Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Could Coronavirus cancel the Festival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. It's vulgar to talk money. Maybe change the £ to points.

2. It will not be cancelled.

3. When Foot & Mouth caused cancellation in 2001, I had stakes returned on Alexander Banquet after it had already been ruled out through injury.
    Last edited by archie; 2 March 2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• 4 new cases today significantly down on yesterday

Comment

• Mr Pimm..sorry I must have not written that correctly. I mean you are out of pocket from standard ante post mishaps as you mentioned...not because of corona?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
          4 new cases today significantly down on yesterday
          7 more days like this and we will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
            If it’s cancelled I’ll lose around £ from horses out through injury, not racing at festival etc because they’ve either not entered or bypassing festival but my big bets at big odds will be worth their original value so I’ll be stung if the festivals cancelled and it’s looks like it will. It won’t be rescheduled either, it will just be cancelled. It’s a complete pain in the arse and over reaction to what will turn out to be less of a threat than the flu. It’s media hype and distraction from the government’s failure to ‘get Brexit done’....a smoke screen and a means of conning the public. I’m so fucking annoyed as it’s completely unnecessary, it’s an airborne virus, I’ve probably had Corona Virus 10 times before and not known!!!
            What the Fuck is that.
            Proper rant that Pimm.
            And mostly innacurate too.
            Cheer up fella
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 2 March 2020, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Gentle reminder that with the exception of one or two 'fun' threads we should avoid mentioning financials...

Comment

• Good news for a change

The Betfair odds on Monday moved in favour of the Cheltenham Festival going ahead after prime minister Boris Johnson said it was "business as usual"... Read More

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                  When Foot & Mouth caused cancellation in 2001, I had stakes returned on Alexander Banquet after it had already been ruled out through injury.
                  The industry has changed immeasurably since that fateful season but I suspect the rules remain largely the same.
                  Presumably if AB was still officially declared, i.e not been scratched, then any talk of injury would have been irrelevant.
                  You will know more than me about declaration stages and how they've changed in 19 years...

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                    What the Fuck is that.
                    Proper rant that Pimm.
                    And mostly innacurate too.
                    Cheer up fella
                    Rants tend to lose their impact if you use factual information, the purpose of a rant is to get all the mad misinformed nonsense out of your mind...I feel better now!!
                    Apologies I meant 150 point loss

Comment

• Disappointed I didn't snap up the 1.6 yesterday.
                      Someone grabbed 1.7, can't remember who but great work...

Comment

• I would imagine that if the race has closed then they'd be entitled to take money for a horse that was never entered but while a horse still has a theoretical chance of running (not been scratched/still a supplementary entry stage to come) then they'd have to refund.

In practice, good PR would almost certainly mean that the big players would do a 100% refund.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          Disappointed I didn't snap up the 1.6 yesterday.
                          Someone grabbed 1.7, can't remember who but great work...
                          I got 1.7 this morning, just seemed like a no lose really, especially taking into account a ticket refund if it's off and the money saved by not smashing £6 pints of glorified cat piss on course!

Comment

• The 2001 festival was abandoned, from memory, 8/9 days before it was due to start so perhaps there hadn't been a further declaration stage since awareness of the injury came to light ?
                            So many new players in the market now rules may not be consistent across the industry...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorvik View Post
                              and the money saved by not smashing £6 pints of glorified cat piss on course!
                              Funny, nearly spat my tea out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorvik View Post
                                I got 1.7 this morning, just seemed like a no lose really, especially taking into account a ticket refund if it's off and the money saved by not smashing £6 pints of glorified cat piss on course!
                                Very well put

Comment

Working...
                                X