Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham November Meeting Antepost discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspired Matt Butler

There is no Cheltenham meeting quite as informative as the November meeting when it comes to festival winners. The three-day fixture, which begins on... Read More

Comment

So, an average of 4 winners out of 28 per year ran at the November meeting. Interesting but hardly earth-shattering.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        So, an average of 4 winners out of 28 per year ran at the November meeting. Interesting but hardly earth-shattering.
        I would expect there have been more winning off a run a Leopardstown in last decade.

Comment

I like my stats but without the numbers running in November and failing in March and the split by race there's little or no context.

Pretty much standard for the RP these days.

Comment

steelplate and sections novices has a good record, just hard to gauge which race, and which horse.

Comment

As far as I can see Willie Mullins doesn't have a single entry over the November meeting, so why was one of his big green horse boxes there today? Does he have any cross country hopes that have been sent over for practice? For all I know they could share horseboxes, I just thought it was interesting that was there with no runners on any of the three days. Hmmm

Comment

I thought there was a sales during or after the November meeting at Cheltenham?? I think this was the reason GE brought Tiger Roll over a few years ago for a try at the Cross Country race because he and connections were attending the sales that were on at the time

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                  I thought there was a sales during or after the November meeting at Cheltenham?? I think this was the reason GE brought Tiger Roll over a few years ago for a try at the Cross Country race because he and connections were attending the sales that were on at the time
                  That would be an excellent reason I completely overlooked!

Comment

Comment

Lot 26 is a full sister to Laurina.

Comment

Tomorrow's meeting is subject to an inspection at 3pm today

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                          Tomorrow's meeting is subject to an inspection at 3pm today
                          Typical isn’t it, last year no rain and this year deluge after deluge. Hopefully the inspection is just a precaution and all goes ahead as planned.

Comment

Alot of rain due today....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              Alot of rain due today....
                              I would highly doubt racing happens tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                                I would highly doubt racing happens tomorrow
                                Agree, I travel down today but can see it being off on a Friday, and then on for a Saturday and Sunday, although it could get very heavy on Sunday.
                                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
                                X