Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Irish Guineas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Guineas

Been some chat about the 2000 and it seems that most, including me, are keen to take Siskin on?

Anybody feel the same about Albigna and/or fancy something against her?

If Love is heading to Newmarket, she looks bomb proof to me. Loved her attitude and clear raw ability last backend and Foley has said that she “has turned into a monster” over the winter. Short enough but money has been steady over the last couple of weeks and depending on whether any of her stablemates turn up, I could see her going off odds on?

Yes Morley Street, i am in the "take him on" camp. Haven't quite decided on Aidan's between Vatican City, Lope Y Fernandez or Royal Lytham.

For the 1000G, i am not sure yet really. I like Ridenza (though had a setback after her debut), New York Girl, Know It All and Amma Grace as potential fillies to follow this year. Not sure if that's for the 1000G though, just in general as their prices are a bit tight already. Could see NYG getting 10f or maybe 12f in time..

Comment

Ridenza did look good in her maiden Jack but you never know how they’re gonna recover from a fracture so I would have liked to see a prep run for her. Agree the other three you mention are nice sorts, all having a similar level of form, but not sure it will be good enough to match Jessie’s crop.

Re Aiden’s 2000 possibles, have you ruled out Armory?

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
        Ridenza did look good in her maiden Jack but you never know how they’re gonna recover from a fracture so I would have liked to see a prep run for her. Agree the other three you mention are nice sorts, all having a similar level of form, but not sure it will be good enough to match Jessie’s crop.

Re Aiden’s 2000 possibles, have you ruled out Armory?
        It's funny MS, i was fancying him after he won the Tyros given he sends a decent one there. Probably still is a decent horse but i wasn't as taken with him in the Futurity. That last run can be forgotten easily. Suppose i shouldn't really be ruling him out and given that VC is only a Dundalk maiden winner, at the prices you'd think Armory is the better bet right now?

Agree on Ridenza and Halford said as much re a prep run, so she's definitely one to watch for me. Jessie's definitely hold the form and given it might not be so easy for her to travel all her top fillies i suppose it would be nice to her win!

Comment

Been some chat about the 2000 and it seems that most, including me, are keen to take Siskin on?

If Love is heading to Newmarket, she looks bomb proof to me. Loved her attitude and clear raw ability last backend and Foley has said that she “has turned into a monster” over the winter. Short enough but money has been steady over the last couple of weeks and depending on whether any of her stablemates turn up, I could see her going off odds on?
          Albigna is overrated for me MS. She was well beaten in the Moyglare and her group 1 win (reads well on paper) was probably one of the weakest I’ve seen. She’s obviously got plenty of scope and I wouldn’t be surprised if she won but at five times the price I’d rather have So Wonderful on side. I haven’t had a bet in the race yet, I will wait and see what turns up.
          Quadrilateral is the right fav for the English 1000 but I’m surprised Love is 12/1. It seems she’s pretty likely to go to Newmarket and looking at her last year there should be plenty more to come this season. I would have her a clear second fav and I’ll be surprised if you get any bigger than 9/2 on the day so at the price I had a play.
          Last edited by Priceiskey; 1 June 2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
            Albigna is overrated for me MS. She was well beaten in the Moyglare and her group 1 win (reads well on paper) was probably one of the weakest I’ve seen. She’s obviously got plenty of scope and I wouldn’t be surprised if she won but at five times the price I’d rather have So Wonderful on side. I haven’t had a bet in the race yet, I will wait and see what turns up.
            Quadrilateral is the right fav for the English 2000 but I’m surprised Love is 12/1. It seems she’s pretty likely to go to Newmarket and looking at her last year there should be plenty more to come this season. I would have her a clear second fav and I’ll be surprised if you get any bigger than 9/2 on the day so at the price I had a play.
            So Wonderful would be the one to pee me off the most... had a couple of decent plays on her last year only to disappoint but clearly has talent in there. Your take on Albigna is interesting and always good to gauge confidence levels elsewhere even if it is not what I was wanting to hear

Agree that Love’s price is a good one but something stopping me pulling the trigger on her at the mo... think she might be one to improve with racing?

Comment

Love could be anything- but being sister to 2 lesser lights in Ballydoyle who ended up being upped to 1m6 in time, is she perhaps more of an oaks filly. She does look better than those 2 though, so she could be different. I liked Peaceful of their possibles for the 1000G.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                Love could be anything- but being sister to 2 lesser lights in Ballydoyle who ended up being upped to 1m6 in time, is she perhaps more of an oaks filly. She does look better than those 2 though, so she could be different. I liked Peaceful of their possibles for the 1000G.
                I do think Love will be better over a bit further but the stiff mile at Newmarket could also see her go well. She still looked green even after several starts last year. I’d expect big improvement and think she will be the one the lads come for on the day.

Comment

Going to chance Harrington's horse FREE SOLO tommorow 2pt 20-1.
                  The maiden he won, was very impressive and I remember thinking that I should remember it.

She seems to be in great form and has plenty of young horses so this horse being placed into this race from his maiden last year means he must be showing well enough at home. Probably should play each way really but may have another go tomorrow.

Comment

Already taken her on with So Wonderful (my biggest winner) and a speculative bet on Roca Roma

Comment

I'm getting sucked in my Monarch Of Egypt.

Siskin, the favourite, is definitely better over shorter, but MOE is surely a horse that'll improve over further. Flopped behind Pinatubo and the time before that, which is why he's 22/1 (4 places)

Still going to back him though at that price as I don't think it's crazy to see him finishing ahead of Siskin given the distance, and that horse is the fav.

I'm going to have a little stab at him and also jump on the Free Solo train. 16/1 (4 places)
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 June 2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        Going to chance Harrington's horse FREE SOLO tommorow 2pt 20-1.
                        The maiden he won, was very impressive and I remember thinking that I should remember it.

She seems to be in great form and has plenty of young horses so this horse being placed into this race from his maiden last year means he must be showing well enough at home. Probably should play each way really but may have another go tomorrow.
                        Gunna follow you in Q. Only got 16s. But happy enough!

Comment

Monarch Of Egypt EW @ 20/1 for me. Price difference with the fav well worth the chance

Comment

It's a great race to have a bet in especially if you believe Siskin won't get the trip.

I like Royal Lytham and think he'll improve with the trip. I can see the shout for MOE but i can also see the view of big Tone (Tony Calvin) for Fort Myers! That's how open i think it is!

I've backed RL and FMs anyway!

Comment

Yet to play my hand in today's race, may leave it late, but best of luck to those who are on

Comment

Working...
                              X