Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Oaks 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
    I think Ghaiyyth is excellen value at 3/1... now best price 5/2 though. 10Furlongs isnt enables optimum trip and posted a lowish (for her) rrp on her sandown race last year, shes having her first run with the arc as a main target. plus ghiayyth should be race sharp from newmarket, the only issue is the weather, do we think the ground will be good to firm at sandown next week? anybody got inside info or live that way? ...Windsor is good to firm today and is only 20 miles away and doesn't look like much rain is forecasted ... i think ghIAYYTH should be a 6/4 chance??
    Agreed, don't tell everyone though.
    Enable has so many fans I'm hoping that they both turn up, the ground is normal and the price for Ghaayaith touches 3-1 at some point.
    I'd accept 11/4 or 5/2 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
      Agreed, don't tell everyone though.
      Enable has so many fans I'm hoping that they both turn up, the ground is normal and the price for Ghaayaith touches 3-1 at some point.
      I'd accept 11/4 or 5/2 though.
      Yeah ive taken 3s earlier this week, she is the altior of the flat. but she's also getting on like he is and I think Ghaiyyth is a monster and now 5 and has apperently matured..... if she is going to get beat , it will be on a stiff 10 furlong track , on quick ground against a nutcase like ghayyth.. the thing goes to post with a red hood looking like superman for christ sake!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
        Yeah ive taken 3s earlier this week, she is the altior of the flat. but she's also getting on like he is and I think Ghaiyyth is a monster and now 5 and has apperently matured..... if she is going to get beat , it will be on a stiff 10 furlong track , on quick ground against a nutcase like ghayyth.. the thing goes to post with a red hood looking like superman for christ sake!!
        I said don't tell everyone and now you're saying he's a superhero
        He's a bit risky though as he could easily self destruct.

Comment

It has the makings of a nice each way double

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
            I said don't tell everyone and now you're saying he's a superhero
            He's a bit risky though as he could easily self destruct.
            Ha ha ! I have started a new thread on this where we can discus.... I dont think our 5 pts will be moving a multi million pound market on this one! i am sure favorite backers will have some hefty wages on enable so our pennies wont move the current odds

How do I move a thread? if anyone with the know how reads this , please move previous comments onto the new thread
            Last edited by 7barrows; 28 June 2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

This might be the English Oaks thread, but for the Irish Oaks, Cheyenne Pepper ran a lovely trial yesterday. Awaiting prices for her, doubt she'll a good price.

Comment

The full list of Oaks entries:

Bharani Star (Peter Chapple-Hyam)
                Dubai Love (Saeed Bin Suroor)
                Ennistymon (Aidan O'Brien)
                Frankly Darling (John Gosden)
                Gold Wand (Roger Varian)
                Love (Aidan O'Brien)
                Oriental Mystique (David Simcock)
                Passion (Aidan O'Brien)
                Peaceful (Aidan O'Brien)
                Queen Daenerys (Roger Varian)
                Tiempo Vuela (John Gosden)

Comment

Jessica Harrington's super-battalion of fillies are noticeable by their absence.

Odds-on now to blow her chances of winning an English or Irish Classic with them now she has ducked Epsom, and made it a Frankly Darling vs AOB battle.
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                    Jessica Harrington's super-battalion of fillies are noticeable by their absence.

Odds-on now to blow her chances of winning an English or Irish Classic with them now she has ducked Epsom, and made it a Frankly Darling vs AOB battle.
                    ...she has Gold Maze entered for the Derby. Surely she can’t!!
                    Last edited by Eggs; 29 June 2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                      The full list of Oaks entries:

Bharani Star (Peter Chapple-Hyam)
                      Dubai Love (Saeed Bin Suroor)
                      Ennistymon (Aidan O'Brien)
                      Frankly Darling (John Gosden)
                      Gold Wand (Roger Varian)
                      Love (Aidan O'Brien)
                      Oriental Mystique (David Simcock)
                      Passion (Aidan O'Brien)
                      Peaceful (Aidan O'Brien)
                      Queen Daenerys (Roger Varian)
                      Tiempo Vuela (John Gosden)
                      Who ran the stats on when Aidan O'Brien only sends one to a race?

Is his record better if that's limited to fillies?
                      Is his record better if that's limited to classics?
                      Is his record better if that's limited to the Guineas?
                      Is his record better if that's limited to the Oaks?

Comment

I haven't backed anything and probably won't get involved.

Just a couple of thoughts.

I think Love ideally wants really quick ground. If the rain stays away she wins and 6/4 looks really good but if it doesn't it might be a different story.

I don't think the Ribblesdale was a proper test of stamina. Both the first two might be better at 1m2f.

Having said I wouldn't I have had a little each way on Gold Wand at 25/1. I don't think she can beat the favourite unless it rains but fingers crossed it does.

Comment

Judging by her action, I think Love will be in big trouble if the rain arrives.

Frankly Darling to beat the AOB battalion for me

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Judging by her action, I think Love will be in big trouble if the rain arrives.

Frankly Darling to beat the AOB battalion for me
                            Hope you are right FM, have her at 40's, thanks to someone on here (apologies, can't remember who put her up pre Newcastle run).

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Hope you are right FM, have her at 40's, thanks to someone on here (apologies, can't remember who put her up pre Newcastle run).
                              I'm very jealous!

Comment

Backed Frankly at 50's ew so here's hoping!

Comment

Working...
                                X