Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock the Kasbah looks big at 14's in the 3.35 at Sandown. Run well in this a couple of times before, brought down in the Nash just as he appeared to starting a forward move, and the same price as he was before 7 were taken out. Ground should suit, Dickie Johnson on board, just the question of lugging 11st 4lb around for over three and a half miles, worth a few bob ew methinks.
    Also backed Just a sting at 12's, now around 6's, but will be a huge rule 4, at the other end of the handicap for Harry Fry and Sean Bowen.

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks Altior could be a bit vulnerable today?

Sandown is sharper than Cheltenham and he needed the hill to pull away, good ground will suit Sceau royal and he could start jumping left as we saw earlier in the season.

SR into 3/1 from 4s and Altior is our to 2/7 so either the markets are correcting themselves or people are taking him on

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
        Am I the only one who thinks Altior could be a bit vulnerable today?

Sandown is sharper than Cheltenham and he needed the hill to pull away, good ground will suit Sceau royal and he could start jumping left as we saw earlier in the season.

SR into 3/1 from 4s and Altior is our to 2/7 so either the markets are correcting themselves or people are taking him on
        I know it's just happened but I thought the same earlier, then thought I can't back Sceau Royal because I'll feel silly because I know Altior will run away from him after the last.

I can't wait for him to destroy Cyrname in the King George

Comment

• Is Altior better the other way around

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
            Is Altior better the other way around
            Certainly better left handed, hes shown his tendancy to jump very left a couple of times this year on RH courses, however when he can take off after the last like he does I dont think it really matters

Comment

• Newmarket today.
              L. 15.
              1.- Power of darkness - 1-50. - u/p.
              2.- Mabs cross - 2-20. - 1st -6-1.
              3.- Skardu - 3-35. - 3rd -8-1.
              4.- Moyassar - 4-10. - 1st -10-1.
              Last edited by BigChaang; 5 May 2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• I remain amazed as to why Coolmore favour Ryan Moore to Donnacha, on any horse that is ridden chilly. Donnacha is much better at riding horses that are dropped out, and that is just how Sergei Prokofiev has been ridden by Donnacha in the horses recent victories. A big mistake to draft Moore in for the race today. Hopefully lesson learned and Donnacha back on board for Kings Stand.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Today's L.15.
                  - 1.- Moments linger - 2-25 curragh. - u/p.
                  2.- Flash gordon - 3-00 curragh. - 3rd.
                  3.- Happen - 3-35 curragh. - 1st.
                  4.- Dylrow - 4-30 down royal. - u/p.
                  Last edited by BigChaang; 7 May 2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                    I remain amazed as to why Coolmore favour Ryan Moore to Donnacha, on any horse that is ridden chilly. Donnacha is much better at riding horses that are dropped out, and that is just how Sergei Prokofiev has been ridden by Donnacha in the horses recent victories. A big mistake to draft Moore in for the race today. Hopefully lesson learned and Donnacha back on board for Kings Stand.
                    Would that be totally true?

Ryan Moore is a top class jockey, can definitely ride in more than one way and has more Group 1's to his name than Donnacha will ever get to?

I understand what point you're making, but really - Ryan Moore is better than Donnacha, and he isn't put on Coolmore horses for any other reason than he deserves to be.

The common misconception is that he chooses his rides, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Comment

• John Constable tomorrow Kevin ?
                      last last last chance surely ?

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        John Constable tomorrow Kevin ?
                        last last last chance surely ?
                        Yep, I'm on already - only had 1 bet for tomorrow which is an each way trixie (I'm "out" all day tomorrow with the wife so haven't really bothered to study and there are just far too many meetings to get stuck into without proper commitment)

Paul Kealy made the case for him well on the RP Podcast so I see he's moved from 10s into near fav. Justifiable.

Last last last chance, and then by the time we're in January I'll have forgotten and put him up at 40/1 for the County Hurdle for the last last last last time.

Comment

• Each to his own, Kev. I am happier when Donnacha is riding one I have backed rather than Ryan. It’s probably based on their record of winning when I have backed them. Sir Dragonet at 14/1 with Donnacha riding being the latest case in point for my profits when Donnacha rides.
                          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                            Each to his own, Kev. I am happier when Donnacha is riding one I have backed rather than Ryan. It’s probably based on their record of winning when I have backed them. Sir Dragonet at 14/1 with Donnacha riding being the latest case in point for my profits when Donnacha rides.
                            Absolutely.

Backing Paul Townend over Ruby might have given you the same feeling is the point I'm making though, one is better than the other however the market may over react to that ... therefore one may be better value ... as you're finding with Donnacha ....

But technically he's not a better jockey than Moore

Comment

• Rip Orff (12/1) and John Constable (8/1) ew double is my only bet so far. I'm going to watch the European Cup final at St James today so probably won't see any racing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Rip Orff (12/1) and John Constable (8/1) ew double is my only bet so far. I'm going to watch the European Cup final at St James today so probably won't see any racing.
                                Nice, enjoy.
                                I’ll be getting with Leinster SU and with a small start.

Christopher Wood and Qaysar ew double in those 2 races for me FM.

Good luck all

Comment

Working...
                                X