Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early one for this coming weekend

La Bague Au Roi - 5/1 (B365) Max bet
    - I honestly think she'll have a massive chance in the KG, so no brainer here and already backed AP for her to take on Altior
    - one of the best jumpers I've seen
    - will handle the ground (expecting soft or worse)
    - EE needs further and more of a test, Black Corton is done, the rest are above average going against a horse I think will be a super star this side of the New Year (Apple's Jade syndrome.. mares cycle and all of that lol)

I think 5/1 is ridiculous, and will continue to chip away on it through the week

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
      Early one for this coming weekend

- I honestly think she'll have a massive chance in the KG, so no brainer here and already backed AP for her to take on Altior
      - one of the best jumpers I've seen
      - will handle the ground (expecting soft or worse)
      - EE needs further and more of a test, Black Corton is done, the rest are above average going against a horse I think will be a super star this side of the New Year (Apple's Jade syndrome.. mares cycle and all of that lol)

I think 5/1 is ridiculous, and will continue to chip away on it through the week
      Yeah I like that. Vinndication is a horse I want to be superb but he disappointed me slightly last year.
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 October 2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
        Completely agree opatcho. Greatrex came out today and confirmed her for the race:

She has summered very well and looks great. The lad who rides her every morning says she feels a bit stronger, so there is every chance she could be better than last year, which is exciting,” enthused Greatrex

She’s come back in as well as ever and is working very well. She’s still very much in love with the game. If all goes well (at Wetherby) she’ll head to Kempton for the Ladbrokes King George.
        I couldn't be happier with her. She's stronger now and when we schooled her last week she was breathtaking.

"As a jumper, you don't get any better. She's so quick and accurate.

"I couldn't be any happier with her and I can't wait for Saturday.
        - She's 2/2 at the track.
        - She's 4/4 first time out.
        - No ground concerns (Though slight * as Greatrex has said she wouldn't want a really hard race if the ground did become too tacky)
        - First half is absolutely the time of the season to be with her.
        - Bar the literal reading of Aso's 2nd place Ryanair finish the others don't have anything like her novice form ahead of Lostintranslation, Topofthegame and Santini.

I just don't see how she isn't fav for this. Will carry a grade 1 penalty which offsets some of the mares allowance but I can't see that being a hinderance. A couple of these may be going to Ascot. Purely an assumption but Vinndication for example you'd think would surely be suited by Ascot. Top Ville Ben wasn't disgraced in 3rd at Aintree behind LiT and TOTG and is dangerous at the track having bolted up twice last season but on all known form she has his beating.

3pts at 5/1 added

Comment

• Completely agree re LBAR. Gone in big @ 5/1. I can see her being found in the market and a ton of money coming for her. Black Corton is actually shorter that’s LBAR in the market, that’s a joke

Comment

• Le Bauge Au Roi is also entered in the Carlisle race on Sunday that Lostintranslation is entered in. She would have a better chance in that race.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
              Completely agree opatcho. Greatrex came out today and confirmed her for the race:

- She's 2/2 at the track.
              - She's 4/4 first time out.
              - No ground concerns (Though slight * as Greatrex has said she wouldn't want a really hard race if the ground did become too tacky)
              - First half is absolutely the time of the season to be with her.
              - Bar the literal reading of Aso's 2nd place Ryanair finish the others don't have anything like her novice form ahead of Lostintranslation, Topofthegame and Santini.

I just don't see how she isn't fav for this. Will carry a grade 1 penalty which offsets some of the mares allowance but I can't see that being a hinderance. A couple of these may be going to Ascot. Purely an assumption but Vinndication for example you'd think would surely be suited by Ascot. Top Ville Ben wasn't disgraced in 3rd at Aintree behind LiT and TOTG and is dangerous at the track having bolted up twice last season but on all known form she has his beating.

3pts at 5/1 added
              Backed this too. Great argument made for her. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                Le Bauge Au Roi is also entered in the Carlisle race on Sunday that Lostintranslation is entered in. She would have a better chance in that race.
                That was her original first choice but with Lostintranslation an intended runner perhaps they feel that the Charlie Hall is easier?? Agree that 5/1 will look a silly price if she runs as she will deffo go off fav.

Comment

• La Bague Au Roi has met Lostintranslation twice and beat him twice. Its much harder taking on battle hardened gold cup horses in a grade 2 than it is taking on a horse you have already beaten twice in a listed race full of horses in their first race outside novice company.
                  It sounds like she will run in the charlie hall but both entries were made today so I wouldnt want to be backing her antepost at short odds for a race she may not run in (if fancied her which obviously I dont).

Comment

• She's also won every race she has contested in the month of November....6/6.

Comment

• She has never met a horse of Elegant Escapes class in November though? (or at any other time for that matter).
                      The Legend has a 1-1-2 record in November for what its worth.

Comment

• FYI forum users, this is what Elegantly Tasted aka 'potato' does (blocked on The Racing Forum). Bombards threads incessantly with ramblings about Elegant Escape's 'class' that ruin any form of sensible conversation. There is simply no conversation to be had. Since 2017 EE has beaten Ramses De Teillee, Thomas Patrick & Black Corton, and has been comprehensively exposed multiple times at the top level, and he's apparently a 'legend'. This place is better than dignifying that kind of repeated idiocy with response, and I would encourage others moving forward to just ignore their attention seeking nonsense.

Comment

• Wrongly blocked on the said forum (I wont mention the name as I believe it is disrespectful to promote the names of other racing forums on a racing forum and suspect this would be a breach of forum rules). Theres a thread on there where long term members state I was wrongly bammed and they made a mistake. When contacting the forum owner via email to ask why I had been blocked but the guy who was threatening to assault me wasnt blocked I recieved no answer from the cowardly forum owner. The reason he couldnt answer was because he knew he was in the wrong and the said cowardly forum owner who also runs a subscription based tipster service had alterior motives. This is ultimately irrelevant to this forum however and it shows us your character not mine.

As for The Legend being exposed at the top level this is untrue. The weight carrying perfprmance in the welsh national has produced many gold cup winners. He was fast closing on Frodon beaten 3/4 length in a stop start race that was against EE and in favour of Frodon.
                          He ran 6th in the gold cup despite Colin Tizzard being badly out of form in March 2019 and was simply over the top for aintree. This is a top class gold cup horse, in your list of horses he has beaten you missed out Al Boum Photo (RSA), Presenting Percy, Kemboy etc in gold cup.

All my posts on this thread have been entirely relevant for this weekends racinv (bar this one in part where you are desperately trying to provoke a reaction from me).
                          Absolutely pathetic and please dont respond as you will be ignored. Stop trying to create a problem that doesnt exist as this thread is about weekend racong not your issues.
                          As for inane ramblings about Elegant Escape, I have my own thread for that so as not to overbear any other thread with my worship of The Legend. This gives users a choice of simply not clicking on my Elegant Escape thread and clogging up other threads.

Comment

• LBAR 11/4 from 5/1 overnight. Black Corton and EE both pushed out. Can see her going off a lot shorter

Comment

• backed molly the dolly 14-1 ew.
                              3 places might not be 8 come saturday and she is likeable. not without a chance.
                              probably back la bague on day, if right price.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                backed molly the dolly 14-1 ew.
                                3 places might not be 8 come saturday and she is likeable. not without a chance.
                                probably back la bague on day, if right price.
                                Don't expect any better than 2's on La Bague. Miles clear of this lot and likely to be non runners. 5's was an absolute Ew gift.

Comment

Working...
                                X