Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Virtual Grand National 2020 - Tips inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little bit of rain overnight. Going officially good to Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
      It’s strange there have been no movements on the odds today on B365, I thought there would maybe be some odds shortening. I’ve gone from planning not having a bet on this Virtual Race to betting on it and backing 2, then 3....and I’m now up to 6 horses. I have a dreadful record in the Grand National but my final
      selections (he says!!) I’ve gone single bets on:

Walk in the Mill
      Kimberlite Candy
      Kildisart
      Ballyoptic
      Anibale Fly
      Acappella Bourgeoisie

Good luck all
      Pretty sure they are all offering same terms by agreement, and the odds are the SP's. So they won't change.
      However, it will be interesting if one or two of the smaller bookmakers suspend betting at some point, if they get suspicious.

And Folski - the Four miler previous season is the strongest stat for sure, but also makes the computer model look a bit shit. If Le Breuil or the second horse Discorama had been left in this then they would have been favourite for sure (in my book). But I think only OK Corral is running, and he PU.

On the four miler stat, it does make Potters Corner (midlands national 2019) more interesting, and I'll have a little bet on that I reckon

Potters Corner 1pt ew

Edit - Based on subsequent information provided in this thread, this horse should have made the shortlist.
      Last edited by Quevega; 4 April 2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

The Virtual Grand National will be shown on ITV1 at 5pm on Saturday. It aims to resemble the real race using algorithms and a computer simulation and... Read More

Racing posts effort at guessing the algorithims

Ballyoptic, Potters corner, Tiger Roll, Kimberlite candy.

Comment

The most eagerly anticipated cartoon in history...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            The most eagerly anticipated cartoon in history...
            I remember being quite excited to watch Fritz the Cat when I was a kid.

It will be amazing what the viewing figures will be this afternoon.
            And be interesting to see what the bookies take online.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
              Pretty sure they are all offering same terms by agreement, and the odds are the SP's. So they won't change.
              However, it will be interesting if one or two of the smaller bookmakers suspend betting at some point, if they get suspicious.

And Folski - the Four miler previous season is the strongest stat for sure, but also makes the computer model look a bit shit. If Le Breuil or the second horse Discorama had been left in this then they would have been favourite for sure (in my book). But I think only OK Corral is running, and he PU.

On the four miler stat, it does make Potters Corner (midlands national 2019) more interesting, and I'll have a little bet on that I reckon

Potters Corner 1pt ew

Edit - Based on subsequent information provided in this thread, this horse should have made the shortlist.
              Does anyone know what the ‘going’ is for this VGN?? I can’t find it posted anywhere? Is it based on what today’s ground is? That surely is good to soft??

I was toying with Potter Corners instead of Anibale Fly but I think he won’t have the pace at the finish based on it being good to soft??? He’s an incredibly tough horse and will last the distance if his jumping holds out again and he’s lucky but I can’t see him having what it takes in the last 400 yards which the top rated horses have.

Comment

Bit surprised that Kimberlite Candy is the same price as Walk In The Mill. Walk In The Mill is better off at the weights and has three solid Aintree performances as opposed to one. As regards an Aintree horse he is probably only behind Tiger Roll. Can't see what the ground is supposed to be for this race but you would think Kimberlite Candy needs it very soft.

Comment

It’s on the main ITV channel, I’d be surprised if viewing figures aren’t close to what they’d be for the real race.
                  People are desperate for excitement

Comment

I’m interested to see how good the graphics are and whether they are an improvement on the big bookmaker virtual racing. If you can see the jockeys a few of them will look a lot better from the animated Botox unless they really amp up the graphics and Davy Russell looks like he’s had the DC comic treatment

Comment

Potters Corner 1pt ew

I share your concern about not having cover on Potters Corner. He certainly has the right profile.

My only fear is the computer programmers will down-grade the Midlands National form-line in the light of Chase the Spud's flop in the 2018 GN - after they placed him second in the virtual GN.

I assume they strive to get their virtual result to match the real GN outcome as closely as possible. And you'd imagine they would be delighted with their top two picks over the last three runnings (2017: 2 and 9, 2018 1 and P, 2019 3 and 1).

But Chase The Spud rather let the side down by being pulled up after never travelling in the real race - later bled from the nose.

Potters Corner obviously has the Welsh National form on his side too so what the hell...0.5pt win Potters Corner.

Also warming to Acapella Bourgeois too so here goes 1pt each way at 33s.

Now backed 7 in the race - this is getting ridiculous. Gonna have to take the dog for a walk and promise myself not to back anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Coneygme View Post
                        Little bit of rain overnight. Going officially good to Microsoft.
                        Ha Ha ! , Very good Coneygme !! .

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                          I’m interested to see how good the graphics are and whether they are an improvement on the big bookmaker virtual racing. If you can see the jockeys a few of them will look a lot better from the animated Botox unless they really amp up the graphics and Davy Russell looks like he’s had the DC comic treatment
                          I watched this for the last 2 years T.K.P , and i thought it was very good , nearly as good.
                          as the real thing , and at the moment i think we're all desperate for a bit of horseracing.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                            Like your list BC.

Danny Mullins has won on a few apparent Mullins second strings this year.
                            Thank's Mayo , Iv'e gone max bet this morning on Burrows saint too !. Good Luck

Comment

Regarding the going for the virtual GN, this is from the Guardian's tipster Chris Cook yesterday:
                              "The virtual going description is reportedly ‘good’, which is slightly surprising, given that the policy at Aintree seems to be to ensure good to soft or softer. The new clerk at Aintree, Sulekha Varma, tells me it would probably have been good to soft this week, though some watering might have been necessary."

Comment

I’m now balls deep in Kimberlite Candy across all the accounts i own.

The PERFECT horse for a virtual grand national. The ideal profile with the trends suggesting he wins. And he will.

KIMBERLITE CANDY IS A VIRTUAL GOOD THING

Small each way bets Top Ville Ben and Kildisart at 45/1 and 50/1 with ballyoptic a saver

Comment

Working...
                                X