Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham November Meeting Antepost discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a race card is cancelled due to bad weather do you lose your ante post bets if the race is not rescheduled?

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
      If a race card is cancelled due to bad weather do you lose your ante post bets if the race is not rescheduled?
      If the meeting is rescheduled and its still at Cheltenham the bets will probably still stand.
      If the meeting is lost or moved to a different track you will be refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
        If the meeting is rescheduled and its still at Cheltenham the bets will probably still stand.
        If the meeting is lost or moved to a different track you will be refunded.
        Cheers ET, I’ve got a few AP bets riding on the Betvictor Gold Cup

Comment

Saturdays card will certainly be cancelled this afternoon and I would think its highly unlikely Sundays card will take place.

Roads are underwater, fields are like lakes, schools are camcelled all over the area, some businesses are unable to operate and many people are unable to get to work.

Assume that there will be no racing at Chelteneham this weekend and if by some miracle there is then take that as a bonus.

Comment

Wow, I knew they were struggling up north but didn’t realise conditions were that bad around Cheltenham

Comment

For some reason the national news has only concentrated on the north flooding but the river severn has burst also amd anywhere along the severn is badly hit. The northerners are blaming the government for the floods and are courting the news agencies the midlanders accept its an act of god and crack on with things.

This is my local race track about 20 miles away from Cheltenham racecourse. This picture was from past flooding but its exactly the same at the moment.

Comment

The pictures that have just gone on the twitter page of a few horses cantering looks positive, the course doesn't look too bad from what I can see. I'm clutching at straws now though

Comment

It'll be on providing the false patches of ground improve. It was odds on on the exchanges earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    It'll be on providing the false patches of ground improve. It was odds on on the exchanges earlier.
                    Yes 1.15
                    No 2.88

Comment

Even if they give the all clear at 3pm there will still be an inspection tomorrow morning. Can't bring myself to invest any real time studying the form until I know its on!

Comment

Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                        For some reason the national news has only concentrated on the north flooding but the river severn has burst also amd anywhere along the severn is badly hit. The northerners are blaming the government for the floods and are courting the news agencies the midlanders accept its an act of god and crack on with things.

This is my local race track about 20 miles away from Cheltenham racecourse. This picture was from past flooding but its exactly the same at the moment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic....html?image=13
                        Proof that Northerners are always right then.
                        It's 100% more the governments fault, than God's.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Yes 1.15
                          No 2.88
                          Yes 1.05
                          No 8.1

Comment

We are on!

Comment

Still a huge Sirruh du lac fan and will be getting stuck into him in the morning but I think I'll also have a cover on Happy Diva.
                              Never a fan of backing 8yo+ mares unless they're named Quevega but this one still showed plenty of interest, perhaps too much, at Wetherby last time, she was running a big race before the carnage ensued 4 out in last years renewal and although plenty were going well at the time I think Happy Diva would have gone fairly close.
                              Looks like being around 12/1 or 14/1 but blue everywhere so perhaps she has the dreaded Pricewise tag...

Comment

2 midnight legend mares runninf in bumper tomorrow.
                                PP going 13/2 on Legends Ryde, I think is a mistake.
                                4pts win

also like Butchers said in the hurdle race. 7-1 PP 3.5 pts. Last run on similar going was more than respectable against the pipe horse.

PP also went 2-1 Thyme Hill so had 4pts with them also.

Comment

Working...
                                X