No money for Irish Point, not a bean, which would indicate the stable wasn't on. Much more to come I'd have thought. Would appear to be Gordon's Supreme horse.
Based on what we’ve seen so far, definitely looks like Gordon’s best over 2m. Most years that would be good enough to be in the mix at Cheltenham but the 2m division could be deep this year. And if what I’ve read is taken literally, they’re all running for a 15 lengths second behind FV anyway :glee:
Based on what we’ve seen so far, definitely looks like Gordon’s best over 2m. Most years that would be good enough to be in the mix at Cheltenham but the 2m division could be deep this year. And if what I’ve read is taken literally, they’re all running for a 15 lengths second behind FV anyway :glee:
Trainer Barry Connell said Supreme is the target in his RTE interview afterwards for Marine Nationale. Most likely DRF next time out as he thinks xmas will come too soon as he had a tough race.
The supreme is shaping up really nicely. Facile Vega, Authorised Speed, Jet powered, Marine, Irish Saint and I'm sure a few more might spring up too.
The supreme is shaping up really nicely. Facile Vega, Authorised Speed, Jet powered, Marine, Irish Saint and I'm sure a few more might spring up too.
I was really impressed with Authorised speed yesterday. Again he hasn't beaten much, although 2nd has every chance of being half decent. His jumping does need to be better but he'll likely be back for the tolworth and he'll be very hard to beat.
There was one other hurdle race over the same distance on yesterdays card. A handicap hurdle won by love envoi. So just to get some kind of idea how authorised speed performed i did a few timings. I dont take these literally and it's important i remember he carried 5lb less than love envoi, so if he were in that handicap he would be running off 134 ( hypothetically).
From 2 out to the line i've timed authorised speed at 33.1 and love envoi at 35.6 so about 2.5 secs quicker, about 10 lengths in soft ground. Not bad considering his mistake. But that was the impressive thing for me. Even though he made that mistake, timed from taking off for 1 out to the line he was 18.1 and love envoi was 19.2.
He was able to quickly gather himself and get back up to speed, which shows me he had plenty left in the engine and there's much more to come.
If somebody could please try and get his named amended in william hills to win any race list it would be appreciated. currently spelt authorised spped. I've tried unsuccessfully. I'm a bit cautious of placing the bet without the correct spelling, am i being silly?
Watched the Royal Bond back and controversial maybe but none of those will be good enough to be winning at the festival.......imo of course.
Watched the Royal Bond back and controversial maybe but none of those will be good enough to be winning at the festival.......imo of course.