• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Albert Bartlett for me FM. Won't be backing him for the Supreme at all (will be adding any race anyway). Can't have him in any way for the Supreme.
 
Predicting the targets for all novices is a total guess up 6 months out but I have to say I was a shade more confident about Envoi Allen's target that I was Samcro's !
 
Looks a stayer to me as well. I was thinking potato race if it wasn't the Ballymore.

My theory (likely to be wrong) is that Envoi Allen will be forced down the Ballymore route in order to avoid the hard slog of the Albert Bartlett this season. The owners aren’t scared to take a shot at tough races as they went the Champion Bumper route last season (which some like to avoid). But I just feel they’ll want to and look after him a bit this season with chasing in mind.
 
In Mark Howard’s book from last year
Envoi Allen quote from Declan Phelan “the bay gelding could be more of a 2m - 2m 4f specialist than a stayer, he has more natural speed than is the norm for ex-pointers”
Malone Road quote from Sam guy “ he will make a viable contender for a future Cheltenham Ballymore Novices Hurdle , and can win a bumper or two this winter. A very loose mover, he is nicely balanced and he may be comfortable operating on soft or good ground”

Doubt this will help in targets but thought I’d put it up
 
In Mark Howard’s book from last year
Envoi Allen quote from Declan Phelan “the bay gelding could be more of a 2m - 2m 4f specialist than a stayer, he has more natural speed than is the norm for ex-pointers”
Malone Road quote from Sam guy “ he will make a viable contender for a future Cheltenham Ballymore Novices Hurdle , and can win a bumper or two this winter. A very loose mover, he is nicely balanced and he may be comfortable operating on soft or good ground”

Doubt this will help in targets but thought I’d put it up

That’s very interesting indeed and shows how even the pros can have differing opinions.
 
Does anyone know when OJA is being sent out, people mentioning this week? Funny little set up, you pay your money and get a confirmation email from the company processing the payment but nothing from MH publications
 
Does anyone know when OJA is being sent out, people mentioning this week? Funny little set up, you pay your money and get a confirmation email from the company processing the payment but nothing from MH publications

Literally just paid myself within the last few seconds! Thought the same.

I've heard Wednesday....
 
He's put few updates on his website in fairness, pretty sure he was getting the books from the printers/publishers today with them being sent out for arrival Wed/Thur.
 
He's put few updates on his website in fairness, pretty sure he was getting the books from the printers/publishers today with them being sent out for arrival Wed/Thur.

Thanks both much appreciated, I'll hang on to this weeks free bets then
 
Had an email back from Mark yesterday saying the book won’t be back from the printers before Wednesday so it’ll probably be Thursday or Friday before we receive it.
 
Looks like there being some update somewhere on horses today. Loads of horses on blue or red in each of the races up so far.
 
Think it's just all the crap bookmakers, all linked I suspect. I will wait until the main lot to be blue/red before I take any notice personally.
 
First copies of Mark Howards excellent One Jump Ahead have been sent out today, so should land tomorrow. Wonder what will be going blue on oddschecker tomorrow!!! It really is worth ordering if you havent already done so, best £10.99 youll spend this year.
https://www.mhpublications.co.uk/publications/
 
First copies of Mark Howards excellent One Jump Ahead have been sent out today, so should land tomorrow. Wonder what will be going blue on oddschecker tomorrow!!! It really is worth ordering if you havent already done so, best £10.99 youll spend this year.
https://www.mhpublications.co.uk/publications/

I was stuck at work when mine arrived last year so I got the Mrs to whatapps me all of the top 40 prospects.

She'll hopefully do the same again tomorrow. :devilish:
 
Have never ordered the book Billy as I usually am too set in my ways to go against what I feel, or at least I was until I became a member on here :highly_amused:

Just wondering, and it's not to dig holes, what Mark's P/L with horses mentioned in the book for the festival have been in recent years?

I do realise it adds value throughout the whole season, but my ultimate goal (for the whole year) is profit at the festival, so intrigued to find out before I decide on making a purchase.
 
Have never ordered the book Billy as I usually am too set in my ways to go against what I feel, or at least I was until I became a member on here :highly_amused:

Just wondering, and it's not to dig holes, what Mark's P/L with horses mentioned in the book for the festival have been in recent years?

I do realise it adds value throughout the whole season, but my ultimate goal (for the whole year) is profit at the festival, so intrigued to find out before I decide on making a purchase.

Would be hard to tell, targets aren't always clear for obvious reasons and a huge difference between price this week and the SP.

I doubt they would bother to use Cheltenham SP as a metric.


In my opinion it's just a really good 'one's to watch' article that goes more in depth and it's by a proven 'judge' who is 'in the know'.

Ultimately, the 40 for me go into the tracker and if he's super bullish about one I might back it.

It's more for enjoyment than finding winners, but also good for highlighting horses that could shorten (but that is a self fulfilling prophecy)
 
Thanks Kev.

I did think it would be difficult to give an answer but on the off chance someone might have already done it really.

Nice to see how you use it as well though.

Interested to know how and why he would be privy to information that say some of the part owners could not get out of a trainer for fear of talking about another owners horse, yet he waltzes in and bam, a books worth :highly_amused:

He clearly does a grand job either way, and am going to purchase it right now.