumptown getting chinned on the line just sums up the day
 
The jockey on angels dawn keeping stumptown in a pocket turning in has won him the race
 
The jockey on angels dawn keeping stumptown in a pocket turning in has won him the race

Yup. Though she kept idling in front and finding when Stumptown came back alongside, so I think she might have had a bit left.
 
Well that was much better for me today after two days of struggle!!
See what tomorrow brings
All going far too quick though:apologetic:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Well two disastrous days on the bounce for me, time to take a break after tomorrow.
 
Well had a great first two days, but today was desperate. Hopefully turns around again tomorrow.
 
Poor day all round for me personally! And the last two days on course the weather has been proper brutal, it’s convinced me not to go tomorrow and watch from home.
 
Wonderful start to the day but couldn't pick my nose after that. It was like I was in a time warp.........we went back about 3 years didn't we??? Envoi, Sire......where did they come from.

Left before the Mares Novice and went into town for a few drinks and a lovely Steak as I knew it wasn't going to be my day. Weather was tough to take as well.

One more day to go. The bookies always have one good day and that was definitely yesterday. Today will be all ours (punters) I can feel it in my damp bones !!!! :eagerness:

Bring it on for one last time!!!
 
I'm keeping my head above water as things stand so not pocket talking, but can't remember a festival with so many bad rides. Seasoned top level pros looking like 10lb claimers at times, if I see another soft lead today with jockeys in behind thinking they're racing in a good ground 1miler sat on Frankel then i'm going to spontaneously combust.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eudipe