Whats the point of the Festival?! Bit of a leap there Kev surely?!
You have two great Mares whose best trip is 2m4f and there is a 2m4f Mares race. Perfect. We have a mouthwatering clash, and the first I can remember in this race.
I don't think this discussion would even be happening if Buveur Dair and Saldier, Klassical Dream etc were fit. The problem this year is the 2m Champion Hurdle division is weak. That's happened before and will happen again. But suggesting Mares should switch from their normal targets because of that doesn't really seem the right answer to me.
How do you know there best trip is 2m4f?
Benie Des Dieux's best form is 3m isn't it?
If Honeysuckle went CH, and Benie went Stayers - would you be gutted?
Seeing Benie Clash with Paisley Park?!
NOW THAT IS A CLASH.
I genuinly don't care who is the best Mare at 2m4f. I don't see how anyone can really?
When we find out which of them is best, what happens then? we just roll over and say "well done, no point you ever testing yourself at 2m or 3m, or against the boys"
Also, if Benie and Honeysuckle didn't run, is Roskana (last years winner) versus Stormy Ireland not a decent clash? That's surely what the point of the Mares programme is, so we get clashes for horses that aren't CHAMPIONSHIP horses to have somewhere to run.
Benie versus Honeysuckle is BETTER than BDD having a walkover, absolutely..... my point is
they shouldn't have that choice. I'm not arguing about the decision that's been made, I'm arguing they shouldn't be able to make it!
You can havem this "clash" at anywhere else, after Cheltenham.... but nobody would build it up as much really!