Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tigerroll View Post
    I’m very happy when you think in his conditionals in the cross country he’s carrying 11-4 all the time and still winning XC in heavy ground that he hates. Hoping for a good to soft Aintree to give him his best chance. I think this horse has got a cracking chance.

Tiger Roll is a horse of a generation we just don’t know it yet!!

Just a quick question will Davy ride you think or KOD? Mid point of writing this I checked KOD weight on each of his rides in last 2 years and lowest he’s been is 11’3 once his average is around 11’5. So it’s going be touch and go - part of me wants him to have his day but the other is that Davy and tiger did what they did last year. Keith will have to be the lowest he’s ever been but if the top weight pulls out it may condense and Keith could get the ride
    Surely Davy will be given the ride again. He gave Tiger Roll a peach last year so he'll get the gig again. There are none better than Davy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Surely Davy will be given the ride again. He gave Tiger Roll a peach last year so he'll get the gig again. There are none better than Davy imo.
      You would think so. I know they’ll be after him for Mall Dini who I like too

Comment

Added Lake view Lad yesterday @33-1.

Comment

Back to Back coming soon - Tiger into 12s

Comment

Betfred have gone NRNB

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
              Betfred have gone NRNB
              Cheers GS. A couple are catching the eye at their prices

Comment

No one has really mentioned Pleasant Company at 25/1, bolted up last year and nearly did Tiger Roll on the line, surely has a chance??? I do find it hard to back against TG though especially after winning me so much ££££'s last year, i almost feel obliged to back it!!

Comment

Tiger Roll has gone up 5lbs from last year...Pleasant Company has gone up 4lbs....that lb could make a difference !

Comment

With that many fences to jump, I'm strongly of the opinion 1 lb wouldn't make a difference.

The weights are over played on the whole in my opinion.

They are A factor, but not the most important, you can lose 5 lengths with one error... so it doesn't matter what you have on your back to some degree.

Jumping and luck matter more than the weight.

Comment

Kevloaf spot on especially with the better class of field the days of crossing off every horse over 11st are over. Cross country is such a key for me nowadays. The handicapper doesn’t know what to do with those horses - he even mentioned he didn’t know what to do with Auvergnat.

A form line I’m really liking is the 4m chase at Cheltenham 2 years ago when Tiger Roll won Missed Approach 2nd - then last year Missed Approach 1st MallDini 2nd in the handicap. I like them 2 races and them 3 at the moment are my 3.

Just Love that form mainly through Missed Approach. Will forgive his last run as he missed the start but a good 8-10Ls. I will always back the winner of the cross country too like i did with causes of causes and Tiger roll. It’s a race I always attend and have had some good wins.

But like Kev said a lot is down to luck if it weren’t for Tiger roll’s size and agility he would have been brought down early if not for side stepping a faller, so you do need a lot of luck. I hope they ride tiger roll quite prominently and hang slightly out right especially for the first 5 to give him a good sighted like last timer then tuck him in behind, no better operator than Davy tho.

Comment

Weight has to be some kind of factor, 20 of the last 23 winners have carried less than 11.0st, Tiger Roll only just over that mark though gives him a major shout, surprised he hasn't gone up more. The problem I always see with comparing handicap marks and looking at the higher class of horse is that they get their mark over much shorter distances and less fences, that extra half mile+ and another half a dozen, and more, fences has to take it's toll.

Comment

I have a useless Step Back voucher and a dodgy Minella Rocco voucher for this but I’m very keen to get with Elegant Escape, slight concern on experience but jumps great and stays, looks the one to me....

Comment

Like the look of Missed approach, was due a ride this weekend too but looks to have been pulled. That would have been an interesting watch.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                              Weight has to be some kind of factor, 20 of the last 23 winners have carried less than 11.0st, Tiger Roll only just over that mark though gives him a major shout, surprised he hasn't gone up more. The problem I always see with comparing handicap marks and looking at the higher class of horse is that they get their mark over much shorter distances and less fences, that extra half mile+ and another half a dozen, and more, fences has to take it's toll.
                              5 of last 10 have carried 11 stone or more.
                              It's definitely inching up.

Comment

Weights more compressed these days. Not as significant as it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X