Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Could Coronavirus cancel the Festival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowds have been down roughly 10% as a result of it, and nice to see queues for the sinks in the gents for the first time in history at a sporting event

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
      Crowds have been down roughly 10% as a result of it, and nice to see queues for the sinks in the gents for the first time in history at a sporting event
      I miss the good old days when we all used to walk out

Comment

• Was supposed to be flying over this morning for SeanRock's stag but with 2 of the lads having had newborn babies and Sean's wedding in 2 weeks we stayed at home

Comment

• Football bites the dust until 4th April. Thank god cheltenham fell in the calendar when it did

Comment

• If all sport follows suit it would be all guns blazing for the nash aswell!

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
              Football bites the dust until 4th April. Thank god cheltenham fell in the calendar when it did
              Yeah, wow.

It would have broken me, being cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Yeah, wow.

It would have broken me, being cancelled.
                This 45 pages would have been 345 pages had cheltenham been a week later. So so lucky it has gone ahead

Comment

• Sounds like racing will be going behind closed doors for a while, possibly until end of June is being reported.

Comment

• Officially just until the end of the month though?

Clearly trying to give the National every chance although Nicholls seemed pretty resigned to it not going ahead as planned

Comment

• Grand national is off

Comment

• I'd imagine we'll be facing racing being called off indefinitely at the BHA meeting tomorrow. No emergency services at events means no ambulances for jockeys?

Comment

• Yep I’d imagine so ryan.
                          Two ambulance teams need to be in attendance for a race to start, I can’t imagine racing will be afforded preferential treatment, if it is every other sport/event will raise the question

Comment

• How lucky were we! Jesus, 2-3 more days and we would have lost Cheltenham

Comment

• In all seriousness, anyone with substantial amounts deposited with bookies, particularly the small ones, should consider claiming it back for the short term at least. I'm looking at reclaiming about 90% of my deposits as I will be pretty much inactive for the next 6 months.

Comment

• As expected, BHA confirm no racing in Britain until end of April

Comment

Working...
                                X