Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2000 Guineas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Guineas

With the news https://www.racingpost.com/news/coro...of-june/433914

Races to be run on June 6
    2,000 Guineas (1m, 3yo cf, Group 1)

I've had a poke at Military March at 25/1 for the 2000 Guineas.

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    With the news https://www.racingpost.com/news/coro...of-june/433914

Races to be run on June 6
    2,000 Guineas (1m, 3yo cf, Group 1)

I've had a poke at Military March at 25/1 for the 2000 Guineas.
    Good shout I’ve had a stab at military march at 25/1 also, was having a look through to see what would run. Possible 12-14 runners and what will come over if at all due to restrictions? Will the Irish and french horses wait for their respective races?

Comment

Surprised if the French came over...

Nothing really to back that up though, just be surprised.

Irish I think much more likely, although whether it's in their hands is still questionable?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Surprised if the French came over...

Nothing really to back that up though, just be surprised.

Irish I think much more likely, although whether it's in their hands is still questionable?
        Just trying to weigh up potential each way angles to the jolly at this minute. Did think Military March was a big each way price and teal could have a nice one in Kenzai Warrior. Also Palace Pier looked very handy last season in his two wins at Sandown.

Comment

The good news at the moment for the French & Irish horses and obviously the human connections is the Government announced 14 day quarantine requirements to begin as soon as they get organised, but this will not currently affect the French or Irish.

Not sure why the French aren't included, it's either due to the Tunnel or the fact that Not many French people come to the UK anyway as they hate us.

The issue for the Irish trained horses coming over for the classics is the lack of any prep race. Although this is not normally an issue for Mr O'Brien.
          And obviously their own Government allowing them to travel to our diseased ridden land. Don't think their prime minister is a big fan of racing (gay bars might open first)

Comment

Foreign-trained runners will be allowed to run in the first two Classics of the disrupted British Flat season, the BHA has confirmed. The news could... Read More

Looks like they've made the rules up to suit.
            Overseas allowed for Group 1's but not other races below that, until June 15th

When's Royal Ascot start ??

Comment

ALSON punted in to 20/1 and 16/1 (from 40/1) following his move from Germany to Andre Fabre in March, and Fabre mentioning yesterday he is the likely traveller for the Newmarket 2000 Guineas (not Earthlight or Victor Ludorum).

Experienced horse, narrowly beaten in the Group 1 Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere on Arc Day, before slamming Armory by 20 lengths in a match for the Group 1 Criterium International, on his last run for Jean-Pierre Carvalho.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Seems to be some support gathering for Arizona too - maybe on the back of the Ger Lyons Drone comments (Maybe tongue and cheek).

Hard to see how he could overturn the results from last year with Pinatubo but suppose Aidan is the master bringing them forward and especially when it comes to the Guineas.

Maybe at 12's he is the each way but still hard to see Pinatubo being overturned if he has progressed

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                  Seems to be some support gathering for Arizona too - maybe on the back of the Ger Lyons Drone comments (Maybe tongue and cheek).

Hard to see how he could overturn the results from last year with Pinatubo but suppose Aidan is the master bringing them forward and especially when it comes to the Guineas.

Maybe at 12's he is the each way but still hard to see Pinatubo being overturned if he has progressed
                  There’s a piece in the racing post about Aidan potentially sending two to tackle Pinatubo. I take it they’re Arizona and Wichita? Has anyone glanced over it as of yet?

Comment

See Jessica Harrington has a piece in the members area called Guineas plans if anyone has access would be much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
                      There’s a piece in the racing post about Aidan potentially sending two to tackle Pinatubo. I take it they’re Arizona and Wichita? Has anyone glanced over it as of yet?
                      Has he mentioned jockey plans ?
                      The requirement for 14 day quarantine upon return to Ireland is a problem ?
                      A UK based jockey may end up getting a big ride or two, if they can't manage to circumvent the government's quarantine rules.
                      Whoever rides for O'Brien in the UK is likely to get his Guineas - Ascot and Derby runners.
                      But unlikely to be able to ride in the Irish equivalents.
                      Interesting to see how they manage this.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        Has he mentioned jockey plans ?
                        The requirement for 14 day quarantine upon return to Ireland is a problem ?
                        A UK based jockey may end up getting a big ride or two, if they can't manage to circumvent the government's quarantine rules.
                        Whoever rides for O'Brien in the UK is likely to get his Guineas - Ascot and Derby runners.
                        But unlikely to be able to ride in the Irish equivalents.
                        Interesting to see how they manage this.
                        Ryan Moore is UK based so would take all the rides in UK you would imagine so won’t impact too much there but yeah opportunity I would assume for Heff to take the first ride in Ireland then.

Biggest issue may be with staff who have to travel, would probably have to base a team in UK for a month or so I would imagine
                        Last edited by Run4Home; 18 May 2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                          Ryan Moore is UK based so would take all the rides in UK you would imagine so won’t impact too much there but yeah opportunity I would assume for Heff to take the first ride in Ireland then.
                          He's retained by O'Brien, not just UK based.
                          He could easily be asked to ride in Ireland for the Summer.

Although I think - like you've said, he could be asked to stay in the UK.

The problem with that is he gets to ride a maximum 3 horses for O'Brien in the respective Guineas, and Coronation Cup. (under the proposed rules)
                          Then nothing (aside from any other group ones scheduled up till Ascot.

In Ireland he would be able to ride every day in every race O'Brien has a runner. As No1 stable jockey, you'd think that would be preferred.

Interesting, as I said.

Comment

I quite like Wichita here. He’s got a course win on his record already and ran well behind pinatubo last time. To me he looked a bit scopier than both pinatubo and Arizona. At the prices I’d take a punt with him as you never know how they’ve grown and progressed over the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                              He's retained by O'Brien, not just UK based.
                              He could easily be asked to ride in Ireland for the Summer.

Although I think - like you've said, he could be asked to stay in the UK.

The problem with that is he gets to ride a maximum 3 horses for O'Brien in the respective Guineas, and Coronation Cup. (under the proposed rules)
                              Then nothing (aside from any other group ones scheduled up till Ascot.

In Ireland he would be able to ride every day in every race O'Brien has a runner. As No1 stable jockey, you'd think that would be preferred.

Interesting, as I said.
                              Yeah sorry by UK based that he lives there rather than rides.
                              Yah interesting how it plays out but would bet good money assuming Aidan sends runners over for the big ones (which in all likelihood is guaranteed if he can) Ryan will be riding for that month or so period in the UK. Can't see Aidan or himself not wanting to be there for Ascot and the Classics.
                              Maybe he comes over then ... but as you say interesting how it will plays out.

Its the staff the travel will rule out for the 14days will have a big impact how that is dealt with.

Comment

Working...
                              X