Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2024 Novice Hurdlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Winging The Last View Post
    I would add to the supreme trends that no horse since 1992 has won the race with any form of headgear on. Tullyhill and Slade Steel both wear tongue-ties.

Also 20/21 winners had a 50% or better record over hurdles. Firefox is 1/3
    Mystical or Jeriko then. Simples. Cheers WTL.

Comment

• Hills have Brighterdaysahead boosted 2/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by HesTheOne View Post
        Hills have Brighterdaysahead boosted 2/1.
        I think all her backers will be praying the rain dumps plenty over the weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Mystical or Jeriko then. Simples. Cheers WTL.
          Yeh id love to see JP winning this. Hopefully MP settles and I dont want to see JDR ridden with loads to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Yeh id love to see JP winning this. Hopefully MP settles and I dont want to see JDR ridden with loads to do.
            I’d be very surprised if he was . I think he will track the leaders . They are very confident in his stamina and suspect they will hope he is a little quicker than the other strong stayers (hitting 34+ mph lto would not have upset them) A fast pace and I see him improving a ton.

Comment

• As Ballyburn is all but conformed for the Gallagher, it looks as though this will cut up a lot by final decs. I thought Peaky Boy at 33s makes fair/ew appeal, its only entry, seems sure to run.
              It's form got a boost with Champagne Twist winning today and beat that horse after a massive break and kept fresh since. Cheltenham winning form albeit on the new course. Softer the ground seems perfect. Yard form slight question but massive odds , not the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonnyBoy View Post
                As Ballyburn is all but conformed for the Gallagher, it looks as though this will cut up a lot by final decs. I thought Peaky Boy at 33s makes fair/ew appeal, its only entry, seems sure to run.
                It's form got a boost with Champagne Twist winning today and beat that horse after a massive break and kept fresh since. Cheltenham winning form albeit on the new course. Softer the ground seems perfect. Yard form slight question but massive odds , not the worst.
                NRNB so no issue, but Nicky didn’t sound convinced he’d run the other week. Said Jingko Blue and Lucky Place would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post

NRNB so no issue, but Nicky didn’t sound convinced he’d run the other week. Said Jingko Blue and Lucky Place would.
                  Fair enough we will soon find out, i had heard otherwise but as you say not fussed with NRNB

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

I’d be very surprised if he was . I think he will track the leaders . They are very confident in his stamina and suspect they will hope he is a little quicker than the other strong stayers (hitting 34+ mph lto would not have upset them) A fast pace and I see him improving a ton.
                    Yeh I don't want MP being left with too much to do. I can envisage a scenario unfolding similar to when ADTS beat Tullyhill at Punchestown where Tullyhill looked all over the winner then quickly gets outpaced. I assume Tullyhill will go from the front to try and let stamina come to the fore so if MP can sit off him and not give him too much rope then I think MP will pick him up with minimal fuss.

Comment

Yeh I don't want MP being left with too much to do. I can envisage a scenario unfolding similar to when ADTS beat Tullyhill at Punchestown where Tullyhill looked all over the winner then quickly gets outpaced. I assume Tullyhill will go from the front to try and let stamina come to the fore so if MP can sit off him and not give him too much rope then I think MP will pick him up with minimal fuss.
                      I was talking about jdr

Comment

I was talking about jdr
                        Oh haha. I'd be confident he'll stay on well but I think MP would have a better turn of foot. The green and gold good start dream lives on

Comment

Oh haha. I'd be confident he'll stay on well but I think MP would have a better turn of foot. The green and gold good start dream lives on
                          Not long to wait now before we find out. It may not be the classiest curtain raiser this year but it’s one of the most fascinating imo.

Comment

Not long to wait now before we find out. It may not be the classiest curtain raiser this year but it’s one of the most fascinating imo.
                            Yeh I cant remember a supreme and arkle so open. It's great really as it gives punters an opportunity to get some decent priced winners in early.

Comment

Yeh I cant remember a supreme and arkle so open. It's great really as it gives punters an opportunity to get some decent priced winners in early.
                              Both supreme and arkles in 2019 and 2020 was simular so not that long ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post

Both supreme and arkles in 2019 and 2020 was simular so not that long ago
                                Aye, Shishkin and Jeriko similarities Excuse already made in my mind for Henderson's stable though.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X