Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Glorious Goodwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glorious Goodwood

I thought I would start the Goodwood thread as the Tuesday final decs are now known. I'm looking forward to the clash of 2 year old colts on day 1, with Pinatabu and Lope Y Fernandez taking each other on, plus Visinari stepping up in trip and Richard Hannon running his Superlative winner under a 3lb Group 2 penalty.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Skybet boosted Stradivarius, Too darn Hot and Bataash to 6/1 a couple of days ago

I couldn’t resist but I hate knowing that TDH will lose because of the boost jynx

Comment

Cheers HF, I had an awful GG last year so hoping for some better fortune this year so interested in your thoughts and tips

Comment

3yr olds get a lot of weight in the Goodwood cup. 15lb
        When they run in this race they tend to do well.
        3 have a go tomorrow.
        I've backed Dashing Willoughby 25-1 ew and South Pacific 40-1 ew.
        only 8 left in at moment so fingers crossed nowt else comes out, but I have my doubts.

Comment

I can't let Bless Him run tomorrow without having a few quid on each way. He's well handicapped imo but I'm not sure he wants 10f. Also put him in an each way Trixie with Cross Counter and Hey Gaman.

Comment

Love Goodwood, will be heading down at least one day this week.
            Anyone with time on their hand this week might want to double up with the New Forest show near Brockhampton, definitely a full days visit but both can be squeezed in one day if one is all you have.

From a punting perspective I’ll be leaving it until as late as possible, rain due tomorrow so the ground at this stage is a guess up...

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              I can't let Bless Him run tomorrow without having a few quid on each way. He's well handicapped imo but I'm not sure he wants 10f. Also put him in an each way Trixie with Cross Counter and Hey Gaman.
              backed bless him also.
              looks well worth a try upped in trip, usually always travels well enough but will need luck as may well get in a shitty position.

Comment

I like South Pacific in the Goodwood Cup and Speak In Colours in the Lennox Stakes, at decent prices. Would like to see Visinari run well given a 7th furlong.
                Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 29 July 2019, 09:31 PM.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  backed bless him also.
                  looks well worth a try upped in trip, usually always travels well enough but will need luck as may well get in a shitty position.
                  The draw is a worry but I can't let him run unbacked.

Comment

My Lucky 15 for Goodwood on tuesday is.. 1.- Mystery power - 2-25.-u/p.
                    2.- Zaaki - 3-00.-u/p.
                    3.- Stradivarius = 3-35.-1st.
                    4.- Maygold - 4-45.- 3rd.
                    good Luck if your playing.
                    Last edited by BigChaang; 31 July 2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                      My Lucky 15 for Goodwood on tuesday is.. 1.- Mystery power - 2-25.
                      2.- Zaaki - 3-00.
                      3.- Stradivarius = 3-35.
                      4.- Maygold - 4-45.
                      good Luck if your playing.
                      Yeah I’m struggling to see why Mystery Power is so big, has crucial soft ground form too if the rain falls....

Comment

Day 1 bets:

1:50 - Setting Sail @ 4/1 & Mountain Hunter @ 12/1 E/W

2:25 - Pinatubo @ 15/8 (antepost)

3:00 - Suedois @ 9/1 E/W

3:35 - Stradivarius @ 4/5 (antepost)

4:10 - Cobra Eye @ 13/8

4:45 - Amomentofmadness @ 16/1 E/W

4:15 - Salayel @ 7/2

I have 8 big bets across the week (7 singles and then the 7 horses in a big multiple with battash thrown in too). If I could get 5 winners in the singles and the multiple, it’s been a great week.

Two is those run today... Pinatubo and Stradivarius. So there will be celebrations here if those two could oblige to open up the week.

Good luck to you all for today and for the entire week.
                        Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 31 July 2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

1.50 First Sitting 12/1*
                          2.25 Pinatubo 11/8
                          3.00 Space Traveller 7/1*
                          4.10 Written Beoadcast 5/2
                          4.45 Muthmir 6/1*
                          5.15 Layaleena 9/1*

* Lucky 15 with betfred

Comment

1 Stone 1lb weight for age allowance for the 3yo in Goodwood Cup is obscene. Stradavarius will have his toughest assignment yet. No way should he be odds on having to give that much weight away.

Comment

Pity the 3yos inthe field are an average bunch Lobos. If it was soft, Baldings could have a squeak!

Comment

Working...
                              X