Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2024 Champion Bumper (A FLAT RACE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Yeah, I cashed him out.
    Same, got nearly 2 and a half times stake, can always go back in again if it’s someone on the wonder spoof

Comment

• It feels like every horse I have a great position on or in some nice multiples ends up in a different race or injured. Although I say this every year, I guess that’s just how it is

Comment

• Cashed out as well, as you say will re back if need to, though to be honest I’m not sure the form was up to much anyway.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up, cashed out for profit at least

Comment

• I think you’re probably right, but it is silly season. There’s a similar move about YOK just now, not quite as pronounced, but still. Just takes one person to say at a preview night “can’t have that form” a couple lay and it snowballs. Naff all liquidity about on the bumper market still so easy to move the market.

Comment

• Someone else put up a few quid shy of 20, see if it gets matched. Mine was in 15mins I'd say

Weird for someone to happily give those odds about a 2nd fav (8s on exchange this morning?)

Comment

• Have to watch out for the bullshit that fly's around this close to the Fez. Go careful guys.

Comment

• With the numbers on here we could easily turn a market inside out. Just watch out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post
                    I think you’re probably right, but it is silly season. There’s a similar move about YOK just now, not quite as pronounced, but still. Just takes one person to say at a preview night “can’t have that form” a couple lay and it snowballs. Naff all liquidity about on the bumper market still so easy to move the market.
                    Yep agreed, the markets so weak it doesn't take much at all to manipulate it or for it to look like someones out . If he was defo out now you'd be able to back at daft odds. Same happened in the Bartlett market the other day with Dancing City, after being around 10/11/12 for a while, got matched at 22, within 24 hours was back down to around 10.0

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                      Someone else put up a few quid shy of 20, see if it gets matched. Mine was in 15mins I'd say

Weird for someone to happily give those odds about a 2nd fav (8s on exchange this morning?)
                      I’m sure you are right. I thought the same when I saw it. But no one can explain the Allaho / GSI episode but it happened. And that was in a highly liquid market on the morning of the race.

Comment

• They'll all be doing bits and pieces of work also.

No better example of this than the gamble on Quick Draw for the Kim Muir when he worked in front of Constitution Hill the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by isitmarchyet View Post
                          It feels like every horse I have a great position on or in some nice multiples ends up in a different race or injured. Although I say this every year, I guess that’s just how it is
                          It is. Just part of the game. Happens every year. You just need to accept it, go with it and move on. It'll never change. Swings and roundabouts. One person's loss is another's gain. Just laugh it off if possible

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                            They'll all be doing bits and pieces of work also.

No better example of this than the gamble on Quick Draw for the Kim Muir when he worked in front of Constitution Hill the other day.
                            Very true

Comment

• Maughreen's turn no. Nothing to lay ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post
                                Maughreen's turn no. Nothing to lay ...
                                Pitiful......

Comment

Working...
                                X