• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Novice Hurdlers

No tag man in anything, fairyhouse on the 28th back dn in trip for his 3rd hurdle race, beat embassy G fair and square behind good land, will be keeping tabs on him to see if they can squeeze anymore runs into him.
 
Bit of a boost for Dark Raven just then. Runner up only in the Supreme surprisingly, big unit always thought of as needing a trip after his bumper exploits.
I've had the Big Doyen as a BANC horse since I first saw him so their insistence of keeping him to 2m is some what baffling to me
 
Does anyone feel that they have a good hand in the Supreme????

After entries, my remaining hand is: Jet Powered and Impaire Et Passe (Plus potentially Irish Point - Any Race).

Facile Vega has always been too short for me as a single and whilst he does appear in a number of early season RAB - I'm struggling to see an angle.

Horses that I've backed and cashed out or lost are: Quais De Paris, Issuing Authority, Foxfire Glow, Immortal and Parmenion

I know that quite a few will have Facile Vega from the Bumper/Supreme Double, but I'm finding that I may have to leave this to the day and utilise the concessions available once declarations have been made....
 
I've had the Big Doyen as a BANC horse since I first saw him so their insistence of keeping him to 2m is some what baffling to me

Yeah will be very interesting next season for sure, be half interesting to see any entries again over the next few weeks if they do step him up in trip(over there as doubt he'd be a chelt horse given they've often cited no rush with him etc) as certainly lacks some tactical toe for 2m.
 
Does anyone feel that they have a good hand in the Supreme????

After entries, my remaining hand is: Jet Powered and Impaire Et Passe (Plus potentially Irish Point - Any Race).

Facile Vega has always been too short for me as a single and whilst he does appear in a number of early season RAB - I'm struggling to see an angle.

Horses that I've backed and cashed out or lost are: Quais De Paris, Issuing Authority, Foxfire Glow, Immortal and Parmenion

I know that quite a few will have Facile Vega from the Bumper/Supreme Double, but I'm finding that I may have to leave this to the day and utilise the concessions available once declarations have been made....

I'm in a similar situation. I'm probably going to get Tahmuras onside as a muggy each way play. 14/1 looks ok to me. 1 of IEP or GW will go ballymore if not both... he's a big baby of a horse but can see him staying on up the hill if improves for the tolworth run. Cant lay a glove on FV but one to get onside i think. Other than that probably be roll ups in multis for FV.
 
I'm probably going to get Tahmuras onside as a muggy each way play. 14/1 looks ok to me.

That Tolworth race on the face of it is no good, but I was with the third that day, Nemean Lion, who had earned a loft rating of 100 on the flat, he came there travelling really strongly approaching two out, made an error at that one and never really picked up after but he was still only 3.5l behind the winner and the fact they have entered this one suggests to me that they think he could improve and be competitive.
I took 100/1 for the Supreme before the Tolworth and note he is still available at that price.
The biggest negative for me is that he's trained by Kerry Lee and I commented at the time that he'd be more likely to win a Scottish National than a Supreme but he certainly has some class about him, just maybe he's the wild card.
In fact, before I post this I'm going in again....
 
  • Like
Reactions: BalthazarKing
Quais De Paris definitely not in the Supreme?

Nope. Ballymore and Albert only. Makes sense based on his last run. Looked all over a Stayer to me. As owned by Ricci , if he does go Ballymore then you'd have thought G Warrior will go Supreme. He could go out to Albert though and leave Warrior in Ballymore and Parmenion in Supreme. Simples:biggrin-new:
 
Good to see Jet Powered entered up .
 
Information of the year medal goes to the Fellow who said Good Land definitely going Ballymore. Fair play!! More of that please!!!
 
Last edited:
Princess Zoe entered in the AB catches the eye. 25/1 nrnb. Also 10/1 nrnb for the Mares Novice.
 
Anyone seen the price of Embassy Gardens for the Potato race ?
You might want to be sitting down…
 
  • Like
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
Anyone seen the price of Embassy Gardens for the Potato race ?
You might want to be sitting down…

One of the worst prices out there

Won a nothing novice hurdle where the 2nd and 3rd fav didn't go a yard

Should be 14s-16s imo

​​​​​​​he's priced up like he just won a grade 1 or grade 2
 
Good Land only entered in the Ballymore... interesting
Wasnt sure after the possible entry and talk of running in the 3 mile race at DRF. Not sure if I like this route, prefer a 2m miler stepping up to 2 and a half, not the other way round. Still like the horse though
 
Absolutely horrendous it is :highly_amused:

Weird isn't it.....

If Jupiter Du Gite was trained by Mullins and did what he did to older horses including a hyped up big money buy and a much more fancied stablemate, then he'd be very short for the Triumph and every person on here would be dribbling over him and have him in their book.

Funny old game Saint.
 
I'd be inclined to cash Jet Powered. Nicky in the RP Members Club Supreme piece tonight:

Jet Powered was disappointing at Newbury and he's just having a bit of a break, I'm not sure about him right now.

^ Final line hardly inspires confidence...
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho