• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Diamond Geezer Cup (Antepost Tipping Competition)

….as a retired IT Project Manager who struggles to change a plug, that’s a magnificent effort :applouse:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fouroverthrutwo
Brilliant job with this Dandrew99, a great competition that will be enjoyed by everyone, your efforts are very much noted and very much appreciated...
 
RaceNumber Of Selections
Supreme10
Arkle10
Ultima11
Champion Hurdle3
Mares Hurdle6
Boodles17
NH Chase9
Ballymore7
Brown Advisory5
Coral Cup17
QMCC3
X Country6
Grand Annual21
Champion Bumper15
Turners10
Pertemps21
Ryanair7
Stayers8
PP Plate20
Mares Novice4
Kim Muir18
Triumph6
County25
Albert Bartlett12
Gold Cup8
Mares Chase6
Hunters Chase10
Martin Pipe21
​
 
Well feck it anyway, missed the boat my own fault best of luck to a soon to be FJ champion
 
The top 3 picks per race. I did a similar analysis to that I conducted last year to work out the perceived value (PV) of each horse. The PV is calculated by multiplying the current odds by the percentage of selections. Theoretically, higher PV means it's a good value bet.

Supreme
count%PricePV
Ballyburn (3.00)3945.88%3.001.376470588
Firefox (8.00)1315.29%8.001.223529412
Jeriko Du Reponet (10.00)1315.29%10.01.529411765
​
Arkle
count%PricePV
Marine Nationale (3.50)4350.59%3.501.770588235
Hunters Yarn (11.00)1112.94%11.01.423529412
Found A Fifty (7.00)89.41%7.000.6588235294
​
Ultima
count%PricePV
The Goffer (9.00)3136.47%9.003.282352941
Chianti Classico (12.00)2327.06%12.03.247058824
Amirite (17.00)1112.94%17.02.2
​
Champion Hurdle
count%PricePV
Constitution Hill (1.33)8195.29%1.331.267411765
State Man (3.75)33.53%3.750.1323529412
Bob Olinger (0.00)11.18%0.000
​

Mares Hurdle
count%PricePV
Lossiemouth (1.62)7385.88%1.621.391294118
Ashroe Diamond (5.00)67.06%5.000.3529411765
Gala Marceau (17.00)22.35%17.00.4
​
Boodles
count%PricePV
Ndaawi (9.00)2023.53%9.002.117647059
Batman Girac (7.00)1517.65%7.001.235294118
Nara (21.00)1214.12%21.02.964705882
​
NH Chase
count%PricePV
Salvador Ziggy (8.00)3440.00%8.003.2
Embassy Gardens (3.00)3338.82%3.001.164705882
Corbetts Cross (4.33)1011.76%4.330.5094117647
​
Baring Bingham
count%PricePV
Ballyburn (3.00)3743.53%3.001.305882353
Ile Atlantique (7.00)1922.35%7.001.564705882
Slade Steel (5.00)1720.00%5.001
​
Brown Advisory
count%PricePV
Fact To File (2.50)5564.71%2.501.617647059
Stay Away Fay (4.50)1821.18%4.500.9529411765
Montys Star (8.00)910.59%8.000.8470588235
​
Coral Cup
count%PricePV
Langer Dan (9.00)2832.94%9.002.964705882
Doddiethegreat (13.00)1315.29%13.01.988235294
Sa Majeste (8.00)1315.29%8.001.223529412
​
Champion Chase
count%PricePV
El Fabiolo (1.44)7992.94%1.441.338352941
Jonbon (4.33)55.88%4.330.2547058824
Edwardstone (9.00)11.18%9.000.1058823529
​
Cross Country
count%PricePV
Minella Indo (3.50)3541.18%3.501.441176471
Galvin (5.50)2529.41%5.501.617647059
Delta Work (5.50)2023.53%5.501.294117647
​
Grand Annual
count%PricePV
My Mate Mozzie (8.00)2124.71%8.001.976470588
Madara (11.00)1214.12%11.01.552941176
Calico (17.00)910.59%17.01.8
​
Champion Bumper
count%PricePV
You Oughta Know (10.00)3237.65%10.03.764705882
The Yellow Clay (13.00)1214.12%13.01.835294118
Maughreen (7.00)1112.94%7.000.9058823529
​
Turners
count%PricePV
Ginnys Destiny (3.50)2934.12%3.501.194117647
Facile Vega (6.00)1821.18%6.001.270588235
Grey Dawning (8.00)1517.65%8.001.411764706
​
Pertemps
count%PricePV
Icare Allen (11.00)2832.94%11.03.623529412
Chantry House (13.00)1618.82%13.02.447058824
Gaoth Chuil (9.00)67.06%9.000.6352941176
​
Ryanair
count%PricePV
Envoi Allen (5.00)2428.24%5.001.411764706
Stage Star (5.50)2428.24%5.501.552941176
Banbridge (3.75)1821.18%3.750.7941176471
​
Stayers
count%PricePV
Teahupoo (4.00)4755.29%4.002.211764706
Irish Point (5.00)1517.65%5.000.8823529412
Crambo (7.00)1315.29%7.001.070588235
​
Plate
count%PricePV
Crebilly (9.00)2832.94%9.002.964705882
Sa Fureur (17.00)67.06%17.01.2
Saint Felicien (15.00)67.06%15.01.058823529
​
Mares Novice
count%PricePV
Brighterdaysahead (3.50)4148.24%3.501.688235294
Jade De Grugy (3.50)3541.18%3.501.441176471
Dysart Enos (5.00)89.41%5.000.4705882353
​
Kim Muir
count%PricePV
Perceval Legallois (9.00)2630.59%9.002.752941176
Whacker Clan (21.00)1416.47%21.03.458823529
Good Time Jonny (6.00)1214.12%6.000.8470588235
​
Triumph
count%PricePV
Sir Gino (1.73)7588.24%1.731.526470588
Kargese (8.00)44.71%8.000.3764705882
Majborough (8.00)33.53%8.000.2823529412
​
County
count%PricePV
King Of Kingsfield (11.00)1720.00%11.02.2
Absurde (11.00)1315.29%11.01.682352941
Faivoir (34.00)89.41%34.03.2
​
Albert Bartlett
count%PricePV
High Class Hero (8.00)1821.18%8.001.694117647
Dancing City (8.00)1720.00%8.001.6
Shanagh Bob (11.00)1011.76%11.01.294117647
​
Gold Cup
count%PricePV
Galopin Des Champs (2.00)6668.04%2.001.360824742
Shishkin (9.00)77.22%9.000.6494845361
Fastorslow (6.00)55.15%6.000.3092783505
​
Mares Chase
count%PricePV
Dinoblue (2.00)6272.94%2.001.458823529
Allegorie De Vassy (4.50)1011.76%4.500.5294117647
Limerick Lace (6.50)67.06%6.500.4588235294
​
Hunters Chase
count%PricePV
Premier Magic (11.00)5160.00%11.06.6
Ferns Lock (3.75)1618.82%3.750.7058823529
Its On The Line (4.50)78.24%4.500.3705882353
​
Martin Pipe
count%PricePV
Quai De Bourbon (11.00)3338.82%11.04.270588235
Sa Majeste (8.00)910.59%8.000.8470588235
Better Days Ahead (15.00)78.24%15.01.235294118
​
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: BigChaang and Eggs
Top 5 Selected Horses

