Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm out tonight and most of tomorrow so getting these on here early:

Newbury 3:00
    American 80/1 ew - not sure the ground is going to be soft enough.
    Ms Parfois 22/1 win - she looks well treated and I think she'll run a big race but might find one or two too good.

Newcastle 2:05
    Samcro 9/4 win - maximum bet material tomorrow. Simply has to win and will win imo.

Newcastle 3:20
    Otago Trail 14/1 - will love the ground, previous winner of the race and good record fresh. Nicely rated on form against Bristol De Mai and Defintly Red too.

Also doubled the two at Newcastle.

Good luck all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I'm out tonight and most of tomorrow so getting these on here early:

Newbury 3:00
      American 80/1 ew - not sure the ground is going to be soft enough.
      Ms Parfois 22/1 win - she looks well treated and I think she'll run a big race but might find one or two too good.

Newcastle 2:05
      Samcro 9/4 win - maximum bet material tomorrow. Simply has to win and will win imo.

Newcastle 3:20
      Otago Trail 14/1 - will love the ground, previous winner of the race and good record fresh. Nicely rated on form against Bristol De Mai and Defintly Red too.

Also doubled the two at Newcastle.

Good luck all.
      Bad luck with American. He can't win and you can't eat value

Comment

• Whats everyone backing in the best 2 mile race outside of cheltenham for a few years ?
        Can't make my mind up.
        Backed vision de flos each way 3 places in the week as I thought it's cut up, but was not a serious bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Bad luck with American. He can't win and you can't eat value
          Can't win, simple.

Comment

• No Bedrock tomorrow now.

Comment

• Got a few I'm having a go at tomorrow.

Dingo Dollar (15/2) with SkyBet paying 5 places too. Really like his chances, given a blow out on his seasonal reappearance in a Pertemps Qualifier over the smaller obstacles he looks primed for a big run. 1 from 1 over fences at the track, and it was his most emphatic win here during his novice days. He was well touted for the festival but unfortunately missed it. He looks none the worse for the lay off, given his solid effort 2 weeks ago and can go well here.

On Tour in the 1.20 @ Newbury 6/1 is of interest. The yard had a torrid time today, with 2 fallers at the track, but think On Tour could gain them some compensation. He was unlucky last season in this same race when travelling well before unseating the rider 4 from home. He is 2lb lower now, and is obviously not one for progression as is a 10 year old. He run a fair race over a trip that he struggles with on his seasonal reappearance and looks ready to give a good account of himself tomorrow.

Champ 3/1 in the 1.50 at Newbury, to be honest I think he is a graded horse that is masquerading as a handicapper in this. That form with Vinndication is solid, that was Champs first run over hurdles as opposed to Vinnidication's second start over hurdles and was only beaten a neck. Vinndication then went on to win a listed hurdle and got a rating of 141. Champ has been out and won 2 hurdles races since extremely easily, beating nothing in the process, but still gets in here rated just 139.
              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 30 November 2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                Whats everyone backing in the best 2 mile race outside of cheltenham for a few years ?
                Can't make my mind up.
                Backed vision de flos each way 3 places in the week as I thought it's cut up, but was not a serious bet.
                This really is fantastic - I'll be getting off the fence tomorrow morning - watching and betting tomorrow without a view to the 'rematch' at Cheltenham! I think we should really be celebrating what is going to take place.

We've had the Gold Cup 1-2 out last weekend, followed by the clash betwen CH, Supreme and Ballymore winners this weekend, and it's the Tingle Creek next weekend?!

I am so excited.

Comment

• Saturdays L.31. 1.- Santini - 12-45 newbury.
                  2.- Beakstown - 1-00 newbury.
                  3.- Buveur d'air - 2-05 newcastle.
                  4.- Dingo dollar - 3-00 newbury.
                  5.- Lake view lad - 3-20 newcastle.
                  Good luck all ,

Comment

• I really fancy Summerville boy to run a big race tomorrow, I listened to Noel Fehily earlier in the week and his close association with BD was mentioned, there was something about his response that suggested they wouldn't be running if they didn't think they had his beating. Samcro could be a world beater, or he could be like The New one, and after winning the Ballymore (Neptune) they spend a couple of seasons running him over the wrong distance, who knows, it looks like it should be a great race and I'm really looking forward to it. Good luck whatever side you come down on, I've put my money where my thoughts are, but hoping to enjoy it whatever the outcome.

