Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltz Fest 2021 Behind Closed Doors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post

Same happened to my nana mate, had a test on the Thursday, came back negative on friday, died on the Saturday and had Covid as cause of death even though it was actually pneumonia. When my sister rang the hospital to query it, they said they were told to put it on. Wtf is that all about? I have been fuming about it every since so this is all a touchy subject for me. I dont believe a word we are told after seeing that happen first hand
    Yeah we felt the same, contemplated disputing the death certificate but at the end of the day it wouldn't change things

Comment

• Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post

Yeah we felt the same, contemplated disputing the death certificate but at the end of the day it wouldn't change things
      She died alone as well, as many others have. i think she gave up as her family were not with her and thought we didnt care. She had been in a few times before but rallied once she saw us and came back out. This time was once too many, i will never ever forgive these clowns in charge for this and i am sure many others feel the same. Just a bunch of evil dictators in my book.

I will stop ranting now before i wind myself up.

Comment

• Nothing to add other than sending positive thoughts to all who have been affected by the pandemic.

Zero chance of the festival going ahead in the manner to which we’re all accustomed. But hopefully one day, we can go back and have a drink to the end of this whole damn mess.

Comment

• Same happened to my nana mate, had a test on the Thursday, came back negative on friday, died on the Saturday and had Covid as cause of death even though it was actually pneumonia. When my sister rang the hospital to query it, they said they were told to put it on. Wtf is that all about? I have been fuming about it every since so this is all a touchy subject for me. I dont believe a word we are told after seeing that happen first hand.

just read this to the wife and she said this is exactly what happened to her nan in Scotland. Apparently it was done to get her buried early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Star Of A Gunner View Post
            Same happened to my nana mate, had a test on the Thursday, came back negative on friday, died on the Saturday and had Covid as cause of death even though it was actually pneumonia. When my sister rang the hospital to query it, they said they were told to put it on. Wtf is that all about? I have been fuming about it every since so this is all a touchy subject for me. I dont believe a word we are told after seeing that happen first hand.

just read this to the wife and she said this is exactly what happened to her nan in Scotland. Apparently it was done to get her buried early.
            Its a crazy situation mate, it felt like it was to get figures up to keep everyone scared to me. My mate has had something similar where his mate died of a heart attack and they did the same. I have heard so many stories

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
              15th Dec Boris Johnson - "It would be frankly inhumane to cancel Xmas"

19th Dec Boris Johnson - Cancels Xmas

The man is a liar, always has been a liar and always will be a liar. Absolute vile creature.
              It's an emotive subject for everyone but the man is screwed whatever he does.

I'm trying to judge him by other governments and I don't see many doing much better. The media were pointing towards Sweden doing it the right way (after the event) and that's gone tits up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

It's an emotive subject for everyone but the man is screwed whatever he does.

I'm trying to judge him by other governments and I don't see many doing much better. The media were pointing towards Sweden doing it the right way (after the event) and that's gone tits up!
                The media have their hands covered in blood here no question in my mind, they’ve continually hit us with the ‘under 30s are extremely low risk’ and that’s meant little consideration/respect for the pandemic is given by that generation.
                Couple that with this incompetent government failing to see that 98% of cases are transmitted through schools but they keep schools open and destroy leisure and hospitality industries...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

The media have their hands covered in blood here no question in my mind, they’ve continually hit us with the ‘under 30s are extremely low risk’ and that’s meant little consideration/respect for the pandemic is given by that generation.
                  Couple that with this incompetent government failing to see that 98% of cases are transmitted through schools but they keep schools open and destroy leisure and hospitality industries...
                  I understand that the vast vast majority of cases are being accounted for in schools, but I could never get behind an argument for schools shutting. I'm strongly of the mindset that children learn substantially better in school than virtually, therefore if you ask me to choose between the educational prospects of a generation or bar staff losing their jobs - the kids are at their desks every single time. I know I've over simplified that, but the education of our future working population is paramount in my view.

Add in the argument that kids being sat at home then renders a lot of the workforce needing to be at home as well and I strongly take the view that you do whatever you have to do to keep them in school.

Only my view, happy for a discussion as ever as understand the opposing one.

Comment

• New Zealand are out of it completely now aren't they?

Some people in my social media web seem to believe that's down to the leader being a female.

Imagine it was that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post

I understand that the vast vast majority of cases are being accounted for in schools, but I could never get behind an argument for schools shutting. I'm strongly of the mindset that children learn substantially better in school than virtually, therefore if you ask me to choose between the educational prospects of a generation or bar staff losing their jobs - the kids are at their desks every single time. I know I've over simplified that, but the education of our future working population is paramount in my view.

Add in the argument that kids being sat at home then renders a lot of the workforce needing to be at home as well and I strongly take the view that you do whatever you have to do to keep them in school.

I don’t necessarily disagree ryan, but they took the decision to keep schools open and destroy the leisure and hospitality industry despite the fact these sectors operated well throughout July and August when cases were falling and it’s been widely accepted that transmission in these areas is virtually zero.
                      Just makes no sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        New Zealand are out of it completely now aren't they?

Some people in my social media web seem to believe that's down to the leader being a female.

Imagine it was that simple.

NZ and Australia are through it, the common denominator is they are both islands and both countries closed their borders to overseas traffic, we’ve had planes landing and taking off throughout this crisis....

Comment

I don’t necessarily disagree ryan, but they took the decision to keep schools open and destroy the leisure and hospitality industry despite the fact these sectors operated well throughout July and August when cases were falling and it’s been widely accepted that transmission in these areas is virtually zero.
                          Just makes no sense...
                          Thanks for clarifying a bit Ista, I'd taken your post as it was a binary choice of schools open or pubs open. Agree with you there, open hospitality back up, with limits similar to before and heavily police establishments breaking the rules.

Comment

NZ and Australia are through it, the common denominator is they are both islands and both countries closed their borders to overseas traffic, we’ve had planes landing and taking off throughout this crisis....
                            One thing I never understood is why the borders were not closed. Made no sense to me at all.

Comment

It's difficult Ista.

My children are 7 and 10 and they missed 6 months of school from March to September. I'm not sure of the overall impact that has had on them yet but it definitely isn't good.

I had to work from home (key worker), and my wife works from home (key worker) and then we had to try and home school too which was almost impossible.

I don't really blame anyone in government or PHE for this. Could it have gone better? Yes. Could it have give worse? Yes.

The thing that winds me up is the morons that just don't care, and there's a fair percentage that just don't care!

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post

My job is recruiting for the education sector (having left recruiting for the hospitality sector during LD1), so I do rely on schools being open not to be furloughed myself, but with an open mind I can see why they've kept them open. Education is paramount.

However, I don't think that's what people are annoyed about, I think they're annoyed about the fact it's not being acknowledged or it's being ignored or glossed over. They could have openly said that they're aware the school system is going to have a negative impact on the R - and given there reasons as to WHY they've gone ahead leaving schools open (which would include the points you've made in one way or another). They could have been open and honest and said they're going to close hospitality to help out but blaming them or creating a focus on it, is a step to far and a smoke screen.

Wales and some secondary's here will be doing remote learning as they have a phased return... doesn't really address the issue IMO, but it's just impossible to know what to do.

Essentially, keeping schools open is for 'the future' and if you don't, you're fucking up childrens futures to some extent, however, keeping them open, means more people will die than if they closed them. You then have to balance the economic impact of the scenarios, including childcare, people not being able to work, furlough etc. Whichever choice is made, people will be upset, and their lives will be worse.

It's an awful time.
                                Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 December 2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X