Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have seen it mentioned on another thread that A Plus Tard had been drifting on the exchanges a week or so ago,I stumbled upon a conversation with the girl who looks after APT and she confirmed all was well with him and that he’s as fat as a pig on his holidays!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liverpoolchamp View Post
      Have seen it mentioned on another thread that A Plus Tard had been drifting on the exchanges a week or so ago,I stumbled upon a conversation with the girl who looks after APT and she confirmed all was well with him and that he’s as fat as a pig on his holidays!
      Good to know, I’ve been monitoring the exchanges and it seems to have settled down now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

All I can say is that I'm past that number on antepost bets for the following Festival on all my accounts on the Saturday immediately after the Festival has finished, so I'll be limited to betting on one day a year!!!
        Yeah I’m well past the 2000 limit already too. Going to have to use the betting shops more frequently to stay off the radar

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautostar View Post

Yeah I’m well past the 2000 limit already too. Going to have to use the betting shops more frequently to stay off the radar
          Do any bookies let you put antepost bets on on the machines in the shop ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice View Post

Do any bookies let you put antepost bets on on the machines in the shop ?
            William Hill definitely do

Comment

• Pretty sure you could just walk into Hills and put some ante post bets on via their machine, I do it most weeks
              Could also just put bets on over the counter at other high street Bookies such as BetFred, Coral, Lads etc

Comment

• The hills machines are funny

Most of the time you get the bet on

Then randomly iv tried to have a muggy ?10 double with a greyhound about to race and a Cheltenham bet and itll say stake too high

Comment

• Gordon Elliott on fire today .!. 4 winners already today in sligo and perth.
                  Last edited by BigChaang; 10 July 2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                    Gordon Elliott on fire today .!. 4 winners already today in sligo and perth.
                    4 months too late

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

4 months too late
                      Or .. 8 months too Early !! . ..

Comment

• Gordon Elliott tweeted that he'd bought New Year's Honours who is 1/3 on the flat for Ralph Beckett. Half sister to Concertista, Burning Victory and Zanahiyr from the National Hunt. By Nathaniel who I think will turn out a few decent sorts. Not priced up anywhere yet but I will certainly stick her in the tracker. GE said that she is ready for a season of juvenile hurdling.

Comment

• Gordon has just 1 runner today........at Newton Abbot!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lbur4288 View Post
                            Gordon Elliott tweeted that he'd bought New Year's Honours who is 1/3 on the flat for Ralph Beckett. Half sister to Concertista, Burning Victory and Zanahiyr from the National Hunt. By Nathaniel who I think will turn out a few decent sorts. Not priced up anywhere yet but I will certainly stick her in the tracker. GE said that she is ready for a season of juvenile hurdling.
                            Desert Crown - Derby and Dante winner, is the most recent of Nathaniel big winners.

I think that his breeding may move back more toward flat race staying horses, after those wins, but there will always be those that run in National Hunt either directly (Bred to be NH) or indirectly (from Flat breds moving to NH).

The price of visiting Nathaniel with a mare, may well go up quite a bit, if Desert Crown's exploits continue though.

My mate who bred Desert Crown and sold him to his current owner, will probably keep open an annual visit to Nathaniel for Desert Crown's mother Desert Berry though, which should lead to some gbp1M+ yearlings sold at auction for him in the future.

He also has a half-sister to Desert Crown (Rose Berry) who has a Nathaniel foal already, so he has two now very valuable mares breeding to him.
                            Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 12 July 2022, 11:16 AM.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• This is probably the saddest and nerdiest post I've made on here (though the competition is strong) but it dawned on me today when making me antepost notes that Constitution Hill running in the Champion Hurdle has ruined my use of acronyms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                                Gordon has just 1 runner today........at Newton Abbot!!!!
                                I got a micro share in Come On Du Berlais as a Christmas present - Gordon did a video for owners earlier today saying he expects a big run. She travelled over a day early, has already got experience of travelling over to UK and winning, and has her conditions. She's odds on though and a bumper at Newton Abbott isn't exactly the race I'd be doing my nuts in in terms of a bet

Comment

Working...
                                X