Comment

• Ive bottled it and gone 4pt win Summerville Boy, and hope the rain softens the ground further and they go a decent pace.
                      But placed 2pts on the Samcro to win this and win champion hurdle.
                      I generally prefer to back the potential in races like this, especially at the prices on offer today.

Can't back Buvuer dud, he's not beat enough good horses at their peak for me to like him in this race. If he does win today though then he's earnt my full respect. I do like him but his first champion win was a poor race and last season he beat nothing till cheltenham and then only just beat Melon, who's very good but not a world beater.

Comment

• Great weekend of racing!

I havent a great record in the Fighting fifth, Only real success were the days I followed Donald McCains yard with Overturn and Peddlars Cross. Last year BVD was silly price, then previous years usually hit the crossbar! My heart says SAMCRO, Head say BVD and a part of me wants Summerville Boy! I love Supreme Hurdle form, nothing will come close to the Altior race, and some may argue but I kike the fact Kalashnikov beat by a head?with Mengli Khan a close third have both won recently and 2 horses hyped up to go well chasing this year. Sharjah has went and won grade 1 in Punchestown, he was 8th in the Supreme. Now you could pick holes in any form but Im trying to go with something here haha But if Summerville Boy wins today I will be using it as guide for future festival ante posts with last years Supreme result.

BVD, has won 2 back to back Champion hurdles, won this last year, but many still write him off? If wins today surely he deserves the plaudits?

Samcro, I love Gordon Elliott trained horses and want him yo perform here today or it could be chasing he goes! Disapointing in my wee country earlier at Down Royal and has to live up to hype today!

Could bore you all with more of my logic but for now will just post my Newcastle Selections...

Windsor Avenue 11/4
                        Samcro 2/1
                        Bishops Road 8/1

Newbury
                        Kilbricken Storm 3/1
                        Ms Parfois 8/1
                        Big Martre 5/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                          Great weekend of racing!

I havent a great record in the Fighting fifth, Only real success were the days I followed Donald McCains yard with Overturn and Peddlars Cross. Last year BVD was sill price then previous years usually hit the crossbar! My heart says SAMCRO, Head say BVD and a part of me wants Summerville Boy! I love Supreme Hurdle form, nothing will come close to the Altior race, and some may argue but I kike the fact Kalashnikov beat by a head?with Mengli Khan a close third have both won recently and 2 horses hyped up to go well chasing this year. Sharjah has went and won grade 1 in Punchestown, he was 8th i the Supreme. Now you could pick holes in any form but Im trying to go with something here haha But if Summerville Boy wins today I will be using it as guide for future festival ante posts.

BVD, has won 2 back to back Champion hurdles, won this last year, but many still write him off? If wins today surely he deserves the plaudits?

Samcro, I love Gordon Elliott trained horses and want him yo perform here today or it could be chasing he goes! Disapointing in my wee country earlier at Down Royal and has to live up to hype today!

Could bore you all with more of my logic but for now will just post my Newcastle Selections...

Windsor Avenue 11/4
                          Samcro 2/1
                          Bishops Road 8/1

Newbury
                          Kilbricken Storm 3/1
                          Ms Parfois 8/1
                          Big Martre 5/1
                          Just been watching supreme and Summerville Boy must be value for at least 6 more lengths in the supreme,
                          he was third and travelling ominously when he made a mess of the second last, he dropped at least 6l back and a few places, he made up that ground up the hill to jump the last and fluff it just a length back and lost more ground but still got up by an increasing margin.
                          I've never been a fan of his as his form up till supreme was mixed, but barring jumping errors he must have a good chance today given the price he is.

Comment

• After backing Bishops Road on every run for 2 years, it is finally going to be payday!!

Comment

• On the bishops road train plus usual mark walsh Saturday Yankee

Nervous about Henderson form and lack of run but now on BDA with VDF also covered. The Tom George first run stat puts me off SB today and not a Samcro fan boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                                On the bishops road train plus usual mark walsh Saturday Yankee

Nervous about Henderson form and lack of run but now on BDA with VDF also covered. The Tom George first run stat puts me off SB today and not a Samcro fan boy.
                                Could be right about the first time out thing for Tom George, drifting now, money seems to exude confidence in Samcro. The flip side for me now could be a defeat for SB could produce a market drift which presents a different opportunity, SB being prepared for the later season races, still fancy a big run today though. Have also stuck him in a trixie with 2 other Tom George runners, Rocklander and Copper West.

Comment

Working...
                                X