Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Antepost Market for 2020 Flat Racing Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Will he train on and will he stay the mile are two big questions for me

Ardad didn't train on from 2 to 3 be interesting to see how his progeny develop
    It was a bunched finish, though he did very well in the last 100 yards to put a length between him and them, but it looks a stretch so see him beating Luxembourg, Native Trail etc over 8F.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

It was a bunched finish, though he did very well in the last 100 yards to put a length between him and them, but it looks a stretch so see him beating Luxembourg, Native Trail etc over 8F.
      He was much the best yesterday winning despite racing furthest away from the favoured rail

he looks fast to me and will take plenty of beating in the commonwealth cup if he trains on

Comment

Will he train on and will he stay the mile are two big questions for me

Ardad didn't train on from 2 to 3 be interesting to see how his progeny develop
        I'm confident he will get a mile as he settles well, has been hitting the line hard and there is stamina on the dam side. I agree that much more of an unknown is the question of him training on but he is far superior than his father was as a 2 year old.

It looks very likely that he will be supplemented for the Dewhurst so it will be very interesting to see how he rates against Native Trail.

I also really liked Coroebus from yesterday and have taken the 20s still available with B365. On only his second run, he showed an excellent turn of foot and would have comfortably won if Buick had held onto him for longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungHustler View Post

I'm confident he will get a mile as he settles well, has been hitting the line hard and there is stamina on the dam side. I agree that much more of an unknown is the question of him training on but he is far superior than his father was as a 2 year old.

It looks very likely that he will be supplemented for the Dewhurst so it will be very interesting to see how he rates against Native Trail.

I also really liked Coroebus from yesterday and have taken the 20s still available with B365. On only his second run, he showed an excellent turn of foot and would have comfortably won if Buick had held onto him for longer.
          Now you’re talking about a Guineas horse, Coroebus was superb on only his second start, and his RPR and Topspeed rating look very decent for a second career run.
          Well worth a crack at the Dewhurst.

Lets face it Godophin are a team going places again now, and he and Native Trail look really good Guineas types, for Newmarket next May.

Comment

Now you’re talking about a Guineas horse, Coroebus was superb on only his second start, and his RPR and Topspeed rating look very decent for a second career run.
            Well worth a crack at the Dewhurst.

Lets face it Godophin are a team going places again now, and he and Native Trail look really good Guineas types, for Newmarket next May.
            Coroebus now as low as 7s with Paddys! Must be the reaction after Charlie Appleby saying that he thinks Coroebus is likely to be better than Native Trail.

Comment

Coroebus now as low as 7s with Paddys! Must be the reaction after Charlie Appleby saying that he thinks Coroebus is likely to be better than Native Trail.
              Wow, when did he say that?

Comment

Wow, when did he say that?
                It was today's Nick Luck Daily. If you look up Nick Luck on twitter, he has the Soundcloud pinned to listen to.

Comment

It was today's Nick Luck Daily. If you look up Nick Luck on twitter, he has the Soundcloud pinned to listen to.
                  Just listened to it.

Thank you so much for posting

Charlie sounded pretty sure he is the best, and they left him to mature, rather than go early - and he will be a better 3yo!

I backed him for the 2000 Guineas on Saturday at 25/1, and he was sensational through 7F+ of the 1M, then paid for his speed late on.

I've backed him again now at 16/1 with some Festival horses, (with Cashout) and expect that price to disappear soon.

For the trainer to view it that way after a narrow defeat and plan to go to the Group 1 Racing Post/Futurity next run (ground permitting) is great to hear.

I thought he oozed class over the Guineas C&D on Saturday and hope to see him back there in May.

If he is he best Appleby Guineas horse then Buick will ride him and maybe only Luxembourg appeals as a rival in the Futurity and the 2000 Guineas.

Masekela was put away easily on Saturday and has direct links to all the good form with Point Lonsdale, Native Trail and Bayside Boy - so he may have them covered?

Comment

Just listened to it.

Charlie sounded pretty sure he is the best, and they left him to mature, rather than go early - and he will be a better 3yo!

I backed him for the 2000 Guineas on Saturday at 25/1, and he was sensational through 7F+ of the 1M, then paid for his speed late on.

I've backed him again now at 16/1 with some Festival horses, (with Cashout) and expect that price to disappear soon.

For the trainer to view it that way after a narrow defeat and plan to go to the Group 1 Racing Post/Futurity next run (ground permitting) is great to hear.

I thought he oozed class over the Guineas C&D on Saturday and hope to see him back there in May.

If he is he best Appleby Guineas horse then Buick will ride him and maybe only Luxembourg appeals as a rival in the Futurity and the 2000 Guineas.

Masekela was put away easily on Saturday and has direct links to all the good form with Point Lonsdale, Native Trail and Bayside Boy - so he may have them covered?
                    Masekela does give us the form lines but I can't help but think he ran a little flat on Saturday. In any case, there's going to be so much improvement in Coroebus if they've looked after him this year with a view to his 3 year old career. I just loved hearing that Buick was so surprised with the response from Coroebus when he asked him to quicken.

I also liked the update on Space Blues who I'm a massive fan of and think the 4s currently with Sky is a good price. It sounds like the Foret has been the plan all season.

Comment

Masekela does give us the form lines but I can't help but think he ran a little flat on Saturday. In any case, there's going to be so much improvement in Coroebus if they've looked after him this year with a view to his 3 year old career. I just loved hearing that Buick was so surprised with the response from Coroebus when he asked him to quicken.

I also liked the update on Space Blues who I'm a massive fan of and think the 4s currently with Sky is a good price. It sounds like the Foret has been the plan all season.
                      Yes, Masekela didn’t run up to his best, by some way.

Great interview content from Nick Luck.

Comment

Agree on space blues just gotta hope they don't get too much rain in Paris as he is better on decent ground

Comment

Just listened to it.

Yeah iv got on at 16s too

Appleby is rarely wrong when picking between his horses i find and hes much more honest when talking about them than aidan is

Comment

Yeah iv got on at 16s too

Appleby is rarely wrong when picking between his horses i find and hes much more honest when talking about them than aidan is
                            Yes, he cuts out the faff, and gets to the point.

When he says he has always looked the best, is going to a Grade 1, and how impressed William was, and seemed to write the narrow defeat down to the horse wanting to get on with it a little to early, then there is nothing to dislike, for me.

Comment

Yes, he cuts out the faff, and gets to the point.

When he says he has always looked the best, is going to a Grade 1, and how impressed William was, and seemed to write the narrow defeat down to the horse wanting to get on with it a little to early, then there is nothing to dislike, for me.
                              Not at 16s when he has the 4/1 fav to compare coroebus too

Comment

Not at 16s when he has the 4/1 fav to compare coroebus too
                                Yes quite a big hint, and the fav ripped through the Irish Group 1 National Stakes, which puts a hole in the chances of AOB, Luxembourg could run for AOB in the Futurity against Coroebus so we should learn an awful lot if they take each other on,

Comment

Working...
                                X