• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Ryanair Chase

The thing is Craigy I was discussing Fugitif for the race prior to any news re Allaho. He is no after thought on my behalf. He's a 33/1 but he'll be running in the race which is a mahoosive plus.

I also get that, but surely that makes it worse if Allaho was in the race mate? As the most likely winner that’s a place gone straight away. Then add in stage star envoi Banbridge (if he runs) and a couple others, they are all better than Fugitif.
 
I also get that, but surely that makes it worse if Allaho was in the race mate? As the most likely winner that’s a place gone straight away. Then add in stage star envoi Banbridge (if he runs) and a couple others, they are all better than Fugitif.

I just wasn't a Allaho fan and he wasn't winning for me. Banbridge, if he runs, nail on head. Stage Star and Envoi already huge winners for me so Fugitif is ideal cover at a massive price that's all.

Enough now!! :biggrin-new:
 
Here's my write up in the Racing Post.....

By James Stevens, West Country correspondent
A hard-fought December Gold Cup victory for Fugitif put him in the Ryanair Chase picture and perhaps now could be the time he fulfils his promise. The nine-year-old needs to step up from handicap form to Grade 1 level, but he has always travelled through his races with a touch of class.

It looked inevitable he would make it to this level but the fact he kept finishing second, including at the Plate at the Cheltenham Festival last season, has meant it has taken a while.

A confidence-boosting win last time may well kick off a big campaign and hopefully a good effort in the Clarence House Chase on Saturday can tee up his chances in March.
 
Here's my write up in the Racing Post.....

By James Stevens, West Country correspondent
A hard-fought December Gold Cup victory for Fugitif put him in the Ryanair Chase picture and perhaps now could be the time he fulfils his promise. The nine-year-old needs to step up from handicap form to Grade 1 level, but he has always travelled through his races with a touch of class.

It looked inevitable he would make it to this level but the fact he kept finishing second, including at the Plate at the Cheltenham Festival last season, has meant it has taken a while.

A confidence-boosting win last time may well kick off a big campaign and hopefully a good effort in the Clarence House Chase on Saturday can tee up his chances in March.

I refer you to your previous post :cower:
 
20s NRNB Conflated at Paddy's. A value non runner, which is a winner in my eyes.
 
Have I missed a quote where Elliot has actually said that Conflated is going for the Cross Country? (Serious question)

I've seen plenty where he says it's an option if he doesn't look like being a player in the big staying chases. If he were to come here I'd say he'd be a player, I feel like I've missed something where everyone seems to be saying he's practically a non-runner already. Or am I just misreading vibes?
 
Have I missed a quote where Elliot has actually said that Conflated is going for the Cross Country? (Serious question)

I've seen plenty where he says it's an option if he doesn't look like being a player in the big staying chases. If he were to come here I'd say he'd be a player, I feel like I've missed something where everyone seems to be saying he's practically a non-runner already. Or am I just misreading vibes?

It's been mooted since the start of the season and I'm fairly sure Gordon suggested that the cross country is the likely destination following his unseat in The Savills Chase. I think he was interviewed and it was on Racing TV for a while but I can't be absolutely sure. NRNB would be the way to go if you fancy him for any other race.
 
Have I missed a quote where Elliot has actually said that Conflated is going for the Cross Country? (Serious question)

I've seen plenty where he says it's an option if he doesn't look like being a player in the big staying chases. If he were to come here I'd say he'd be a player, I feel like I've missed something where everyone seems to be saying he's practically a non-runner already. Or am I just misreading vibes?

There's a quote somewhere from GE mentioning how well Conflated schooled over the banks. That was backed up yesterday on Road to Cheltenham where Jack Kennedy gave a decent enough word for him. It sounded like the XC is the target but all that didn't stop me from having a few quid on for the Ryanair last night.
 
Jack Kennedy said on Road to Cheltenham this week that Conflated had been schooling over the banks beautifully, with a smile. Can’t remember the exact quote but there was a hint that he’d be happy to get off Delta for Conflated. Worth a watch.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerRolllllll
Jack Kennedy said on Road to Cheltenham this week that Conflated had been schooling over the banks beautifully, with a smile. Can’t remember the exact quote but there was a hint that he’d be happy to get off Delta for Conflated. Worth a watch.

Jack def gave impression that was his ride to be & in CC
 
Jack Kennedy said on Road to Cheltenham this week that Conflated had been schooling over the banks beautifully, with a smile. Can’t remember the exact quote but there was a hint that he’d be happy to get off Delta for Conflated. Worth a watch.

He's never rode Delta over the banks at Cheltenham to be fair. In a race at least.

That's a lie. He rode him to beat Tiger didn't he
 
It was filmed before they got the Allaho news though.
It's this that may persuade Conflated connections to take his chance in this.
He'd have a decent chance and probably be in the top 3 in the market.
They've never not had a runner in their own race as far as I can remember.
So to run 2 in the Cross Country in these circumstances as I mentioned a few comments back would be a bizarre decision.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SamuelP
It was filmed before they got the Allaho news though.
It's this that may persuade Conflated connections to take his chance in this.
He'd have a decent chance and probably be in the top 3 in the market.
They've never not had a runner in their own race as far as I can remember.
So to run 2 in the Cross Country in these circumstances as I mentioned a few comments back would be a bizarre decision.

Gigginstown can buy Fil Dor problem solved
 
Fair enough, can see why there are the vibes there are then, missed that while I was AWOL.

I'm with Q though, don't think it makes a great deal of sense to send him there when he would be bang on contention for this and they have Delta Work (and GE has Galvin too). I know what I'd do if he were mine anyway.
 
It was filmed before they got the Allaho news though.
It's this that may persuade Conflated connections to take his chance in this.
He'd have a decent chance and probably be in the top 3 in the market.
They've never not had a runner in their own race as far as I can remember.
So to run 2 in the Cross Country in these circumstances as I mentioned a few comments back would be a bizarre decision.

Decent chance of a Grade 1, but run in the Mickey Mouse race instead!!
Bizarre indeed.
 
….Capodanno still 25-1 Lads, as low as 8-1 NRNB with PP.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toshyboy
Get the impression he’s coming here now if runs ok

Coko beach plus Delta back for Gigg in XC