• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Novice Hurdlers

No better place to pick up again than the performance of Gaelic Warrior today, winning by 80 odd lengths which was absurd. Ballymore or AB?

It’s surely Ballymore or Supreme after that? It would be a shame to blunt that cruising speed. I know there’s not much in behind but an 86l drubbing in that manner. Wow.

In other news Facile Vega with an RPR of just 122 … 18 less than Joyeaux Machine. Doesn’t really make sense to me.
 
…..Gaelic Warrior best price;

Sup 20-1
Bally 12-1
AB 18-1
 
The irish maiden hurdle triers at the front non triers at the back was turned up to 11 in that race

Impossible to make any judgement on that piece of form
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
It’s surely Ballymore or Supreme after that? It would be a shame to blunt that cruising speed. I know there’s not much in behind but an 86l drubbing in that manner. Wow.

Ballymore was namechecked last year after he got beat in the Boodles. Was incredible to see him win by so much today but no idea what he beat if anything. Mental to see a horse win by a furlong though...
 
Ballymore was namechecked last year after he got beat in the Boodles. Was incredible to see him win by so much today but no idea what he beat if anything. Mental to see a horse win by a furlong though...

Supreme was namechecked last year by RR's manager so it's up in the air again.
 
Supreme was namechecked last year by RR's manager so it's up in the air again.

Classic!

Worth noting QDP (who I have as Willie's second best novice hurdler based on stable tours) is also owned by RR, so where they both go could be decided by facile vega's final destination. I'd venture Gaelic would end up in the same race as FV, not QDP - if QDP lives up to the stable tour comments.
 
Trip was said to have caught Gaelic Warrior out last year, so I'd say it definitely won't be supreme
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
Classic!

Worth noting QDP (who I have as Willie's second best novice hurdler based on stable tours) is also owned by RR, so where they both go could be decided by facile vega's final destination. I'd venture Gaelic would end up in the same race as FV, not QDP - if QDP lives up to the stable tour comments.

I'm not even going to guess where any of them go. Just let it unfold.
 
Joe Chambers, racing manager to Rich Ricci on Gaelic Warrior:
“We decided around Christmas time that’s he’s either next years Supreme horse or let’s see if the mark of 139 gets honoured and it did in the shape of 129. We decided all systems go for the Boodles.” via
@nickluck
9:46 am ? 2 Mar 2022

This was obviously before he ran in Boodles but interesting none the same.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
Willie on Gaelic Warrior during his stable tour at end of October

Gaelic Warrior is probably going to be one of the best maidens going into novice hurdles this season. Looking at his performance in the Boodles when he was second after jumping to the right, which didn't help him, he looks like a horse who could be bound for the staying division. I'd say two and a half miles plus over hurdles so I'm looking at the Ballymore or Albert Bartlett at the moment. He got great experience from last season and anyone would be happy to have a maiden like him going novice hurdling this season.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
:welcoming::welcoming::welcoming:Impossible isn't it. Any comments after today's race re correct trip ?
 
Feeling very sheepish over Path D’oroux’s run at Fairyhouse on Sunday, I’m raging I missed the chance to ask Gavin how he was pre race , walked straight past me at the entry gates without me noticing, he literally crawled over the line on his knees after hugging CK’s arse & jumping well in the main.

A bad scope would soften the blow but maybe I was just over emphasising his form. Have cashed out what I can & switched allegiances to Grangeclare West!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Benjy23
Has there been any update on Between Waters? I haven't seen her hold an entry as of yet.
 
Feeling very sheepish over Path D’oroux’s run at Fairyhouse on Sunday, I’m raging I missed the chance to ask Gavin how he was pre race , walked straight past me at the entry gates without me noticing, he literally crawled over the line on his knees after hugging CK’s arse & jumping well in the main.

A bad scope would soften the blow but maybe I was just over emphasising his form. Have cashed out what I can & switched allegiances to Grangeclare West!
04/12/2022Fairyhouse363D Bar One Racing Royal Bond Novice H'dle
The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer examined Path D'oroux (FR), trained by Gavin Cromwell, at the request of the Raceday Stewards and reported the animal to be post race normal.
04/12/2022Fairyhouse363D0 Bar One Racing Royal Bond Novice H'dle
K.M. Donoghue, rider of Path D'oroux (FR) trained by Gavin Cromwell, reported to the Clerk of the Scales that his mount stopped quickly after the third last hurdle.
​
 
  • Like
Reactions: SeanRock
Sounds like Marine Nationale straight to Festival.​​​​​​
 
Authorised speed rpr 120 love envoi rpr 145. someone been smoking at rp. Think someone needs to make an adjustment

Won't matter as he's already namechekced the Tolworth but being given an opening mark of 132 is very very lenient, A real shame you need 4 runs for the Betfair this year as he likes to send horses there and another run in a micky mouse novice he would of shat up in that off 132.