Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the market looks too skinny also. As long as Politologue or Sceaux turn up then 7/4 ought to be available somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Magic Saint is entered on the Friday as well - do you know which is the preferred option?

RacenewsService on twitter has a clip of Harry Derham... mentions "2 and a half mile on soft, if they go fast, could work well"
      But hmmmmmmm, I hope they dont go 2 miles with this one

Also, says Magic Saint's had a breathing ops since

Comment

• Looking at the market at the moment for cross country I've gone for easy land 12-1 hopefully it keeps it entry, small interest ew.

Comment

• Fancy Countister (12/1) for the Goodwood

Ran really well in the County after a year away
          Was travelling really nicely before 2nd last fence in the mares hurdle before this, tired. Maybe came too soon for her.

Can't be too worried about ground given performance on soft at sandown

Henderson not really know for winning these, and either are mares, but watching that County Hurdle run... I just can't ignore that

Comment

• Really not convinced with last years novices. Also with rain forecasted, expecting the ground to be fairly testing after Friday's racing

So, looking for a horse that has 2 and half / 3 miles under their belt, and doing this over soft/heavy ground

I like how Venetia Williams managed to get Aso and Cepage back and running big races, and you have to question why both were re-routed away from this race. Aso was going well last time out, but 3 miles over soft appeared to catch him out. Cepage was really well over the weekend, only to be beaten by a better horse on the day, and looked to be outpaced. Not saying either of them would have won, but they would have had a decent chance

So William's is left with Belami Des Pictons, who only has this entry. Why take out two decent prospects if she didnt think this had a chance. Why leave the horse in at this stage, if he wasnt ready and recovered from his last run, where he was hammered in by the market

I've decided to add Belami Des Pictons - boosted 28/1 2.5pts - despite this selection not really hitting any of the trends for this race. I know... I know.... I spend hours upon hours narrowing down based on trends and stats, and end up adding a total odd balls!!!

But with me feeling Count Meribel being a few lbs below what is needed to win this, and with Magic Saint having two entires and the yard not really saying much to increase my confidence, I need to back a an odd ball which is this....

Starting to get very invested in this race, not good! Just hope at least two of them turn up on the day!

Comment

• I really, really like the Venetia angle with Belami Des Pictons opatcho.

There are loads I like in the race so I'm not going to get involved just yet though. I went to Aintree with jono and having looked into Burtons Well for that meeting VEnetia's horses have been on my radar (first time out) and with a layoff.... Cepage still ran well last week, and I hadn't thought about WHY she may not want him in this race.

I simply won't be able to leave that unbacked.

Comment

• Monalee has opened up 5/4 fav to beat DOUVAN tomorrow (15/8)

Monalee?

To beat Douvan?

Nooooo way.

Noooooooooo way is Monalee a better horse than Douvan.

Not having it.

I have always been a Monalee backer, was definitely one of my "big two" for the Ryanair last year - but Douvan just HAS to better than him doesn't he, at a bigger price?

Sweet jesus I'm gonna lose some money tomorrow if Douvan gets beat

Comment

• Surely Douvan win that tomorrow!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                    Surely Douvan win that tomorrow!!!!!
                    doesn't look like we had many people on the forum to wade in though last night or this mornin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      doesn't look like we had many people on the forum to wade in though last night or this mornin'

Indeed... was feeling better when his price came in just before the off

I doubt I'll be backing him next time out though

Comment

• ....the Angove family apparently flying in from the US tomorrow. Two runners at Cheltenham; Poker Play and Eamon an Cnoic.

Comment

• I mean faugheen is 11/8 to beat Dommage pour toi and Antey...

Comment

• 12:50 - Dancing On My own (Backed at 7/1 and 5/1) NAP
                            - really liked his runs with Klassical Dream, and think the irish 2 and 2.5 milers are better than the UK lot
                            - Horse ran in a highly competitive Coral cup which is impressive for his age (5)
                            - 5lbs advantage over favourite who would need to run up to 145 tomorrow! Behave!!!!

Comment

• 13:50 - Potters Legend 8/1
                              - Low weight, nice prep run back after long lay. Goes well in ground
                              - Wondering why this fav is running here? Why not one of the bigger prizes at Cheptow later this year? Going with bigger price

Comment

• 15:00 - The Butcher Said (6/1) NB
                                - Ran 20 seconds quicker than the favourite and running from 2 out was similar time. Carrying loads less than fav tomorrow
                                - Plenty of room in the handicap, think he'll win easily tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X