Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to put up Giuseppe Cassioli in the 2.00 lingfield. 20/1 with 365 at the time of writing.

I’ll admit I know nothing about this lad, but I’ve been using a technique over the last couple of years on maidens making a comeback after over 150 days off. I work out the average official rating from the horses from its first couple of runs and have a punt at what the horse in question might be able to achieve. This fella had excuses on his debut too so could’ve finished further up the field. Today’s race isn’t great and I’d expect him to be in amongst it.

Seems to work pretty well for me in Irish races.

Comment

• Haydock passes inspection.
      Officials will monitor weather throughout day

Comment

• Ascot passed fit too.
        But will also monitor.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
          Going to put up Giuseppe Cassioli in the 2.00 lingfield. 20/1 with 365 at the time of writing.

I’ll admit I know nothing about this lad, but I’ve been using a technique over the last couple of years on maidens making a comeback after over 150 days off. I work out the average official rating from the horses from its first couple of runs and have a punt at what the horse in question might be able to achieve. This fella had excuses on his debut too so could’ve finished further up the field. Today’s race isn’t great and I’d expect him to be in amongst it.

Seems to work pretty well for me in Irish races.
          ...20-1 looking decent now, even with a nr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Donna's Diamond 33/1 (3 places) in the Rendlesham Hurdle

Previous winner, heavy ground.

Loads of better horses in the race but Haydock-Heavy is not something any of them have on their CV's....
            Pleased this is now a 6 runner race.

28/1 win only, previous C&D winner of this race, in heavy ground.

Massivly over priced still IMO

The World's End needs tarmac (Just for Q) - okay he doesn't but he's just bang average.

Emitom can't hurdle properly. Definitely blunders his win chance away in the toughest race he's been in.

West Approach is the most over rated handicap chaser in training... if Thistlecrack was in different colours nobody would know this horse was alive

Clyne is alright.

One Night In Milan is alright but not good enough.

Bounce back to form from Donna's Diamond, NAP
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 February 2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Assuming all racing goes ahead, todays darts:

Ascot
              1.50 Danny Whizbang 2/3 places
              2.25 Like the Sound 16/1 ew
              3.00 MyplaceatMidnight 9/1 ew
              4.45 Sabrina 9/4 win

Haydock
              2.05 West Approach 4/1 ew
              2.40 Gerolama Cardano 9/2 ew
              3.15 Geronimo and Vintage Clouds both 8/1 ew
              4.25 Ramses de Teillee 11/8 win

Sadly no Six Nations this week, heavy rain and 60mph winds will only ever be good news for the bank account...

Good luck all

Comment

• Two for Gold is one I like for the NH chase and he looks overpriced today. Took 8/1 - if he does win, I hope it's not impressively as Hold the Note could go up for standing in his box.

Malaya 12/1 - weak in the betting but conditions are in her favour. This could just be a stepping stone for a target in a few weeks time.

Added the Hobson horse in the Grand National trial at 13/2. Thought he'd be a fair bit shorter.
                Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 15 February 2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Fancy Malaya myself FM, should go well and we know PN loves these big Saturday handicaps. I also fancy Endless Flight to go well in the 410 race. Good luck all

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Pleased this is now a 6 runner race.

28/1 win only, previous C&D winner of this race, in heavy ground.

Massivly over priced still IMO

The World's End needs tarmac (Just for Q) - okay he doesn't but he's just bang average.

Emitom can't hurdle properly. Definitely blunders his win chance away in the toughest race he's been in.

West Approach is the most over rated handicap chaser in training... if Thistlecrack was in different colours nobody would know this horse was alive

Clyne is alright.

One Night In Milan is alright but not good enough.

Bounce back to form from Donna's Diamond, NAP
                    Stupid Greatrex
                    Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Donna's Diamond 33/1 (3 places) in the Rendlesham Hurdle

Previous winner, heavy ground.

Loads of better horses in the race but Haydock-Heavy is not something any of them have on their CV's....
                    Will take that though

Comment

• I won too far understatement

Comment

• Fingers crossed for Cyrname. That was an awful fall

Comment

• Sam is riding well

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Two for Gold is one I like for the NH chase and he looks overpriced today. Took 8/1 - if he does win, I hope it's not impressively as Hold the Note could go up for standing in his box.

Malaya 12/1 - weak in the betting but conditions are in her favour. This could just be a stepping stone for a target in a few weeks time.

Added the Hobson horse in the Grand National trial at 13/2. Thought he'd be a fair bit shorter.
                            Good tipping FM

Comment

• The best bit of tv I’ve seen for a long time was that. The scenes of Cyrname walking away and the crowds reaction was just brilliant. What a relief, the horses lives to see another day.

Comment

• Tiger Roll 4-1 tomorrow ??
                                Not sure what to think.

Comment

Working...
                                X