• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2022 Triumph Hurdle

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
He has to get busy then, with three runs in six weeks, before a short break, on the way to the Fez.

Very good point. It probably isn’t even possible and a wasted post on my part! I forget how close we actually are now to the Fez in terms of weeks.
 
Very good point. It probably isn’t even possible and a wasted post on my part! I forget how close we actually are now to the Fez in terms of weeks.

Not a wasted post at all. Aramax only started at Xmas and went on to win it. Veneer of charm started in this exact race and went on to win it. He ran rivi?re detel in this race last year. There’s every chance he could be lining this up for a plot to boodles. Good shout
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fouroverthrutwo
Has there been anything said about Matterhorn? I know there was a decent chance they'd skip Cheltenham regardless, but would be nice to see him out on track
 
Not a wasted post at all. Aramax only started at Xmas and went on to win it. Veneer of charm started in this exact race and went on to win it. He ran rivi?re detel in this race last year. There’s every chance he could be lining this up for a plot to boodles. Good shout

Scheduling aside, it’s a nice race to get beaten in if Vauban lives up to his reputation. Gordon likes the Boodles and the owners already have the Triumph fav.
 
Has there been anything said about Matterhorn? I know there was a decent chance they'd skip Cheltenham regardless, but would be nice to see him out on track

No idea why but I've got it in my head he'll be out at the Adonis... Could be wrong
 
Scheduling aside, it’s a nice race to get beaten in if Vauban lives up to his reputation. Gordon likes the Boodles and the owners already have the Triumph fav.

Pity it’s not priced up in a few places, 16s on unibet is a disgrace
 
No idea why but I've got it in my head he'll be out at the Adonis... Could be wrong

Yeah I had that in my head too, but assumed they'd want a prep sooner rather than later. Just all seems very quiet on the updates
 
Pity it’s not priced up in a few places, 16s on unibet is a disgrace

Yeah they’re not even worth looking at most of the time. This will be one of those horses that probably won’t get a decent price on as the bookies will see Elliott + Boodles and take no risks.
 
Yeah not promising to be honest. Loved his run in France though.

Same. Maybe he will be this season's English hype job that will get torn apart by the Irish when it matters then :highly_amused:
 
Still don't see much love for Knights Salute for this which I cant quite understand. Big mistake to leave him out of calculations based on what he's done this season imo.
 
Still don't see much love for Knights Salute for this which I cant quite understand. Big mistake to leave him out of calculations based on what he's done this season imo.

I agree. He’s not one I’ve covered but he has been impressive. I think my angle will be today and the fez for the Adonis. Probably do the same for In This World who is my main fancy for this.
 
Still don't see much love for Knights Salute for this which I cant quite understand. Big mistake to leave him out of calculations based on what he's done this season imo.

From my point of view.
It's because he looks like an early season juvenile with flat speed and experience that would not be able to go the gallop when the big day comes.
In this particular case, i'd say even more so as he's had 2 fairly steadily run races to aim at.
They used to do not bad, but these days they tend to get beat up by the French breds.
It's unlikely on the new course with so few hurdles in the last mile that they won't get racing early, and this usually finds these types out.

So basically. As De Niro or Depp would say

"Forget about it".
 
From my point of view.
It's because he looks like an early season juvenile with flat speed and experience that would not be able to go the gallop when the big day comes.
In this particular case, i'd say even more so as he's had 2 fairly steadily run races to aim at.
They used to do not bad, but these days they tend to get beat up by the French breds.
It's unlikely on the new course with so few hurdles in the last mile that they won't get racing early, and this usually finds these types out.

So basically. As De Niro or Depp would say

"Forget about it".

I know I’m old school but seriously De Niro and Depp in the same sentence. Yellow card offence for me
 
Vauban will be a silly price for this if wins today. Ricci never had a triumph winner...
 
From my point of view.
It's because he looks like an early season juvenile with flat speed and experience that would not be able to go the gallop when the big day comes.
In this particular case, i'd say even more so as he's had 2 fairly steadily run races to aim at.
They used to do not bad, but these days they tend to get beat up by the French breds.
It's unlikely on the new course with so few hurdles in the last mile that they won't get racing early, and this usually finds these types out.

So basically. As De Niro or Depp would say

"Forget about it".

I agree with this, although have a small amount on him to win last time and at Cheltenham.

Instead of the Adonis they'd be better off finding him a race with something that will go a decent clip and seeing what they've got. He's still not too high in the handicap for the Boodles.
 
I agree with this, although have a small amount on him to win last time and at Cheltenham.

Instead of the Adonis they'd be better off finding him a race with something that will go a decent clip and seeing what they've got. He's still not too high in the handicap for the Boodles.

If horses like this fella go to the boodles then the race has to go. Am I the only one that wants the triumph hurdle back.