Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Flat Racing - Thoughts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WADDY View Post
    Interesting runner at Kempton today in the form of Glancing Queen. She was a decent bumper horse, ran well in Envoi Allen's bumper win, that form was strong. This could be prep for one of the staying races at Royal Ascot maybe?
    It would have to be the Queen Alexandra Stakes over 2M 5&1/2F if she ran at Royal Ascot as the Ascot Stakes over 2M 4F is a handicap, and The Glancing Queen hasn't ran on the flat yet.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Just noticed that Oddchecker only shows prices from 3 firms for a couple of races I'm interested in on Friday. It caught me out as I thought the other firms had not priced up yet but they have. For example in the Abernant Stakes, my fancy Emaraaty Ana is blue with 2 firms at 7s and the other at 10s. I rushed to get the 10s with BV bet he's actually available at 12s with B365 but is not shown on Oddschecker.
      Quite interesting the difference in prices with 72 hour decs. Emaraaty Ana is 12s with B365 and only11/2 with PP. Also on Friday at Newmarket you have another one I've backed at 12s with Sky offering 4 places and PP only offering 13/2.

Comment

• Link here for a google chrome add on which displays the overround for win and place when looking at oddschecker. Quite useful

Comment

• Are any firms pricing up the 2000G and Derby doubles. Also interested in 1000G and Oaks double. Can't find prices anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Are any firms pricing up the 2000G and Derby doubles. Also interested in 1000G and Oaks double. Can't find prices anywhere.
            Sometimes don't appear until 'the day' do they...

PP,
            Lads,
            WH

Usually have a market up...

Sky as RAB's....

Comment

Are any firms pricing up the 2000G and Derby doubles. Also interested in 1000G and Oaks double. Can't find prices anywhere.
              Betfair sports book has a few priced up on their specials page. William hill on their #yourodds page as well. They are quite quick if you request a price via Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by WADDY View Post
                Betfair sports book has a few priced up on their specials page. William hill on their #yourodds page as well. They are quite quick if you request a price via Twitter
                Cheers Waddy,

They all seem to focus on a couple of horse. I'll wait until the day and if nothing shows I'll just do my own.

Comment

• Has anybody got any fancies in the coronation cup 3 35 Newmarket.

Ghaiyyath looks ratings are far superior to everything else. Can anybody put up a case to take him on, if so who ?

Comment

• Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
                    Has anybody got any fancies in the coronation cup 3 35 Newmarket.

Ghaiyyath looks ratings are far superior to everything else. Can anybody put up a case to take him on, if so who ?
                    Had an hour yesterday on that race and could not see any bet at all, which is very rare for me.

Comment

It looks to be a cracking race on paper and I'll be tempted to have a small bet on Stradavarius if he drifts

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        Had an hour yesterday on that race and could not see any bet at all, which is very rare for me.
                        What put you off the favourite Ghiayyth , the bad form seems consistent with soft ground. Did Any form ties crop up at all?

Comment

It looks to be a cracking race on paper and I'll be tempted to have a small bet on Stradavarius if he drifts

Yeah it’s interesting as he’s getting money and backing in from 7/2 into 11/4. But hasn’t raced at 1m 4 since 2017 when rated OR 74 ! Also does the rating seem very high on the fav ?

Comment

Yeah it’s interesting as he’s getting money and backing in from 7/2 into 11/4. But hasn’t raced at 1m 4 since 2017 when rated OR 74 ! Also does the rating seem very high on the fav ?
                            Can't see that his price has moved 7B. It's a tricky race and I won't be getting too involved if I decide to have a bet.

I will be backing Withhold at Newcastle on Saturday though - I absolutely love that horse!

Comment

Agree that Ghaiyyath looks the one to beat on ratings 7b. Appleby / Godolphin have 3 shorties over the next 3 days all in the 3:35 at HQ, ending with Pinatubo. They paid £800K for Sky Angel in the maiden tomorrow and it’s been strong in the market. Stuck all 3 in a rollover double & treble.

Comment

• The Coronation Cup is a lottery i agree, and couldn't have a bet. Ghaiyyath might get a freebie from the front, and vs horses having preps etc. However, it's a grade 1 and i wouldn't be shocked to see others more straight than assumed. I don't particularly rate Ghaiyyath, yes he runs big figures at times, but he hasn't beat much at all.

Communique was quietly fancied by a few sensible folk @ 25s to outrun his odds, and he's been moved to Sunday's meeting for a listed race. He's 4s and i'm looking at the race now, i struggled to see why he isn't a little shorter to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X