SuperTiger
Banned
- Joined
- Jan 16, 2020
- Messages
- 101
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Epatante - Champion Hurdle winner 2020.
I think anyone who is disregarding this mare for the race irrespective of price should think again.
Anyone not already on her should bet her at 4-1 or better if this becomes available. Maybe 7/2. Especially if the other mares don't run here.
Her defeat of several of her likely opponents in the Christmas hurdle is the strongest piece of form at 2 miles this season by far.
The race was run at a strong enough pace that some well fancied horses pulled up, and the stronger stayers were the only ones that were able to chase her home. They weren't making ground up either.
But if you watch what she did specifically, she not only went with the strong pace easily, she was able to then kick away and looked value for more than her winning margin.
The doubts about acting on the track have some validity, but is it really fair to say that was her true ability last March when you see what she did at Christmas ? I'd say No Fucking way.
And I don't believe that a different track makes much difference to most horses aside from obvious speed vs stamina bias concerns.
I think that although Kempton is a speed track, I think the speed they went that day and the ground turned this particular renewal into a more stamina based test than usual.
At the moment, if the other two mares stay in the mares, then I don't think she has any competition, and if she is available at around the 4-1 mark on or nearer the day I'm pretty sure it's a 10pt bet for me.
However, should either of the mares come here then I'll probably let her run with the 1pt I already have on her at 44-1.
I think she'd beat Honeysuckle but would not be confident enough to stake more on her, and I think BDD would beat her but would not be confident about that either.
Agree with this completely - think she is being overlooked just because it's a mad Champion Hurdle this year and there seems to be plenty of options. Wins easily for me if none of the other mares turn up.