Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Antepost Market for 2020 Flat Racing Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some news on Charlatan

After Charlatan (Speightstown) worked a half-mile Saturday in :49.80 at Santa Anita, trainer Bob Baffert reported that his Grade I winner will likely make his next start in the Feb. 20 Saudi Cup. Charlatan is coming off a dominant win against a quality field in the Dec. 26 GI Runhappy Malibu S., his first after

Comment

• “He’s a Guineas horse as well, like the other three, but it’s very possible that if all of them are going to the Guineas, Battleground could go to Ascot and maybe have a run before, rather than them all going to the Guineas.

“He’s a lovely horse and Newmarket would suit him. I suppose it depends on how they’re all going to fall, and obviously we’ll have to look at the Irish Guineas and the French Guineas as well.

“The English Guineas is the first one, so I’d imagine he will be in the mix for that, along with the two Dewhurst horses and Van Gogh.

“Whether Battleground goes there or goes for an easier race and then goes for the St James’s Palace – I suppose it will depend on how the spring is going with them all really.”

Obrein on battleground

Comment

• I know sod all about flat racing, but that was very easily for Soft Whisper at Meydan

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
          I know sod all about flat racing, but that was very easily for Soft Whisper at Meydan
          ryanh97 Easy as you like that ryan. She looked pretty special there, just chillin . Have had my eye on another Godolphin talent, REBEL'S ROMANCE, a Charlie Appleby trained gelding.
          Last edited by parimutuel; 28 January 2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Elaborate ...... for the lazy that haven't looked it up

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Elaborate ...... for the lazy that haven't looked it up
              Firstly Kev, I forgot to mention to ryan that Soft Whisper and RR both have Dubawi as their sire. So even though RR will be short priced for the UAE 2000 guineas, looking further ahead, if he keeps winning on dirt, where's he going to go this year? Lots of ifs, buts and maybes and zero confirmation from connections but as a gelding, they may well target the Kentucky Derby. So as a shot to nothing, and a bit of fun, I have taken 66/1 and will enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts

Update 4/2/21 Skipped the UAE 2000 guineas today and is heading straight to the Saudi Derby

On a side note, Godolphin now have yet another chance for the KD with a nice horse called Prevalence.
              Last edited by parimutuel; 4 February 2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                I know sod all about flat racing, but that was very easily for Soft Whisper at Meydan
                ryanh97 25/1 Kentucky Oaks b365
                Last edited by parimutuel; 30 January 2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Life Is Good has an injury. Two reports below.

Comment

• Rebel's Romance news on Godolphin Twitter

Comment

• Just watched Cadamosto, O'Brien two year old, win very easily at Dundalk on its first run. Looked impressive going away especially given that his first timers are usually needing the run. Anyone know when the antepost prices usually come out for the royal Ascot two year old races?

Comment

• Just seen Golden Pal will miss Royal Ascot due to a minor setback

Comment

• MAXFIELD 11/10 NRNB 365. Alysheba Stakes Friday night R6 Churchill Downs.

Comment

• ARISTOTELES 4/1 Tenno Sho - Sunday - Gave Contrail a good run for his money back in October, Christophe Lemaire on board going for three on the trot.

Comment

• COLONEL LIAM 7/2 NRNB Old Forester Bourbon Churchill Downs Saturday. Will use in some doubles too.
                              Last edited by parimutuel; 29 April 2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Rebel's Romance - News on an infection

Rebel’s Romance, the UAE Derby winner, was not entered in Saturday’s $1.5 million Belmont Stakes after developing a hind leg infection, trainer Charlie Appleby confirmed Tuesday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X