Constitution Hill (81/85)
El Fabiolo (79/85)
Sir Gino (75/85)
Lossiemouth (73/85)
Galopin Des Champs (66/85)

Top 5 Selection Horses (Greater than 2/1)

Premier Magic (51/85)
Teahupoo (47/85)
Marine Nationale (43/85)
Brighterdaysahead (41/85)
Minella Indo (35/85)

Top Perceived Value
Horsecount%PricePV
Premier Magic (11.00)5160.00%11.06.6
Quai De Bourbon (11.00)3338.82%11.04.270588235
You Oughta Know (10.00)3237.65%10.03.764705882
Icare Allen (11.00)2832.94%11.03.623529412
Whacker Clan (21.00)1416.47%21.03.458823529
The Goffer (9.00)3136.47%9.003.282352941
Chianti Classico (12.00)2327.06%12.03.247058824
Salvador Ziggy (8.00)3440.00%8.003.2
Faivoir (34.00)89.41%34.03.2
Langer Dan (9.00)2832.94%9.002.964705882
Crebilly (9.00)2832.94%9.002.964705882
Nara (21.00)1214.12%21.02.964705882
Perceval Legallois (9.00)2630.59%9.002.752941176
Chantry House (13.00)1618.82%13.02.447058824
Teahupoo (4.00)4755.29%4.002.211764706
King Of Kingsfield (11.00)1720.00%11.02.2
Amirite (17.00)1112.94%17.02.2
Ndaawi (9.00)2023.53%9.002.117647059
Doddiethegreat (13.00)1315.29%13.01.988235294
My Mate Mozzie (8.00)2124.71%8.001.976470588
​
 
Last year I recommended a yankee from the PV results, I'll have a play on this myself. PM, QDB and YOK seem to be nailed on, personally I would rather stay away from handicaps in a yankee so I'll go with

Premier Magic (Hunters Chase)
Quai De Bourbon (Martin Pipe)
You Oughta Know (Champion Bumper)
Salvador Ziggy (NH Chase)


5939/1 with Bet365, or 10724/1 if you want to risk antepost.
 
Fabulous stuff Dan.

Premier Magic top value horse by miles. Absolutely agree with that.
 
Oh shit I forgot to update :hopelessness::highly_amused:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dandrew99
Last year I recommended a yankee from the PV results, I'll have a play on this myself. PM, QDB and YOK seem to be nailed on, personally I would rather stay away from handicaps in a yankee so I'll go with

Premier Magic (Hunters Chase)
Quai De Bourbon (Martin Pipe)
You Oughta Know (Champion Bumper)
Salvador Ziggy (NH Chase)


5939/1 with Bet365, or 10724/1 if you want to risk antepost.

Top work Dan as always :applause:. Chuckled at the comment of avoiding the handicaps but have thrown in the Martin Pipe :redface-new:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
Exciting stuff Dan..thanks for doing this..
 
Last year I recommended a yankee from the PV results, I'll have a play on this myself. PM, QDB and YOK seem to be nailed on, personally I would rather stay away from handicaps in a yankee so I'll go with

Premier Magic (Hunters Chase)
Quai De Bourbon (Martin Pipe)
You Oughta Know (Champion Bumper)
Salvador Ziggy (NH Chase)


5939/1 with Bet365, or 10724/1 if you want to risk antepost.

I'll follow you in Dan
 
Very popular pick there... 24 selections on Chianti Classico!

3 winning selections across the first 2 graded races then 24 on the first handicap... :highly_amused: