Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Spectre Racing - The King Of Ryhope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have already said on twitter but best wishes for today, I hope that he comes home safe and sound and runs his race

Comment

• ….King of Ryhope ‘win today and next years GN’ 150-1 Hills

Comment

• Good luck today to everyone involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
          ….King of Ryhope ‘win today and next years GN’ 150-1 Hills
          Nothing for Win today and next years Ultima ?

Comment

• Did him in cross doubles.

If he loses I'm done on here.....

Comment

• Wow!!
              Must be great to have a runner on Grand National day.
              Very envious.
              Make the most of what will be a fantastic day out for you all if you win or lose. Hopefully it’s the former!!
              Wish you all the very best.

Comment

• Thought the warning signs were early with jumping, seemed a little sticky at them, no doubt Paul with give feedback in time. Sure they will better days coming.

Comment

• Without wanting to criticise too much, he's never once been given a clear sighter at his fences and made mistakes because of it IMO. Looked to be coming there round the turn, but the mistakes told in the end.

Comment

• Yep, I'm sure the day out has been brilliant anyway.
                    I'm sure he'll have his day assuming he stays fit and well. Skelton is very good with these types.
                    He just looks like he's not that arsed when it starts hurting a bit IMO.
                    I'd try 2 miles with him cos he looks like he can jump a fence and has a nice cruising speed.
                    He's shown no signs of being a stayer so far, as he finishes so tamely.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                      Without wanting to criticise too much, he's never once been given a clear sighter at his fences and made mistakes because of it IMO. Looked to be coming there round the turn, but the mistakes told in the end.
                      Ridden with a lot of confidence as well. There's a big race in this horse. The dream continues.

Comment

• He's racked up a good amount of excuses this season if we're all being honest about it and evaluating as we would any other horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post
                          He's racked up a good amount of excuses this season if we're all being honest about it and evaluating as we would any other horse.
                          He's most certainly not a punt horse in my view, he will deliver but anyone's guess when.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                            Yep, I'm sure the day out has been brilliant anyway.
                            I'm sure he'll have his day assuming he stays fit and well. Skelton is very good with these types.
                            He just looks like he's not that arsed when it starts hurting a bit IMO.
                            I'd try 2 miles with him cos he looks like he can jump a fence and has a nice cruising speed.
                            He's shown no signs of being a stayer so far, as he finishes so tamely.
                            Yeah he looks far from a stayer.
                            Not really sure where his future lies but from what I’ve seen as far as distance goes he’s probably a two and a half miler.
                            Once they find his level he should then have every chance of producing his best.

Comment

• A brilliant weekend overall, obviously disappointed in the result and before the race yesterday I thought everything was in his favour.
                              With hindsight, I'd agree that he doesn't look a 3 miler at this stage.

I'm not sure the Grade 2 form at Ascot is worth much either unfortunately BUT all that said, it's still the best experience I've had on a racecourse and long may it continue

Up the Ryan

Comment

• Being an owner is all about the once in a lifetime experience which you just need to embrace and be very thankful for. If your horse is successful then that's just a wonderful bonus but it shouldn't be taken for granted as only a very small % turn out to be any good. Very few get the opportunity to own horses so anyone that has are very lucky indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X