Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Retirement Multiples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I do, as tips
    Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Comment

I did a silly bet at the 2019 festival to get rid of some spare change, picked 8 horses and covered the 6 and 7 folds at like 5p and 15p a line or something. Only ended up with 3 actual runners but the non runners basically made it into a patent which is by far my best returns ever. Annoyingly one of those non runners was Honeysuckle... gotta think she would have done alright in the mares novice that year!

Comment

Originally posted by Dandrew99 View Post
        I did a silly bet at the 2019 festival to get rid of some spare change, picked 8 horses and covered the 6 and 7 folds at like 5p and 15p a line or something. Only ended up with 3 actual runners but the non runners basically made it into a patent which is by far my best returns ever. Annoyingly one of those non runners was Honeysuckle... gotta think she would have done alright in the mares novice that year!
        Yeah, she may have had a squeak

Comment

....I was fortunate enough to retire early without a multiple bet which is good because I have no chance of getting one in.

Comment

Not yet but if somebody could find me a 20k winner next fez to pay for my wedding it would be much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
              Not yet but if somebody could find me a 20k winner next fez to pay for my wedding it would be much appreciated

You're welcome

It'll pay 2 million, so you'll have a bit spare for the Honeymoon.

Comment

You're welcome

That'll do thanks Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                  ....I was fortunate enough to retire early without a multiple bet which is good because I have no chance of getting one in.
                  That made I laugh !

Comment

You're welcome

......and my funeral

Comment

I've had plenty of good multiples come in, a few Łk here and there, but never a retirement multiple.

I always have some as you'll see in my diary, but so far I've only got the place parts in a few times. That said, the place part of retirement multiples pay very well. Also I've hit the bar a few times over the years which keeps me encouraged sufficiently to keep trying.

Always each way for me as you'll have seen in a number of my posts. The place part rolling up can be significant. I avoid putting haymakers in there though. They're only ever horses that I think have a high percentage chance of hitting the frame at least.

Another thing I like to do is a have a couple of multiples with more than one horse in each leg. I've come very close with that strategy a few times.

I'm not sure how much people really read diaries, but I'm very pleased with my early multiples this year, and my retirement multiples don't look half bad.
                      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                        I've had plenty of good multiples come in, a few Łk here and there, but never a retirement multiple.

I always have some as you'll see in my diary, but so far I've only got the place parts in a few times. That said, the place part of retirement multiples pay very well. Also I've hit the bar a few times over the years which keeps me encouraged sufficiently to keep trying.

Always each way for me as you'll have seen in a number of my posts. The place part rolling up can be significant. I avoid putting haymakers in there though. They're only ever horses that I think have a high percentage chance of hitting the frame at least.

Another thing I like to do is a have a couple of multiples with more than one horse in each leg. I've come very close with that strategy a few times.

I'm not sure how much people really read diaries, but I'm very pleased with my early multiples this year, and my retirement multiples don't look half bad.
                        Bit like going out for the day in a White Suit.

You've not left the house yet though.
                        And you've no idea what the weather's going to be like.

You'll do well not to come home without any of the following on your clobber.
                        Piss, Shit, Sick, Semen, Alcohol, Gravy, Mud, Biro, Cigarette Ash, Bird Shit, Spittle, Covid 19, Snot, Tikka Masala, Sweat, Make-up, a badge or flower.

Comment

And yes, on a good day, all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                            Bit like going out for the day in a White Suit.

You've not left the house yet though.
                            And you've no idea what the weather's going to be like.

You'll do well not to come home without any of the following on your clobber.
                            Piss, Shit, Sick, Semen, Alcohol, Gravy, Mud, Biro, Cigarette Ash, Bird Shit, Spittle, Covid 19, Snot, Tikka Masala, Sweat, Make-up, a badge or flower.
                            Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Lobos, you started the thread.... you don't like the multiples..... so here is the challenge, pick us one....

The Lobos Life Changer!

You have a deadline of, 1st Sept?.... but I want a bet that pays at least 250k from you --- and YOU have to back it as well...

...and put some thought in to it, not Galvin

Then for a few months you can wear a white suit.

Comment

Lobos, you started the thread.... you don't like the multiples..... so here is the challenge, pick us one....

The Lobos Life Changer!

You have a deadline of, 1st Sept?.... but I want a bet that pays at least 250k from you --- and YOU have to back it as well...

...and put some thought in to it, not Galvin

Then for a few months you can wear a white suit.
                                There's a challenge. Challenge accepted. We are all going to be rich................and I don't mean a dick.

Comment

Working...
                                X