• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Stayers Hurdle

Why not cover her in Mares ? Could even do a cheeky double on today

Over 30s on exchange ….was much more few weeks ago …and 25s with cashout bookies

Agree totally re danger …..she would be best horse on paper in this years race….,No Honeysuckle this year

Not convinced she stays Chelt 3m

I think Love Envoi would have something to say about that.
 
I think Love Envoi would have something to say about that.

Def one I’m most interested in and backed at mo….but not sure fitness after unjury

MR has few pounds in hand on best RPRs

My point is to cover the switch in race ….,maybe personal thing, but done well in past years getting long prices on poss switches….,often under-bet
 
I think Love Envoi would have something to say about that.

She's a better horse than love envoi on what we've seen imo

Didn't run any kind of race at Cheltenham last season

Love Envoi was flattered in the mares hurdle being up on the pace in a slowly run race

Love Envoi is a year younger though and could improve again, which would be unlikely for Marie's rock
 
She's a better horse than love envoi on what we've seen imo

Didn't run any kind of race at Cheltenham last season

Love Envoi was flattered in the mares hurdle being up on the pace in a slowly run race

Love Envoi is a year younger though and could improve again, which would be unlikely for Marie's rock

Most field ran nothing in Mares last year ….2 jockeys got it right, rest did not ….,race was set up for fastest horses to sprint away

I’d forgive the run personally

Prob unlikely MR does switch ….but I’m on at over 50s and if she switches she’ll be single figures …so that’s say 10-1 on switch …,I think value

Anyone using doubles today could get 50s cover as option ….not something for everyone, but these can work out really well (Appreciatr It, Honeysuckle & GDC almost great examples)
 
365 have super boosted Marie's Rock tomorrow to 7/4 :biggrin-new:


Surprised she is 25/1 for the Mares Hurdle - with cashout
If beaten today she'd surely have to shorten for the Mares Hurdle, you'd back her for that at 25/1 no problem if you knew it was the target

Can see me doing a bit of hedging here!
 
Last edited:
365 have super boosted Marie's Rock tomorrow to 7/4 :biggrin-new:


Surprised she is 25/1 for the Mares Hurdle - with cashout
If beaten tomorrow she'd surely have to shorten for the Mares Hurdle, you'd back her for that at 25/1 no problem if you knew it was the target

Can see me doing a bit of hedging here!

Today mate :highly_amused:
 
Today mate :highly_amused:

Haha yes sorry, was too busy faffing to spot that.

If beaten today and pushed OUT for the Mares I'll be having a silly bet with a view to cashing for profit
 
Haha yes sorry, was too busy faffing to spot that.

If beaten today and pushed OUT for the Mares I'll be having a silly bet with a view to cashing for profit

Dashel drasher today with Marie's rock in the mares must be about 90/1 for the double?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
Dashel drasher today with Marie's rock in the mares must be about 90/1 for the double?

Yessss

The exact reason that related doubled thread exists!

83.5/1 on 365
 
If only Paisley Park didn't take 2 mile 7 furlongs to get into top gear. He's miles back and you still know he's going to motor home best of all. Such a genuine star of a horse.

Marie's Rock was particularly poor.

Nothing for Theleme to be worried about there.
 
If only Paisley Park didn't take 2 mile 7 furlongs to get into top gear. He's miles back and you still know he's going to motor home best of all. Such a genuine star of a horse.

Marie's Rock was particularly poor.

Nothing for Theleme to be worried about there.

Well the genuine star got beat by a now very live 66/1 and 100/1 tip :triumphant:

Bring on Theleme (easy to say when I've backed him) :highly_amused:
 
Well the genuine star got beat by a now very live 66/1 and 100/1 tip :triumphant:

Bring on Theleme (easy to say when I've backed him) :highly_amused:

Not a star now (I should have said he was a star) but he's been a hell of a horse.

Dashel Drasher you'd imagine will go back to Cheltenham next. Hope he gets there for you but I think Theleme will be too much.
 
Last edited:
If only Paisley Park didn't take 2 mile 7 furlongs to get into top gear. He's miles back and you still know he's going to motor home best of all. Such a genuine star of a horse.

Marie's Rock was particularly poor.

Nothing for Theleme to be worried about there.

She simply doesn't stay

Pulled all the way round

Drops back to 2m4f next time I may back her for the mares hurdle

She stays at 3 miles couldn't be interested In her for Cheltenham at all
 
Not a star now (I should have said he was a star) but he's been a hell of a horse.

Dashel Drasher you'd imagine will go back to Cheltenham next. Hope he gets there for you but I think Theleme will be too much.

Yeah absolutely, agree with all of that

I hope Dashel Drasher wins just so I look clever :highly_amused:
 
She simply doesn't stay

Pulled all the way round

Drops back to 2m4f next time I may back her for the mares hurdle

She stays at 3 miles couldn't be interested In her for Cheltenham at all

Rekeel again nto already mentioned pre race, strange as sat there like he thought she'd cruise from 3/2 out but nothing, odd as very good first up last year albeit over intermediate trip. Quandary if she fires nto at Chelt in the Rekeel for them.
 
She simply doesn't stay

Pulled all the way round

Drops back to 2m4f next time I may back her for the mares hurdle

She stays at 3 miles couldn't be interested In her for Cheltenham at all

Don’t think she would have won over any distance today.
Im a big fan of the horse but I would not back her in any race until I see her perform as I know she can.
 
Don’t think she would have won over any distance today.
Im a big fan of the horse but I would not back her in any race until I see her perform as I know she can.

She travelled very strongly so I wouldn't worry about her having lost her enthusiasm

the relkeel that she won last year would seem the ideal next race

If its a decent price I'd be tempted by a WTAF for that
 
Next run will be the big one for Marie's Rock. Got a suspicion she is better later in a season which isn't uncommon for mares. She has chucked in stinkers at this time of year previously including in the Greatwood 2 years ago and a listed handicap in 2020. However, if next race is the Relkeel over 2m 4f then we are none the wiser as to which race she would go for at the Festival.
 
Travelled ok, found nothing
That’s not her

She was keen all the way round

Was never going to find anything especially at this trip

She gets better with racing imo and they made a mistake not running her more last season

She can be quite fresh and free going like she was in the mares hurdle when she found nothing