Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2024 Handicaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been impressed with how Skelton has developed these last few years and will be keeping a close eye on all his, the week after next, in the handicaps.

JP really has a strong hand too this year.

Mug punter alert. It's JP and Skelton for my on the day singles and multiples handicap life changers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post
      Been impressed with how Skelton has developed these last few years and will be keeping a close eye on all his, the week after next, in the handicaps.

JP really has a strong hand too this year.

Mug punter alert. It's JP and Skelton for my on the day singles and multiples handicap life changers.
      I’m going to a preview night with Dan Skelton on it, if there’s any questions people want me to try and ask him? (Apologies if this should be in the preview night thread)

Comment

• Originally posted by BagOfHammers View Post

I’m going to a preview night with Dan Skelton on it, if there’s any questions people want me to try and ask him? (Apologies if this should be in the preview night thread)
        Would you ask him what is his best chance of a winner in the festival handicaps please?? He usually has a couple that are ahead of the handicapper.
        Thanks .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fouroverthrutwo View Post

Would you ask him what is his best chance of a winner in the festival handicaps please?? He usually has a couple that are ahead of the handicapper.
          Thanks .
          Will do so

Comment

Would love to know what he thinks of Nurse Susan's chances and if she's as well capped as looks on first glance if possible please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Native River View Post

Would love to know what he thinks of Nurse Susan's chances and if she's as well capped as looks on first glance if possible please.
              His nap of the Friday last night so I think you've got your answer.
              Although he was bullish on a few of his, think he got this from his old boss.

Comment

• ….worth noting that whilst nearly all firms are offering 1/5th odds 1st 5, Lads and Coral are 1/4 odds 1st 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

His nap of the Friday last night so I think you've got your answer.
                  Although he was bullish on a few of his, think he got this from his old boss.
                  Cheers sounds good on paper til you remember Dan is bullish every week about most his horses

Comment

Cheers sounds good on paper til you remember Dan is bullish every week about most his horses
                    Nod, nod, nod!

Comment

• Backed Answer To Kayf for the Martin Pipe today at 16/1 his mark looks very lenient & his form all season is very strong, his regular rider is a claimer too which is a bonus for a small yard.

Got Gowel Road onboard for the Pretemps too, 25/1 e/w, he qualified nice & early in November & has been minding his mark since then, his run in behind Crambo in the Long Walk was pretty positive too. He has decent course form aswell. The field looks pretty light on quality this year, can’t see any graded horses in waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fouroverthrutwo View Post

Thanks .
                        Didn’t get to ask the question but from what he said on the night I would’ve said he was most keen on Unexpected Party in the grand annual with 2 miles being the key to him

Comment

Said she won’t make it unfortunately

Comment

Didn’t get to ask the question but from what he said on the night I would’ve said he was most keen on Unexpected Party in the grand annual with 2 miles being the key to him
                            Unexpected Party has been to Cheltenham 6 times ....

Form 2U355

100/1 5th in the Turners
                            2nd off 120 to Gowel Road back in 2021

Form at 2m

4235 (never won)

The 2 miles being key to him at Cheltenham just sounds like it's plucked from thin air. On the old course he pulled up in the Coral Cup and as I said, his 2nd to Gowel Road was off a mark of 120

I really wanted to back it, as I've nothing live in the race but jaysus.... am I missing something? he should be 50/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Unexpected Party has been to Cheltenham 6 times ....

Form 2U355

100/1 5th in the Turners
                              2nd off 120 to Gowel Road back in 2021

Form at 2m

4235 (never won)

The 2 miles being key to him at Cheltenham just sounds like it's plucked from thin air. On the old course he pulled up in the Coral Cup and as I said, his 2nd to Gowel Road was off a mark of 120

I really wanted to back it, as I've nothing live in the race but jaysus.... am I missing something? he should be 50/1
                              Couldn’t disagree with you there at all, he wouldn’t be my bag at all. Never taken to the horse. Just passing on what Dan said

Comment

Couldn’t disagree with you there at all, he wouldn’t be my bag at all. Never taken to the horse. Just passing on what Dan said
                                Ah yes, I obviously wasn't calling you out on it... thanks for passing it on.

Large pinch of salt around any comments from trainers is usually a sensible default position

Comment

Working...
                                X