Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Could Coronavirus cancel the Festival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
    Make that 1.9
    Will be even money before long.

Comment

• Sky news now saying the health minister will be cancelling events and large gatherings if the spread continues. I would love to feel more positive about things but I have a terrible feeling about this now!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Shuffdog View Post
        Sky news now saying the health minister will be cancelling events and large gatherings if the spread continues. I would love to feel more positive about things but I have a terrible feeling about this now!
        To be fair I watched the interview and he said were not scientifically at that point yet and that at the moment that’s not being considered. But as usual the sky news bbc etc gave the headline that gives them the most clicks.

Comment

Sky news now saying the health minister will be cancelling events and large gatherings if the spread continues. I would love to feel more positive about things but I have a terrible feeling about this now!
          Not sure why you get a terrible feeling after seeing that interview. Should be the opposite, imo.

As for the price on the machine. It shortens through the evening, and then drifts after the afternoon announcements.

This thread is even more glum than the ones on Betfair, which is some going

Comment

• Burford is a problem. I won’t be stopping for breakfast.

Comment

• In fairness I agree with you, i think reading this thread, social media, speaking to mates the glass is half empty haha

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                Not sure why you get a terrible feeling after seeing that interview. Should be the opposite, imo.

As for the price on the machine. It shortens through the evening, and then drifts after the afternoon announcements.

This thread is even more glum than the ones on Betfair, which is some going
                100% I took the interview as a positive also. Media took out the phrases of the “what ifs” and made it there headlines. They kept pushing him for answers on the hypothetical scenarios.

Very worrying what’s happening in Italy. 1000 cases yesterday and a jump to 1700 in 24 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
                  100% I took the interview as a positive also. Media took out the phrases of the “what ifs” and made it there headlines. They kept pushing him for answers on the hypothetical scenarios.

Very worrying what’s happening in Italy. 1000 cases yesterday and a jump to 1700 in 24 hours.
                  Again, I'd take that as a positive. Didn't most of the football go ahead?

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                    Again, I'd take that as a positive. Didn't most of the football go ahead?
                    Yeah all football went ahead, and some in Italy, obviously not in northern Italy. But there’s been literally no talk amongst folk on twitter or elsewhere about football being called off cancelled etc. Just seems to be the festival

Comment

• I said about Twitter being an echo chamber, as well see stuff which in theory are interested in.

Someone else said they see loads of shit they have no interest in as well. Which is obviously right, and due to the followers or followers or algorithms, at a guess.

I only really use it for boobs and memes, so I'm always going to see loads of crap

Comment

• Been some big chunks backing No today

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                          Been some big chunks backing No today
                          Looks like some big chunks on yes, too

Still >£700k of the dough is for yes, and that was 400k when a mate was bleating about it as if it was already off the other day.

Comment

• Moto GP in Qatar cancelled due to travel restrictions (mainly from Italy).

No Italian entries at the festival, no problems?

Comment

• Does that mean we are keeping Miss Curmani away...

Comment

Does that mean we are keeping Miss Curmani away...
                                No no, she’s allowed.
                                Alice Plunkett does nothing for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X