• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2026 Novice Chasers

He was the one that took my eye, didnt look that conditioned as I watched him before the race, so thought he ran really well there
Added to the tracker, need to see what he can do next time out but he does look like a lovely horse
He jumped well , just seemed to pop over
 
…..looks like the Arkle is the target for July Flower;

De Bromhead said: “It was a drop back in trip today, but she travelled nicely. She was good and I’m delighted. She loves it and she looks amazing. She is a gorgeous mare and it was great that she did it. She has her skin like a seal at the moment. I’m delighted with that today.

“I didn’t think she was a two miler until Limerick. I always thought she was two and a half miles to three, but the way she picked up at Limerick was incredible.

“We thought we would give it a go and try her back over two and she looked great.”

And all roads will now lead back to the Arkle Challenge Trophy Novices’ Chase, which de Bromhead won in 2020 with Put The Kettle On, at the Festival in March.

He added: “This was an Arkle trial so we said we would come here and see if we had the pace and I thought she was really good. We will see what everyone wants to do, but I would imagine we would love to come back here.

“We could easily end up at Leopardstown at Christmas as that would be the obvious one. It is probably no harm giving her another run in between now and the Arkle. I think over two miles you need that third run, but we will see as she was brilliant around there.”
 
Agree

Gonna win something this season over fences for sure, just need to work out the plan before the market does😂
 
Was a good little race yesterday. Be Aware made it a good test but July Flower always had him covered. She is a very good jumper and I reckon on better ground she'd look even better. Thought she showed a good turn of pace rounding the final bend and she really stayed on up the hill. Her and Be Aware both pulled away again from the chasing pack which is always a good sign. Looking forward to seeing her out again. She's put the first big marker down for sure. Over to Kopek now.
 
Was a good little race yesterday. Be Aware made it a good test but July Flower always had him covered. She is a very good jumper and I reckon on better ground she'd look even better. Thought she showed a good turn of pace rounding the final bend and she really stayed on up the hill. Her and Be Aware both pulled away again from the chasing pack which is always a good sign. Looking forward to seeing her out again. She's put the first big marker down for sure. Over to Kopek now.
I think they will both turn up in the Arkle and will both probably improve for better ground. Adds a little intrigue to the race and as a book builder, makes sense to have them both onside at the prices, especially with the uncertainty at the top of the market with Lulamba, Salvator Mundi and Kawaboomga.

Fair play to ya though Lobos for banging the July Flower drum. I couldn't see it myself but she is a live one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs and Lobos
Final Demand gone from 1/7 to 1/4 in the last few minutes.

People looking for the each way value or does he need this?
 
If he stays fit he will win at cheltenham and probably go off long odds on.

Is there a price for the 2027 gold cup?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Durham Edition
Hugely impressive round of jumping.
 
Aye that was pretty impressive, he’s a tool over fences alright!

Going to take a very good horse to get close to him I feel. Monkfish sort of price possibly.
 
Stepson turned up with his kids. Guess who missed the race!!!!!! On to the reply when he leaves 😵‍💫
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Aye that was pretty impressive, he’s a tool over fences alright!

Going to take a very good horse to get close to him I feel. Monkfish sort of price possibly.
Won’t be far off that sort of price if all goes well. Maybe the only saving grace is there’s no turners chase nowadays so a better chance of a decent field size for the e/w plays
 
Wingmen has definitely improved for a fence too. Nice round of jumping apart from the last but Final Demand was taking lengths out of him at some fences. Keep your peepers peeled for his next entries. Kim Muir or JR Novices' Chase could be well within his reach.