• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Ryanair Chase

A lot of Blue today for Bravemansgame. Anybody know if he’s been put up by someone

Nicholls said in that extended Betfair Interview with Kevin Blake that he might stop trying to make him into a proper stayer. But that’s been out for a few days now.
 
Perhaps he’s right. Maybe stage star should be his gold cup horse and Bravemansgame for the Ryanair.
next season perhaps, but if BMG comes first or second in king George, I can’t think that he’d go anywhere else than the gold cup. Won’t win, mind.:cupcake:
 
Perhaps he’s right. Maybe stage star should be his gold cup horse and Bravemansgame for the Ryanair.
next season perhaps, but if BMG comes first or second in king George, I can’t think that he’d go anywhere else than the gold cup. Won’t win, mind.:cupcake:

If he didn't win the King George I'd have thought he's more likely to go for the Ryanair :indecisiveness: Vautour style :disgust:

20/1 is actually half tempting with cashout although so high profile unlikely to be fast enough to react.

Also if he was beaten in the King George would he be bigger than 20/1 for the Ryanair? Probably!
 
Perhaps he’s right. Maybe stage star should be his gold cup horse and Bravemansgame for the Ryanair.
next season perhaps, but if BMG comes first or second in king George, I can’t think that he’d go anywhere else than the gold cup. Won’t win, mind.:cupcake:

…..strangely, PP have a special;

Stage Star win Ry and the following years GC; 66-1.
 
Couldnt see stage star staying in the gold cup with his running style
 
Couldnt see stage star staying in the gold cup with his running style

Front running?

Worked for Coneygree :cheerful:
 
Edwardstone at 20/1 for this race still available with certain book makers, Alan King apparently looking to step him up in trip in the new year according to twitter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
Expecting to get shot down here but I certainly don't make Allaho going for the King George a positive for his Ryanair chances.
 
Expecting to get shot down here but I certainly don't make Allaho going for the King George a positive for his Ryanair chances.

What makes you think that ?
 
What makes you think that ?

That he could have a tough race. Or that he could win really well and convince them to have a crack at the Gold Cup.

The end of Jan Thurles prep seems to have worked well also. Which I assume now won't be on the cards...

I struggle to say anyway it could be a positive to be honest?
 
That he could have a tough race. Or that he could win really well and convince them to have a crack at the Gold Cup.

The tough race wouldn't concern me, it's hard to gauge those type of things and he's backed up big performances before.
I'd imagine win or lose it'll be his last run before March also, which gives him plenty of time either way.
If he wins, I agree they'll be tempted. But still odds on Ryanair.
 
Il believe allaho is running when he's at the start line

Would love to see it though

With bravemansgame and shiskin having terrible preps the race is there to be won
 
The tough race wouldn't concern me, it's hard to gauge those type of things and he's backed up big performances before.
I'd imagine win or lose it'll be his last run before March also, which gives him plenty of time either way.
If he wins, I agree they'll be tempted. But still odds on Ryanair.

Yea, it wouldn't have me reaching for the bin with any antepost Ryanair slips. But as a backer I'd prefer the easier Thurles prep, as has worked the last couple of years, and the definite Ryanair target that comes with that.

If he runs in the King George I'd have it as a (very) minor negative to antepost bets in the Ryanair, before the King George is even run.

Although I do agree with the above it'd be great to see for the King George itself... So don't want to sound too negative on the idea :welcoming:
 
Il believe allaho is running when he's at the start line

Would love to see it though

With bravemansgame and shiskin having terrible preps the race is there to be won

Yeah, It feels like deja vu with his intention to run.
Hopefully he does line up and it'll be the best King George since Cue Card beat Vautour and Don Cossack.
A proper race in prospect. fingers crossed.
 
The tough race wouldn't concern me, it's hard to gauge those type of things and he's backed up big performances before.
I'd imagine win or lose it'll be his last run before March also, which gives him plenty of time either way.
If he wins, I agree they'll be tempted. But still odds on Ryanair.

The way he runs I'd say allaho almost always gives himself a hard race so that wouldn't worry me

I'm on for the ryanair but I'd also love to see him in a gold cup as a big fan of the horse. Though as you say even if he won hed be much more likely to go for a third ryanair.

If this was last year I'd say he was a certainty to win, but after the year off who knows what allaho will turn up.

I don't doubt he will jump and travel but will he keep going hard to the line like he used to.
 
Yea, it wouldn't have me reaching for the bin with any antepost Ryanair slips. But as a backer I'd prefer the easier Thurles prep, as has worked the last couple of years, and the definite Ryanair target that comes with that.

If he runs in the King George I'd have it as a (very) minor negative to antepost bets in the Ryanair, before the King George is even run.

Although I do agree with the above it'd be great to see for the King George itself... So don't want to sound too negative on the idea :welcoming:

He is 66-1 with hills for the KG & GC wtaf in case you wanted a small saver.
Not bad price that as if he's declared for the King George I'd expect him to be Favourite.
 
He is 66-1 with hills for the KG & GC wtaf in case you wanted a small saver.
Not bad price that as if he's declared for the King George I'd expect him to be Favourite.

Yea, I was looking on the exchange earlier and looks like people were getting small stakes matched at around 60 for the Gold Cup. Might try and do that, and have the added option of laying some off if it did emerge as a possible target post King George. Or even try to get out of he wasn't declared for Kempton.

Assume both races are antepost in the wtaf.
 
He is 66-1 with hills for the KG & GC wtaf in case you wanted a small saver.
Not bad price that as if he's declared for the King George I'd expect him to be Favourite.

…is that right, Q. 50-1 when I posted last night, into 40-1 now as far as I can see. 18-1 into 12-1 KG/Ry. Sky look like they have pushed out KG/GC 50-1 from 40-1.
 
Last edited:
Dynaste
Cue Card
Vautour
Envoi Allen

All ran (and we’re beat) in the King George and then went onto win the Ryanair 3 months later.

Bar Allaho winning emphatically (which would open up the question of GC) I’d say it has little downside for his Ryanair chances. And the KG has become a decent race for Ryanair horses, of course partly because of the lack of middle distance open chases.

Fingers crossed he actually lines up in the race.
I’d absolutely love to see him win it and then go for the big one. Though I can’t help but feel it’s a year too late when it comes to him winning a Gold Cup